• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BEST Part of SSB4 So Far?

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
:4megaman: <-- This guy!!!

And Smash Run. A fun new mode that I can already tell I'll be addicted to for quite a while.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
So far? For me, the single thing I am happiest about is solo Charizard. Didn't expect that. I honestly was afraid PKMN trainer was just gonna get cut entirely.

Of course, Robin's trailer was pretty damn amazing in itself as well. 2 Newcomers, FE:A themed cutscene with Falcon, and a gematsu sucker punch all in one video. Pretty legit.

And honestly, the fact that we're getting a handheld version makes me ecstatic. Finally I've have something to do in class xD.

I just love smash and can't wait for most aspect of this game.

Last edited:

warionumbah2

Smash Master
==> No Subspace
==> Gamecube making a return
==> Sonic
==> Better online/little to no lag like Brawl(assuming)

Honestly new characters so far are lack luster, probably cause i don't know about them but even then characters like Megaman didn't get me hype. Only trailer i loved was the C.Falcon one cause its Captain Falcon. xD

Novice_Brave

Smash Journeyman
To be completely honest, best part so far is how great all the newcomers look.
:rosalina::4palutena::4robinm::4megaman::4villager: and :4wiifit: all look super unique and bring something totally new to Smash. Other than that, I'm excited for the new ledge mechanics, new physics, faster speed, and changes to veterans. There's not much I'm not excited for.

Book Jacket

Smash Apprentice
I'm really optimistic about this game, and so far I've seen nothing but good reason to be. Some things worry me, like the aerial lag and lack of aerial momentum, but on the whole, I'm excited for a great installment to the series. The characters all look great visually, and even the ones I've been skeptical of (Wii Fit Trainer, Miis) just keep looking better. I can honestly say that I have never been so excited about a game in my life.

Also there's no tripping

Dr. Corndog

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DrCecilCorndog
Double Post
Mii Fighters.

They DO belong.
It's the implementation that makes them work. Before E3, the most common idea being bandied about was that Mii characters would use moves from Mii-focused games like Wii Sports and Wii Music. Miis fighting in Smash with tennis rackets and musical instruments was about as lame an idea as can be conceived.

Sakurai implemented Miis with movesets totally unique to Smash, which was a lot cooler. But where he really nailed it was by giving them so much customization. Not only the moves, but entire fighting styles are customizable. And, of course, personalization is the very core of what Miis are about in the first place. Sakurai made Miis work by expanding on what makes them appealing in the first place.

Best thing so far: the roster. As for particulars, all the newcomers (Palutena excepted) are worthy additions. Mega Man and Pac-Man are gaming icons; Wii Fit Trainer is hilarious and represents a lately-come side of Nintendo; Villager and Little Mac represent a couple of great IPs that haven't had fighters in Smash yet. Plus, all of the newcomers (Palutena included) look fun to play.

But the other thing that makes the roster so great? The size. We're up to 36 characters so far, and that's bound to increase quite a bit. You know Ness, Puff, GDubs, Wario, and Meta Knight are returning. ROB and ICs are so unique, they'll likely not get cut. Sakurai might cut one Star Fox rep, but he's not cutting both. And he's also implied there are still more newcomers on the way. I expect we'll see well over 40 characters once the game's released.

Last edited by a moderator:

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
- Red Mega Man. Weird I know, but he was the first fighting game character I ever used way back when I was 3. It's special to me.
- Seemingly great online. Not like it matters to me since I played online Brawl nearly every single day until wifi shutdown, but it's still awesome to see.
- Little Mac
- HD Captain Falcon everything
- Nobody looks dead inside this time around

Last edited:

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
Sakurai implemented Miis with movesets totally unique to Smash, which was a lot cooler.
Maybe it's the first time Miis have used those moves, but not all of those moves are unique to Smash. I can't be the only one to notice that the Mii Brawler has Rising Falcon as a special move option (complete with the backward leap into the air, and the signature triple-shockwave GFX on the kick), while the Mii Swordfighter has Sword Rain, Ray Thrust and Ray Satellite combined into one move (a chakram that can be stalled in the air? Not an obvious knockoff at all!), a Void Tempest knockoff in Gale Strike, and a riser-and-dive combo that looks like Eagle Dive.

