• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Samus counter?

Rayquaza07

Smash Ace
Does any one know who the best counter would be?And stratigies to use against Samus and good counter picks against Samus too.

Echo_0

Smash Rookie
I don't know any strategies against her, but I know olimar is really good against her

xeleion

Smash Apprentice
Samus isn't that hard to beat. Pretty much anyone that can get inside a lot of projectiles and has a lot of quick attacks has an advantage over her. Try using spacies. You could also stick with smaller characters, as they're generally harder to hit. Pikachu, Kirby, and the all-purpose counter Meta Knight all work. Other than that, I couldn't really tell you; I dabble in a bit of Samus but don't main her. However, there might be a Samus matchup thread somewhere in the Samus forums.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
captain falcon and sonic both destroy her spacing and own her
Where exactly did you get this from? I had the idea that those matchups were in her favor since both of those characters lack projectiles and have laggy aerials.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
if you face good aggressive ones they are able to approaxch samus and avoid her projectiles and zair very easily due to thier high speeds making it hard to land her projectiles and space and the smart ons can avoid the bombs making it very in thier favor, projectiles mean nothing if you cant hit with them or get punished for doing them

ADHD

Smash Hero
if you face good aggressive ones they are able to approaxch samus and avoid her projectiles and zair very easily due to thier high speeds making it hard to land her projectiles and space and the smart ons can avoid the bombs making it very in thier favor, projectiles mean nothing if you cant hit with them or get punished for doing them
Captain falcon sucks

Maybe sonic

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Chromes match up guide is trash.

Impossible matchup=metaknight

Hard matchup= Falco,pit,marth,olimar,wario,ddd,rob,GW,IC

everything else is pretty much even or easy.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
TL;DR

actually, once you figure him out metaknight is one of the few exceptions of ridiculously disadvantaged high tier matchups

Orichalcum

Smash Journeyman
I would rate pikachu a hard matchups at least too

also:

You have to adopt to their playstyle. An agggressive C.Falcon/Sonic is the same thing as a less aggressive. Change you playstlye and you wont get beaten around while zairing or missiles.
I wouldnt rate those to a ... COUNTER.. in any ways. they are even at best depending on the player. those characters abilities to safely approach a samus are just too limited

Boolossus

Smash Ace
MK is impossible for Samus to beat. Pick up a secondary character to deal with him.

Marth and Ike both do well against her, Ike more than Marth in my experience. Link can get to her too if he spams enough.

XxBlazingSpeedxX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
XBlazingSpeedX
wow, I dont think many people actually know wat there talking about here, falcon gets destroyed, sonic is sorta but not realy that hard. The hardest match ups i know of are lucario, MK, and Olimar.

eggtwerp

Smash Rookie
MK is impossible for Samus to beat. Pick up a secondary character to deal with him.

Marth and Ike both do well against her, Ike more than Marth in my experience. Link can get to her too if he spams enough.
thanks from the future

Top Bottom