• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Ness User now....

Status
Not open for further replies.

neomadgic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
neomagic249
New best Nesses:
(Not in any specific order)

Vicegrip (owning up AiB and local tournies)
NoNessNoProblem (Owning up AiB, GB, and Smash Brawl)
NessFTW (who is this guy? owning up AiB and GB)
Colin (Owning up Ref's Ness tourney)
EB360 (Owning up me and GameFAQs)
Cazcom (Owning up local tournies)
Smash64 (Owning up local tournies)

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Umm people should not have revived this thread... Plus... Online doesn't count...

Button delay affects some people more than others. I personally suck at adjusting to button delay for example, if it's the same for me and my opponent, my opponent can be better at adjusting to it. Therefore some people are better online players than others, but that has nothing to do with SKILL because real skill is tested in tournaments, where they are is no lag and that skill has no meaning.

That's in addition to some characters being more affected by button delay than others. The more you adjust to online play the more you are off your timing in real life. If I know the timing of PK thunder sweetspot at all the right angles offline, and I'm such a master at it that it's reflex and I don't think about it, by using those reflexes online I would only suicide. If someone who sucks at PK thunder and THINKS about it before they use it, they won't use any reflexes and tend to suicide less. An example of why sometimes being better offline can sometimes hurt you online.

Online play punishes you for having fast reflexes and knowing the timing of your moves inside and out.

neomadgic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
neomagic249
Whoooooooops... My bad. Oh, I found out NessFTW = NoNessNoProblem.
This will be my last post on this thread.

Masky

Smash Master
This is just the word on the street around here....but I hear masky is beast with ness.
Who told you that? XD

but I'm not beast yet... that'll have to wait until I place well in a tournament, but florida is too good at smash :/

Uffe

Smash Hero
I'll bet you're pretty good, Masky! I just got done fighting kennypu, a Ness main here on SWF and his Ness is awesome! I said his Ness was a beast. :laugh: So Masky vs kennypu, who will win? jk :laugh:

kennypu

Smash Journeyman
aww Uffe, I'm not that much of a beast :3, just a cute little puppy...that ***** you xD. Those were hella good matches, If I'm a beast, then you're a devil :]

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Santi is a toon link player from Texas... That's all I know...

Uffe

Smash Hero
aww Uffe, I'm not that much of a beast :3, just a cute little puppy...that ***** you xD. Those were hella good matches, If I'm a beast, then you're a devil :]
Possibly an annoying one at that. :laugh: I made some people actually hate my Ness. I got a new guy from the Australia depressed because he wasn't able to beat me, which is alright becuase if you're new to a new game, then you obviously won't win easily if at all. He said my Ness was inhuman. But this was like after Brawl's release in the UK and Australia.

Masky

Smash Master
The Ness/TL matchup is tough for Ness... anyone else agree?

LibertyD

Smash Rookie
Kennypu is pretty **** skippy with hiss Ness. AND he's part of the EWA BEACH team! :D And he's alike 2-3 blocks away from me lol. and Santi is TL monster, who can **** like ANYBODY. Only Dojo and a few select others can say otherwise lol

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
ViceGrip has a pretty sick Ness as well.

EB360's is just made of **** ;[.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Who told you that? XD

but I'm not beast yet... that'll have to wait until I place well in a tournament, but florida is too good at smash :/
Ha, I've been hearing it floating around recently. I think from people you knocked out of the last gigs :laugh: and since i 2nd ness apparently it's worth mentioning more to me or something.

Yeah, florida in general is too beast. I also think beast may be thrown around more than it should be these days.

Doesn't santi also play charizard? not PT, just charizard

Santi

Smash Lord
Ha, I've been hearing it floating around recently. I think from people you knocked out of the last gigs :laugh: and since i 2nd ness apparently it's worth mentioning more to me or something.

Yeah, florida in general is too beast. I also think beast is thrown around more than it should be these days.

Doesn't santi also play charizard? not PT, just charizard
Hehe mhm.
Just Charizard =)

And I've been messing around with ness lately. He's real fun and I've mained him in 64 and early on in melee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom