• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Video Game Music?

Skywalker

Space Jump
I sort of agree with Brawlmatt202: Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door! had some excellent tracks. Rogueport had an interesting melody, the Battle with Lord Crump had catchy sound effects, and
Glitzville
--I don't know--the bright music just sticks in my head.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
I sort of agree with Brawlmatt202: Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door! had some excellent tracks. Rogueport had an interesting melody, the Battle with Lord Crump had catchy sound effects, and
Glitzville
--I don't know--the bright music just sticks in my head.
Lord Crump's battle theme was my favorite out of all the tunes!

Incidentally, Paper Mario: The Thousnad-Year Door won the Nintendo Power award for best music once, though the guys at Nintendo Power though FF: Crystal Chronicales had better music.

CHUK

Smash Ace
DooM and Final Fantasy 7 (Aries music, Boss battle, Jenova). But FF is Not Even DooM Music.

Dash_Fox

Smash Ace
I loved some Gradius III (For the SNES) music. Forgot which songs though. I also Loved Chrono Trigger music (can't get enough of corridors of time). Star Fox for the SNES had some great music as well! So did Star Fox 2 (for emulators only). Battle Toads and Double dragon (For the SNES) had some awesome music on the first level. Street Fighter II music also owns (Feilongs stage, Guiles stage, and Kens stage!). Every megamanX has had a great soundtrack so far (except for 7, didn't like that one too much). I loved the fight music on Mario RPG for the SNES I loved some music from Killer Instinct as well. And Shining Force had some really epic music as well!

oh man i can go on and on and on with this subject!

smash_master74

Smash Rookie
Most of My Fav. Music is from the sonic series:

I Am>>Shadow The Hedgehog<<<<<#1

Tales Of Symphonia Battle Theme<<<<#2

Live And Learn>>>SA2B or SA2<<<<#3

What I'm Made of>>Sonic Heroes<<<#4

End Credits>>Perfect Dark N64<<<#5

Open Your Heart>>SA1 or SA Directers Cut<#6

50 Cent Bulletproof Soundtrack (all of it)<<#7

Skywalker

Space Jump
I Am>>Shadow The Hedgehog<<<<<#1
Gah, it's OK. All Hail Shadow is better. (IMHO)

Live And Learn>>>SA2B or SA2<<<<#3

What I'm Made of>>Sonic Heroes<<<#4

Open Your Heart>>SA1 or SA Directers Cut<#6
Can't disagree with you on those, but What I'm Made of is so-so. Strategy from SA2, Seaside Hill from Heroes, and Team Dark from Heroes are all interesting tracks.

Hyrule Field (Main Theme) from Twilight Princess is a great song.

Citrussed

Smash Journeyman
What about Kirby 64? (I forgot what its called, was it crystal shards?) The boss battle music is good. :)

And Timesplitters 2 & 3.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
What about Kirby 64? (I forgot what its called, was it crystal shards?) The boss battle music is good. :)

And Timesplitters 2 & 3.
Kirby 64 rocked! The only problem was it didn't include Dedede's theme, but it did include the Gourmet Race tune, which I liked.

Leobenmc

Smash Journeyman

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
My favourites include:
Bubbleman - Megaman 2
Sasha's Theme - Advance Wars Dual Strike
Lake - Pokémon Diamond & Pearl
Battle! Team Galactic Admin - Pokémon Diamond & Pearl
Metal Harbor 2 - Sonic Adventure 2
Bowser's Castle - Super Mario Kart
Sector X - Lylat Wars
World 1 - Kid Icarus
Palace - Zelda 2
K.K. Condor - Animal Crossing

Virtually all of Super Aleste's songs, especially this gem:
Boss Battle 1 - Super Aleste
Some of those links are "Invalid Links"...

hectichobo

Smash Ace
1.Super Mario Theme (Super Mario's First Game)
2.Green Hill Zone (Sonic THe Hegehog)
3.Legend of Zelda Sahria's Song (Legend of Zelda Orcarina of Time?)
4.City Escape (Sonic THe Hedgehog)

SehkmetCLS

Smash Cadet
1) Zelda theme from the Twilight Princess Trailer, must be one of the best version ever
2) Kokiri Woods, the sounds gave such a happy and great feeling when first starting the game
3) Starfox Theme, just epic, nice build up, and good for drama scenes (like the Zelda theme, when it plays, either **** hits the fan, or you've won :p )
4) Skies of Arcadia - Combat on Deck, that DnB song never got old the whole game.
5) Battle music of Tales of Symphonia, pumped up and straight to the point.

Nearly as good:
Yoshi's island - Touch fuzzy, get dizzy....Dinosaurs on crack, gotta love it
Any other Yoshi song
Mario songs
Etc...I like most of the vide game music, Elder scrolls does nice music too, but too linear for me.

WFL

Smash Journeyman
DK Rap. Nuff said.

And K.K. Slider songs, but that sorta ruins the nuff said thing.

Foxman15

Smash Journeyman
If a video game had Master of Puppets on it (besides guitar here) that would be the greatest game music ever.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Zelda games have the best music IMO. Ocarina of Time has my favorite soundtrack. Also Wind Waker's soundtrack was good. Specifically the Hyrule Castle theme... The bassoon plays the melody. ^_^

I also love the Melee soundtrack... A lot of the themes are orchestrated, and full orchestras are FTW!

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
How can you people not include the Halo soundtrack. O_O

Donkey Kong
Street Fighter
Aegis Wing

APImagine

Smash Apprentice
ONE of my favorites is the first level's song that's played in Megaman X3, before choosing any boss stages.

Sir James

The Doctor
The Megaman series has the best videogame music of all time. The top 3 MegaMan games that come to mind for the best music are Megaman 2, Megaman X, and Megaman X4.

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
Mario Strikers Charged.

And that Halo 2 guitar thing.
That Halo 2 guitar thing you're thinking of is the MJOLNIR Mix.

Some other music includes:
All MegaMan and Sonic Songs! (mainly Dr. Wily Stages 1 & 2 from MM2)
Aeris' Theme (Final Fantasy VII)
One-Winged Angel (Final Fantasy VII)
Liberi Fatali (Final Fantasy VIII)
Chrono Trigger Boss Theme

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
The Megaman series has the best videogame music of all time. The top 3 MegaMan games that come to mind for the best music are Megaman 2, Megaman X, and Megaman X4.
I've heard music from Mega Man II. My favorite is the first level in Dr. Wily's castle.

Sir James

The Doctor
Do you like "The Minibosses"? Their Megaman 2 Mix is INCREDIBLE!
I have never heard a Better Bubbleman - infact I forward to 2:30 just to hear it.
Found a Live Version: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eOokbBMKzqE
That stuff is OK, but I found a better remix of ALL the Megaman 2 music. This guy named Cry0genik did a killer guitar remix of the entire soundtrack (including bass and drums). Listen to the samples on these youtube videos:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5holgw14HQo

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Zvgk10YlRtg&mode=related&search=

I loved the music so much I ended up emailing him about purchasing his music. He sold me the CD for 20 bucks via Paypal. Send him a PM via Youtube.

Bubbleman remix is on the second video within the first minute. It's awesome stuff. Best 20 bucks I spent in a long time.

Leobenmc

Smash Journeyman
That stuff is OK, but I found a better remix of ALL the Megaman 2 music. This guy named Cry0genik did a killer guitar remix of the entire soundtrack (including bass and drums). Listen to the samples on these youtube videos:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5holgw14HQo

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Zvgk10YlRtg&mode=related&search=

I loved the music so much I ended up emailing him about purchasing his music. He sold me the CD for 20 bucks via Paypal. Send him a PM via Youtube.

Bubbleman remix is on the second video within the first minute. It's awesome stuff. Best 20 bucks I spent in a long time.
HOLY F**K!! This is incredible! I love what he did with Dr Wily's Castle Theme - INSANE Bubbleman, and that INTRO! <3 OMG. Freaking unbelievable, thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Top Bottom