• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

-Best of 2007- San Bernardino, Socal (12/29) - Thanks for coming! Go to results now

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
no, it's not. i believe everywhere but so cal does it too =/. like literally, everywhere but so cal.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
Neutrals are Neutrals for a reason

And everyone knows how 2 play on them

DONT BAN NEUTRALS

its dumb

MaNg0

Smash Hero
Well still neutrals is the way 2 go.. thats the way 2 go ^_____^

And i play puff

yoshi story HELLO

JTB ... come on lol

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
you play puff so you're guaranteed one victory because you get one gay counterpick no matter what that makes it very hard to lose. JTB knows all about that.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
WOW

people counter pickk

green greens , corneria, poke floats , rainbow cruise

Sorry mr sheik player.. Mr character sucks on every level ..

BOO WHO

EzynJAY

Smash Lord
its just gay in general because even if u have more skill ppl can gay u second match on one of those levels then its bassicly down to 3rd game...counter picks are lame but thats how it goes id be all for not banning nuetrals if it meant those gay stages couldnt be picked

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
people? you mean fox. don't worry, i think fox is gayer than jiggs.

sheik doesn't even have one stage to reliably counterpick on. it kind of just makes you want to go main fox. like 95% of the metagame.

i usually don't need to ban neutrals because the matchups that give me the most trouble only do so because of the gay counterpicks, but just in theory banning neutrals should be a choice if people want to do so, even though doing that hurts me (Sheik, Fountain of Dreams) way more than a lot of other users.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
i think saying that your character is does bad on a level is just character johns. If you don't like the way your character gets ***** on certain stages and can't deal with it, then maybe that character isn't for you.

amiright gimpy?

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
Or maybe there are inherent things in this game which are incredibly gay and serve no actual gameplay purpose other than to be as gay and as cheap as possible in a tournament setting, unnecessarily so, and these gay things are worth *****ing about.

And this is coming from someone who doesn't truly think any single move in this game -- shine, Peach's dsmash, or Wobbling -- is gay or unfair enough to be banned. But we as a community could at least choose not to be gay when it comes to stages, while the movelist for characters is what it is.

LuCKy

Smash Master
neutrals are not to be banned...............it is done

top 20 crews!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you got this ryan make it happan and you should raffle off kens spot to one of the 21-15 ranked guys

singles and doubles will **** but iono about crews it takes so long and i have no idea how long 10v10 crew would take but it would **** lol

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I've noticed that if the tournament was going to take place on this date, there would be quite a few people missing (Neal, Arash, Gimpy, Knivez, and probably others who just havent said anything).

So I want people's opinions on moving the tournament ahead one week, making this the first big tournament of 2008. I don't know if people would want to go to 2 big tournaments 2 weeks in a row (the SD tournament), but I would like to get as many people to come to this as I can.

So, yeah. I want to know people's thoughts on a potential date change.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
please don't change

there are always people missing at any tourny, go check UCLA IV.

edit: if you need more people to help out with the tourny, though, i'd be glad to

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
well i think a change would actually be BENIFICIAL to some of us, since some people will be heading up to Washington the week following (if this is done the 5th, WA is on the 12th). So i mean this would be good warm up for the next week.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
Either way

10v10 crews would be fun

me and hugo would be captains

he gets alex i get edrees..

aw yeah ^_^

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Different characters have different stage strengths. Marth is good on neutrals and Peach is good on non neutrals, in my opinion, so to me it gives Marth an unexplainable advantage that all his stages are non bannable but Peaches stages are. To me Yoshi's Story gives Marth the same advantage that Mute City would give a Peach. Why you may ask? Peach is slow on the ground. Her get up from the ledge attacks are pretty bad, and she can't jump off the ledge and come up quickly like most characters. For this reason, she is at a disadvantage when a ledge exists. This is just one reason why stages like Poke floats, Rainbow cruise, brinstar, dk64 are great for her - you don't have to rely on getting up from the ledge. People don't realize how important such a small thing is because they don't play Peach, but things like this plus a huge other list of reasons (if anyone wants it I'll respond again) are why I don't see why neutrals should get special treatment when it comes to banning.

The reason they are nuetrals is because they as even as you could possibly get, and thats why they are on random. But they aren't SO even that they should be protected from the ban rule- they are not fair to such an extreme degree like that.

I'm just curious why anyone would mind so much they you can ban neutrals if they are indeed neutral. It's not like you're getting much of a disadvantage of them being banned, so why be against it? They are neutral stages afterall, so you don't have much of an advantage on them, so no use in stopping them being banned, correct?

Just my two cents, I don't care much either way, I just don't see why anyone should have a strong opinion about it and at the same time say that neutrals are very fair stages. It doesn't make sense to me.

Also, it takes plenty of skill to be good at Poke Floats. You have to know how to avoid all the glitches, you have to position yourself so you can tech your opponents kill moves, and you have to have really good aerial spacing on that stage. It's just a different skillset. I gaurantee you if you practiced on this stage as much as I do (when i play on my cube these levels are on) you'd be using them as much as I did - so it is skill , IMO. Also, I've taken Hugo to so many gay stages, he got so much practice that I take credit for his gay stages wins in big tournaments...hahaha.

MANGO! I'll be in your crew :)

DAHKTERem

Smash Ace
Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns Johns
wow shut the F*CK up edrees. Pick Brinstar on me you b*tch LOL.

LuCKy

Smash Master
when people banned final on me i learned that coniria and green greens are good for fox lol

MaNg0

Smash Hero
When people banned dreamland...

which they didnt ...
or they

can

Brimstar?? mute city??

Top Bottom