• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BEST Part of SSB4 So Far?

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
The best thing about the game is the fact that they are overall focusing on BUFFS this time around. I love the fact that characters like Bowser and Sonic are going to be far more competitively viable!

Except Zelda still sucks. Poor Zelda.

LF2K

Floor Diver
The fact the GameCube controller is making a triumphant return.

Last edited:

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Extremely hyped for the newcomers. (Mainly Lucina and Robin)

I do like Lucina and Robin the most, but all the other ones look unique and great as well.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Another good thing: the ability to buy it in the eShop.

I kept losing my Brawl disk and I broke my Melee disk from playing it so much. (I got a new one, but still.)

Once I have it, I'll have it forever.
*cough* Unless your Wii U/3DS breaks.... :troll:
For me:
The vibrant visuals
The presumably better online
Twice as much Smash fun
The so far great batch of Newcomers
Final Destination forms of all stages (I play with friends who ONLY choose Final Destination)
also patching and potential for DLC

I feel that this Smash Bros is going to last a long time.

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
Roster balance
The newcomers and each of their gimmics
Refined gameplay, including increased speed, combos, turndashing, removal of tripping, new edge game, etc.
Colorful graphics
Roster balance
Improved online
Smash Run
Balanced emphasis on casual and competitive play
The GCN controller adapter
Alternate costumes
Total gimmie moves like DK's barrel roll and Link's backflip and jump slash
Solo Charizard
New final smashes replacing some of the lamer ones (Luigi, ZSS, Kirby, Pit)
The super leaf item (I always wanted it in Smash Bros)
Roster balance
This little guy --> :substitute:
The fact that it's almost completed

And roster balance.

Last edited:

micstar615

Smash Ace
WHERE TO BEGIN!? ok..

1. The gameplay seems more refined this time around! Seems like a happy medium between melee and brawl!
Loving the hitstun and speed increase.

2. The roster. Rosalina, Lucina, Robin, Little Mac, Palutena, Greninja, Mega Man and Pac-Man? So far the roster has exceeded my expectations. All I need is Mewtwo and then I'd be 100% satisfied.

3. Custom movesets. This is something that adds so much depth and could change the way we play smash for the better. This allows us to balance the characters to our liking. One of the things I'm most hyped about.

4. The graphics. Glorious.

5. Final Destination versions of each stage, now we can have fair matches with a variety of different backgrounds and music!

Hong

The Strongest
I think I'll do a top five as well.

1) New ledge mechanics.

2) Shields break MUCH easier. This is good news for moves like Eruption and Falcon Punch that will serve as great punishers.

3) Part of what makes old games awesome is that they do not try to have realistic sound effects. In my opinion, games should aim for sounds that are satisfying as opposed to realistic. The greatness that is the Japanese versions of Smash 64 and Ike's sword sounds in Brawl look to be overshadowed by the sounds from Smash 4.

4) That Mr. Sakurai would be willing to change existing moves. Angel Ring was a rather obnoxious move and I'm glad it's gone.

5) As mentioned, Robin.

Last edited:

Born in 1839...

Smash Apprentice
Everything's great. And now I can play as a BLACK MR. GAME & WATCH, on Team Battles. Color choice doesn't matter! :) :gw: Pink Yoshi will also be fun.

Showmethesmash

Smash Rookie
1.HD
2. Roster.... Look at them all, fantastic.
3. The smash direct. This was great.
4. New character trailers.... Mega man in particular.
5. Nintendo having some fun with it, like only they can.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Fair female representation (ALL of the 'avatar' characters have a playable female option, as it should be by default)

Customizable movesets

Return of some SSB64-like humor

Lucina and Villager

Less 'gritty' designs of characters (Mario and Bowser look much more like they do in their actual games now)

Last edited:

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
The apparent and welcome support by nintendo for the competitive community. Hopefully they stay consistent with it, and aren't just building up good PR just to slam us with 'cease and desists' again once the game comes out and people start making videos.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
It's like a fixed version of Brawl. Don't get me wrong, I love Brawl, but it has a lot of glaring flaws that keeps its 1v1 elements down. This one tones down the random elements in the characters' movesets (Dedede's side-b for example), it's no longer as slow and floaty, hopefully it won't be as campy, tripping is gone, its graphical style isn't needlessly detailed, air dodges lag when hitting the ground. I hope so badly it'll have better balance too. All in all it looks like I won't ever have a reason to return to Brawl, and like I said I do love the game, but this just looks and sounds like the better game in every aspect.

I also love all the veteran changes, like Samus and Bowser who have a few new and improved tricks up their sleeves, or just little changes like Sonic's new D-Smash. New characters are nice and all, even if I don't like many of them this time, but the biggest and most important Nintendo all-stars are already in the game, so there's nothing quite like seeing them spiced up.

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
The best part is plenty of new characters with fresh playstyles unlike anything seen before in Smash. Also, Captain Falcon in HD.

HipsandChips

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5172-0569-0749
Stages-
Not only are we getting double the usual, but they are much more varied and dynamic, and there's FD versions for when **** gets real.

Art Style-
This cartoony and colorful style works much better for Smash, specifiely with characters like Pikachu and Kirby and other squishy ones. Brawls realistic/gritty thing did not work for me.

Characters-
Maybe not as many newcomers, but each one so far has a strong reason to be there and brings something unique to the table.
Or is a girl, and I guess girls are good.