Hong

The Strongest
Maybe it's the first time Miis have used those moves, but not all of those moves are unique to Smash. I can't be the only one to notice that the Mii Brawler has Rising Falcon as a special move option (complete with the backward leap into the air, and the signature triple-shockwave GFX on the kick), while the Mii Swordfighter has Sword Rain, Ray Thrust and Ray Satellite combined into one move (a chakram that can be stalled in the air? Not an obvious knockoff at all!), a Void Tempest knockoff in Gale Strike, and a riser-and-dive combo that looks like Eagle Dive.
To no surprise, being Bandai Namco, they have folks from both the Tales and Soul Calibur team on board. :) As far as big names go, the most absent of the Bandai Namco teams is the Tekken team, which would make sense since I assume they would just be around for the project planning before going back to work on Tekken 7.

Since they had to work with mostly existing characters, I don't think the team had a lot of freedom, especially with someone like Sakurai who insists on having his hands on everything. I think since the Mii Fighters have three full movesets, he allowed for more freedom. I'm sure they had a lot of fun designing them, taking inspirations from both internal and external sources.

The Mii Gunner in particular reminds me a lot of Cave Story.

Dr. Corndog

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DrCecilCorndog
Crash Bandicoot?
Eh...I wouldn't put him on quite the same level.

Maybe it's the first time Miis have used those moves, but not all of those moves are unique to Smash.
I haven't watched the trailer since E3, and I probably wouldn't have recognized some of those moves if I had. It's the customizability that really sold me on the concept of Miis, anyway.

liets

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2852-9552-5494
Woah woah woah that sure is something! I like that!

gamer8

Smash Lord
Custom movesets, I'm so excited to get the game and just try out everyone custom moves. Great alts this time around, hopefully we get at least 1 incredible alt for each character. Zero Suit Samus and Sheik as stand-alone characters, characters like Luigi and Yoshi getting buffed. This Smash is already shaping up to be the best one in my eyes, by a long shot.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
There are so many things I like so far in this game. I love how the characters are showing more expressions and the colors are a lot more vibrant than in Brawl. The newcomer choices are pretty solid plus hopefully the potential inclusion of K.Rool, Ridley, Dixie, and Isaac will make this a really awesome roster. The additions of Mega Man and Pac-man are great. Now you can have the four gaming icons on the battlefield at the SAME time! Also, can't wait to hear the soundtrack to the game!

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
For me, it is the newcomer videos. Admittedly, I've been on the Internet for just a few years, but they are easily THE most powerful hype - machines I've seen.

Booster

Smash Lord
Excuse me but are you trashing the thread I made? I'll have you know most of the content on it isn't from me, all I hate about the game is the Metroid Other M references.

As for the best part of Smash 4, Mii Fighter without a doubt.

liets

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2852-9552-5494
Excuse me but are you trashing the thread I made? I'll have you know most of the content on it isn't from me, all I hate about the game is the Metroid Other M references.

As for the best part of Smash 4, Mii Fighter without a doubt.
Nah man you've got it all wrong, I just felt your thread could use its opposite, so people could have a place to talk about things they do like instead of don't

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Rosalina reveal, that was the only reveal where I had no idea who was the newcomer.

Little Mac's trailer was predictable
Greninja's was ...bleh, well I didn't really watch it live but i'm sure it made Mewtwo fans angry
Palutena's was super predictable and I don't like Palutena (excluding anime smash)
Pac-Man's was leaked through the internet before it surfaced .-.
Robin's has been the best so far after the Rosalina reveal, but it was still more predictable.

Booster

Smash Lord
Nah man you've got it all wrong, I just felt your thread could use its opposite, so people could have a place to talk about things they do like instead of don't
Sorry I realize that now, but I agree, I had intended to make one of those myself, but I realized I had way too many threads in the section. Anyways, I love Mii Fighter because it's an outlet of creativity and one of the characters I wanted to be playable ever since I played brawl, but rather then make it a simple hand to hand fighter, they made the equivalent of nine characters out of it, which is wonderful, I don't see why people don't want Mii Fighter and yet some people want Shrek and "Brash the friggin' Bear" (Though they may be trolls)

turtle roll

Smash Apprentice
The fact that this game exists is the best part about it. Without that, there wouldn't be anything else!

...okay how about a real answer...

I love boxing style characters, and so little mac is going to be my main newcomer. Looking forward to landing some satisfyingly satisfying K.O. punches.

That said, I love me some micromanagement gimmicks, and I just started playing fire emblem, so robin is a close second on my reasons smash is awesome list.

I think if I had to put it all into one topic folder, the unique and gimmicky characters are what make this series great in my eyes. Combined with it's platform fighter type of combat, it's a truly unique experience. Smash 4 seems like it is aiming to pick out the best parts of melee and brawl to grow it's own super-baby smashling, and it wouldn't be possible without the gardeners... er... dev team and all their hard work.

