• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Ness User now....

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoNessNoProblem

Smash Ace
Simna

Ademisk

.Yoshi

EB360

Edrees( Don't know much of him, but i like what i hear.)

Other?

Simple poll, who do you guys believe is the best at this moment heading into the summer.

Ryudragon29

Smash Journeyman
Since saying who's the best is just a popularity contest, I would prefer to fight unknown faces.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
What do people have against these topics? Jeez, its just showing a list of who is currectly the most successful with Ness. It's like saying a list of the rishest people in the world is just a popularity contest.

Anyways, I heard N.OW is pretty good with Ness.

NoNessNoProblem

Smash Ace
What do people have against these topics? Jeez, its just showing a list of who is currectly the most successful with Ness. It's like saying a list of the rishest people in the world is just a popularity contest.

Anyways, I heard N.OW is pretty good with Ness.
I don't listen to it. People are just ignorant because they don't know who these people are and how they play with Ness. N.OW should be added but i didn't know if alot of people would know about him so therefore i just added Other. Looks like N.OW is leading by 1 vote ATM

Ryudragon29

Smash Journeyman
You could've just quoted me instead of generalizing on one person. The fact and the opinions are different, being richer can be easily verified as for who's better, people have differents opinions hence why the thread was created.

If you're calling me ignorant just because I say what I think, then you should ignore it instead of pointlessly flaming. >_>

I People are just ignorant because they don't know who these people are and how they play with Ness.
Then why make this thread?

Cazcom

Smash Apprentice
I would know if I ever played any of these Ness's...

But out of these, I'd guess that Simna * N.OW are probably the top

Nestec

Smash Ace
Grrr, I wish Wi-fi wasn't so laggy so I could play these people...>__<

I use Ness, but I don't know how good I am compared to everyone else.

Sir Spike-a-Lot

Smash Rookie
haha ive only played one ness also...but ness and lucas are the anti...well...ness and lucas. i need to play more

Uffe

Smash Hero
Some how I figured Ademisk would be up there. :D I never fought him, but he seems like he'd be able to whoop me. XD' I'm surprised Simna is still on top!

Eyxi

Smash Rookie
Who cares who the best Ness user is, there's enough good ones as it is.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Who cares who the best Ness user is, there's enough good ones as it is.
I lol'd. Who mains Ness in tournaments?

Me
Simna
Ademisk
Blues
N.OW

2nd's him

Edreeses
Some guy I met

Add like 5 more people to that who nobody has heard about (or I just forgot) and that's everybody lolz.

In other words:

HARDLY ANYBODY PLAYS NESS IN TOURNAMENTS.

Aevin

Smash Journeyman
I main Ness and Lucas in tournaments ... but can't claim to be that good.

Anyway, I personally believe these "best" topics are just ego boosts for those who wish to be at the top. If anyone wants to do video comparisons, now that would be educational.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
There are never any tournaments around where I live... anyway, I dunno who the "best" Ness users are, but those are some good ones.

rel_12

Smash Apprentice
I would have to say NoNessNoProblem, only one I've played from 2v2.

N355

Smash Apprentice
When I still played Brawl I played some non laggy wifi matches with simna and did fairly well against his ness. But now that I have gone back to melee if I tried to play brawl ness it would be pathetic. I played nonessnoproblem on wifi. Here is the match http://youtube.com/watch?v=SV6opPftjVU just wait about 8 seconds for it to clear up. I am the one in red

Aevin

Smash Journeyman
Kind as ever, Ademisk. ;)

Btw ... Will you be attending OMG or any other Oregon tournaments? It'd be cool to play you, but not on Wi-fi. You know, since it doesn't count for anything.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
why not? we both experience the same button delay which is barely noticeable after a while.
Button delay affects some people more than others. I personally suck at adjusting to button delay for example, if it's the same for me and my opponent, my opponent can be better at adjusting to it. Therefore some people are better online players than others, but that has nothing to do with SKILL because real skill is tested in tournaments, where they are is no lag and that skill has no meaning.

That's in addition to some characters being more affected by button delay than others. The more you adjust to online play the more you are off your timing in real life. If I know the timing of PK thunder sweetspot at all the right angles offline, and I'm such a master at it that it's reflex and I don't think about it, by using those reflexes online I would only suicide. If someone who sucks at PK thunder and THINKS about it before they use it, they won't use any reflexes and tend to suicide less. An example of why sometimes being better offline can sometimes hurt you online.

Online play punishes you for having fast reflexes and knowing the timing of your moves inside and out.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Button delay affects some people more than others. I personally suck at adjusting to button delay for example, if it's the same for me and my opponent, my opponent can be better at adjusting to it. Therefore some people are better online players than others, but that has nothing to do with SKILL because real skill is tested in tournaments, where they are is no lag and that skill has no meaning.

That's in addition to some characters being more affected by button delay than others. The more you adjust to online play the more you are off your timing in real life. If I know the timing of PK thunder sweetspot at all the right angles offline, and I'm such a master at it that it's reflex and I don't think about it, by using those reflexes online I would only suicide. If someone who sucks at PK thunder and THINKS about it before they use it, they won't use any reflexes and tend to suicide less. An example of why sometimes being better offline can sometimes hurt you online.

Online play punishes you for having fast reflexes and knowing the timing of your moves inside and out.
Exactly right we test our skills in brawl. Being able to adjust to button delay is not really part of brawl. I too suck at adjusting. I know some people who are great online. But I'm yet to face them in person.

I must join a tourney soon.

The best Ness user would have the best tourney record.

Psymon

Smash Sweetheart
N.OW =D. Would have said yoshi before N.OW put that link up, very nice playing man (Y). Psy.

Veng

Smash Ace
Kirkland washington? wewet you live next to me kind of ademisk ( olympia ) going to Eggz tourney btw?

And I dont expierence lag at all online ( i have 20MPBS connection 40k up 20k down ) I dont think I do anyways, if I do its not hard for me to adjust. Because I dont even notice it, now that you say that o.o

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
And Wi-fi never counts, even if there's *snicker* no lag.
I had a snickers bar yesterday. It was quite tasty.

Also: lag can really screw up people. Did you know that melee lags on some tvs? It doesn't affect some people a lot, but when you play a reactive playstyle like mine well you're kinda screwed lolz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom