• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best tether gimp ever, period

Raikou_Cypher

Smash Cadet
I don't know how to do this consistently, but while playing samus/zamus (and once vs. an olimar), I used utilt up close to the ledge, and when they tried to tether grab it, they would hold the ledge for a few frames, then let go and continue to fall to their deaths. A Zamus tried to tether the ledge three times and all three attempts failed. I have at least one match saved as a replay, and I haven't tested this yet (so if anyone wants to experiment with this, please feel free). I assume it works with all other tethers. I don't really know how it works, but I'm sure it has something to do with the vacuum part of our utilt. If someone found a way to reliably use this, I'm sure it could be very helpful against characters who rely on their tether when they're recovering out of range of our stomp/tipman. I don't think this has been brought up before...I searched the Ganon forum for it, but only got one result which didn't mention it at all. Sorry if this is already known, lol... XD

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
Hopefully this can actually be pulled off in serious matches (even if they know about it).

Raikou_Cypher

Smash Cadet
That's why I want to figure out how to do this consistently, if you're at the ledge while they just got smashed off the stage then all you have to do is time it so the vacuum is still there while the ledge is in their tether range. The only person I can think of that this might be a problem for is zamus, who can attempt to tether the stage multiple times (if she tries to recover with her side-b horizontally, then tries multiple up-b's as she falls). If a character got knocked offscreen then I think most people would have more than enough time to get this out before they try to recover with their tether. It should always work when pulled off correctly, even if your opponent knows about it, since whatever goes on in a player's head doesn't affect the limits of a character's move.

thexsunrosered

Smash Lord
Tether recoveries can only be refreshed three times before they fail to ledgesnap. One must actually land on stage to renew the three times. That's probably what happened

:034:

Smash Hero
OP I'm really happy for you and Imma let you finish, but wizkick cancel uair is one of the gimps of ALL TIME!

:034:

Top Bottom