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
Hitstun
Custom movesets
Veteran changes (except Zelda)
Newcomer choices
Four Fire Emblem characters

Peterawr

Smash Cadet
I've actually been very pleased with the newcomers so far.
Many of them seem to have very unique styles of gameplay, and I"m really exciting to try them out.
Even the Miis (I was never against them nor was I on-board with them) look like a ton of fun to play.

The fact I'm having such a hard time deciding who I want to main is a good thing.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
A collective list of my fa-vour-ITE things!

-Mega Man & Rosalina: The two characters that made it in who I am quite attached to (unhealthily so in Rosalina's case) that I have wanted for a long time. In general, the roster is really awesome though. I only dislike the implementation of one newcomer (Lucina), the rest are awesome, whether I was attached to them previously or not. Mega Man and Rosalina are joining my crew for sure, though. I'll probably focus on Mega Man in the 3DS version, and Rosalina on Wii U, since Rosalina will be easier to handle with a Gamecube controller, while Mega Man looks well suited for the 3DS. I'll definitely be getting lots of HD screens of the bae that way, then! :p

-2 different games: The excitement is double, and the pay off for waiting is double. One can be taken on the go in glorious 3D, one can be put on my 48"TV in 1080p. And if one game ends up a little disappointing in any area, the other might make up for it.

-Smash Run: It's completely genius and looks really fun, in-depth, and rewarding. I legitimately hope people consider separate Smash Run tournaments especially if the 3DS scene doesn't kick off with just normal games due to being overshadowed by the Wii U version. I would definitely participate.

-Nintendo is making me feel like a part of something bigger: Yeah, it's impossible for me to get into the competitive community proper. But Nintendo is at least paying attention to you guys, which has strengthened my own interest, and just watching all of these streamed Smash events, from the Invitational, to the Treehouse Stream, and even to unofficial ones like EVO and some BrainScratchComms streams earlier in the year, I do really have this sense that Smash is this worldwide phenomenon. Like, I don't feel like one of a few people who want it (like I did in the Brawl days). I feel like I'm one of a whole lot of people.

-Amiibo: They seem a lot better than Skylanders, in terms of the craftsmanship and their use, not to mention they will work outside of Smash. I'll probably be collecting them, since I can never get merchandise without importing otherwise (them Nendroids, Figmas, and that Rosalina/Cat Rosalina plush coming soon... :c).

Just think...I can have all of my waifus, bros, and pets...all in the palm...of my hand...AND I CAN TRAIN THEM AS SLAVES....

All of the memes and funny stuff people make:

give me strength

Raijinken

Smash Master
Since just saying "Robin" is discouraged, I will also add:
A portable Smash game
Robin
Faster than Brawl
Robin
New stages
Robin

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Personally, me calling Rosalina for Dec while everyone else wanted Bowser J.

secondly......The UNIQUENESS practically each newcomer adds to this.

Renji64

Smash Lord
Good Netcode is the best aspect of this game for me it will the title longevity and enable me to play with alot of good players that aren't in my area.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Best parts of Smash 4 so far for me?

-Palutena being playable
-Improved online play (I think)
-Palutena
-FD variations of most if not all stages. It really brings in the variety. Wished there were BF versions too.
-Gamecube controller. Been playing Smash with it since Melee, want to keep going with the GCC.
-Pit's new Final Smash. Get equipped for how epic it is.
-Palutena's trailer (and it showing all her custom specials).
-Screen KOs. Can't have Smash without some funnies in it. It's already funnier than D3 being star KO'd in Brawl.
-The music we've heard so far, and to think that's only a small portion of what we will be hearing when the game comes out.
-Smash Run. Why not? It also teaches us about some enemies throughout Nintendo that we may not have known about.
-Customization. Bring out variety and all, and it makes things more strategic if you choose the right specials and equipment for buffing your characters.
-Palutena again, for team Skyworld! :4pit::4palutena:

Last edited:

DukeofShorts

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Braedenthegreat
My favourite part is that little brass tune about 0:45 into this song
Always leaves me satisfied since melee.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
The fact there is a 3DS version, which so far seems considerably more exciting than the Wii U version

Also some of the newcomers, like Robin, Lucina and Palutena

Shaymin slicker

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shadowshaymin
3DS FC
1547-5202-1903
I just like the fact that almost (or all) all the stages are getting a FD format. It makes me so happy that I can see a different scenery and listen to my favorite music. Seriously I got tired of Final Destinations music/scenery after a while.

Violenceman

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ash316
The best part? Mega Man, hands down.

But also, the fact that we are getting a portable 3DS version is great too.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Well, I do like the roster (I'm thinking of maining :4pacman: and :4palutena:), but my very favorite aspect of Smash 4 is the move customization. It'll add a great deal of depth to casual and competitive play alike.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Lady Palutena, obviously.

In all seriousness, I'm really liking what has been shown so far. I think I'm more liking the small details such as the screen KOs and how expressive the characters are now. Also, some stages are gorgeous. I love how Battlefield is heavily influenced by the Kid Icarus Uprising game (I swear it looks like it is located a few miles from Palutena's Temple).

Id like to see more stages now.

Last edited:

CaptainSyrup

Smash Rookie
Let's see, it has vibrant, colourful graphic, customizable special moves, really nice character re-designs (looking at you, Bowser and Yoshi), hilarious screen KOs. a 3DS version, and some newcomers that I've wanted to play as since the dawn of time (Little Mac! Mega Man! Yay!) ...

Say what you want about Nintendo, but it certainly knows how to sneak its way into my heart and wallet. So hyped.

Top Bottom