So yeah. the best part about this game it the dev team.

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
#1: Being part of a community that shares an unhealthy obsession for the same video game as me.
#2: The roster selection has made me replay old games and try new ones. The day they announced Robin & Lucina I bought Awakening because I refused to be unfamiliar with them. I never thought I'd like Fire Emblem, but that game is SICK.
#3: The chicas are really getting their time to shine.
#4: Final Destination maps for almost all the stages & the variety of fun stages so far.

#5 For Fun & For Glory. I love playing both ways, so it'll be nice to have the choice.
#6: Alternate Costumes.
#7: The 3DS VERSION! I can't WAIT to play on my handheld. :-) I have literally ZERO friends who also own a Wii U. I wouldn't be able to play online with close friends if it weren't for the 3DS version. :-)

Last edited:

AncientArk

Smash Apprentice
So far? For me, the single thing I am happiest about is solo Charizard. Didn't expect that. I honestly was afraid PKMN trainer was just gonna get cut entirely.
I keep forgetting about him being solo now, the best pokemon ever. I can't wait to use him.

For me, my favourite thing about Smash Bros is new characters, so, so far, the best thing is the character reveals. I love the trailers they make for them. The Fire Emblem one was top notch.

shapular

Smash Ace
I'm worried about you

I liked this post just for Sakura.

The best part about Smash 4 is that I'll be able to be on equal footing with my PM and Melee-playing brethren (i.e., my whole state). My goal is to be ranked in Tennessee but it's never going to happen in Melee since I'm so far behind in experience. PM is closer but most of the state has been playing since before the demos, while I didn't really like it until 3.0. I wouldn't feel as much accomplishment being ranked in a mod anyway. TN better watch out when October comes though~

Also, the newcomers. I love how they all bring unique styles.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Best thing, a lot of thing: (some of my character are not there and lucina is just one the worst thing...or worst but...)

-The roster are really Great.
-The Rooster balance.
-Smash Run.
-The Random Gamecube adapter.
-Most of the assist trophies look more promising characters.
-Mega Man, Sonic, Mario and Freaking Pac-Man in one game that is official Licensed by their own company in ONE OFFICIAL GAME AND NOT FANMADE!!!!
-The return of :4olimar:.(Because my Main)
-The freaking, crazy stages choices are flat out better. Especially Paper Mario, N castle and Find Mii stage with Dark Emperor<--The only boss I wanted in smash is in YES:4falcon:YES!!!
-Turn stage in Final destination mode is simply creative. Is just can turn them in Battlefield too, that would be better.
-The newcomer trailer are full of HYPE!
-The invitational tournament and Nintendo sponsor in EVO for the melee tournaments.
-THE HYPE.

UnicornDemon

Smash Journeyman
The best part of the new Smash Bros is the fact that more effort has been put into balancing the roster.

SuperWiiFitTrainer64

Smash Cadet
NNID
BrianYauger
3DS FC
2251-5824-0397
-Mega Man/WFT/Little Mac/Rosalina
-The chance of King K, Mewtwo and Ridley
-The "cartoony" design of the game. After watching videos, I looked at Bowser in Brawl and was disgusted. I hate his design in that game in comparison.
-The GameCube controller... When I first played I used the Wiimote and Nunchuk and after I used the GC one, I couldn't stop.
-The fact I can take it on the go with me wherever.
-The addition of female characters...that's cool I guess. I'd prefer villains though.
Honestly everything about this game looks fantastic (except one little thing, but I don't wanna start an Uprising), and I think it'll be the best in the series by a longshot.

Last edited:

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
GameCube controller compatibility, all the characters, the new stages, the music...pretty much everything. I can't pick one.

I really like the music I've heard so far. Brawl had an excellent soundtrack but some of it was overkill (i.e. SSE) and maybe a bit too serious-sounding (the main theme), but this soundtrack seems more epic and fun-centric, I would say.

CrimsonYoshi

Smash Apprentice
Finally having Hank Hill join the battle. (maybe Obama but I can't get it to look right...)

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
I have a few:
Newcomer Trailers: These are things are bundles of hype and just the sheer anticipation of finding out a new character is amazing. I prefer this well over a new page update.
3DS Version: I love the idea of a Smash Bros. game being on-the-go, and it seems so packed full of content.
Art Direction (Colors): The game looks so much more colorful. I wasn't too big of a fan of Brawl's "realistic" and somewhat dry looking colors. The vibrant colors compliments the series much better IMO. plus dem hd grafiks

Top Bottom