• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Movie Ever Created?

Puddin

Smash Lord
I think you know where you can stick your hypocritical pomposity, considering the best movie you have ever seen was a well-written and clever comedy.
And great laughs were had by all.

I don't like seeing T-shirts with Heath Ledgers painted face on them.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Attention, anyone who said that The Dark Knight is among the best movies in history:

Please form a tidy single-file line in front of me so that I can, one at a time, hit each of you in the head with a rolled-up newspaper and curtly proclaim "No." in a condescending manner as if I'm disciplining a dog who just urinated on a four-thousand-dollar Oriental rug. That movie was good, but it is nowhere near worthy of a spot in the everlasting annals of space and time.

WHY SO SERIOUS!?!?!?

Sorry, but you just set yourself up for that one. :p I agree though, but I would say it's up there for 08.

QDVS

BRoomer
BRoomer
I just saw Slumdog Millionaire, and currently it's my favorite film ever!!!

The cinematography, the characters, the story, the soundtrack, everything was just perfect!!!

I recommend you all to see it before it leaves theatres!!!

It is truly a masterpiece!!!

:colorful:

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Attention, anyone who said that The Dark Knight is among the best movies in history:

Please form a tidy single-file line in front of me so that I can, one at a time, hit each of you in the head with a rolled-up newspaper and curtly proclaim "No." in a condescending manner as if I'm disciplining a dog who just urinated on a four-thousand-dollar Oriental rug. That movie was good, but it is nowhere near worthy of a spot in the everlasting annals of space and time.

Now, to be on topic. My favorite movie is Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi, but the award for best movie I've ever seen goes to Pulp Fiction.
I COMPLETELY forgot that your opinions = universal truth. My bad.

Snowstalker

Smash Ace
The Dark Knight was great, but I don't think it's among the best films ever.

Citizen Kane, The Godfather, Casablanca, Star Wars V: The Empire Strikes Back.

Blackadder

Smash Master
Dark Knight fanboys bug me. I'm pretty over hearing about how dark it is. I've read several people on the internet say it's one of the darkest films ever.

Maybe it's my own morbid taste kicking in, but it's not THAT edgy. Of course, these comments are from the same uber-fanboys that posted death threats to that dude who gave the film a negative review on RT, so I try not to think of them too much.

S'good film though, no doubt.

Viox

Smash Apprentice
Dark Knight fanboys bug me. I'm pretty over hearing about how dark it is. I've read several people on the internet say it's one of the darkest films ever.

Maybe it's my own morbid taste kicking in, but it's not THAT edgy. Of course, these comments are from the same uber-fanboys that posted death threats to that dude who gave the film a negative review on RT, so I try not to think of them too much.

S'good film though, no doubt.
Well said, totally agree with ya!

As for my favourite movie.. would have to be the original Jaws.

Puddin

Smash Lord
Also, it's blisteringly stupid that this thread even exists
Why? Because I can say things like "My Youtube short is the best movie ever made?" The title is obviously debatable to a point of never ending fanboism. Something more along the lines of "Your favorite feature length film?" would have been more appropriate, because that's what it always becomes.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
More movies I liked:

Disney's Hunchback of Notre Dame
The Godfather
A Christmas Carol
Muppet's Treasure Island

D20

Smash Lord
You can't really call any one movie the greatest ever. I think there are maybe 25-30 movies that are clearly a cut above the rest. These would include films like:

Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back
Citizen Kane
It's a Wonderful Life
The Maltese Falcon
The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
High Noon
The Godfather

Movies like The Dark Knight and Se7en, while good, have not yet stood the test of time. You just couldn't put them in the same league as the true classics.

Kaddy

Smash Journeyman
Citizen Kane has the best qualification for greatest movie ever, and I think that it might just be.

My favourite movies are probably City Lights, Being There, Dr. Strangelove, and 2001: A Space Odyssey.

I do love me some Army of Darkness, though.

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
Citizen Kane has the best qualification for greatest movie ever, and I think that it might just be.

My favourite movies are probably City Lights, Being There, Dr. Strangelove, and 2001: A Space Odyssey.

I do love me some Army of Darkness, though.
All very good movies. I particularly love Citizen Kane and Doctor Strangelove. Army of Darkness was certainly a good movie, but it just doens't fit in with the rest.

D

Deleted member

Princess Mononoke was extremely well done. I loved Remember the Titans, and The Red Balloon. Full Metal Jacket is a great war movie but it does fall short in places. On my personal list would be The Goonies since me and my friends went to see it in theaters. But the best ever? That'd be The Godfather.

Blackadder

Smash Master
Okay, so I obtained Blade Runner via... questionable... means. Was it worth it?

I... dunno. I started watching the film at, 10, 11 maybe? I got up Deckard ****** making love to Rachael, then got too sleepy and turned off.

I went to bed questioning what I saw. The streets were distractingly grim and cluttered, Deckard seemed too dull and I really didn't get what was happeneing.

I woke up at 5 AM. Don't ask why, I just did. So I figure I may as well finish off the movie. I played it from the **** love scene. I found myself enjoying the film MUCH more now, for some reason. The streets were still cluttered and grim, but I realised that only draws you in. You have to focus on what's important, ignoring the background noise, which is what'd atually BE like in that world. Deckard wasn't dull, he was confused and ambiguous. For some reason I now grasped what was going on more. Can't explain that one, though.

I'm thinking I'll need to re-watch the film to really figure out if I liked it or not. ... Also, what was with the Dove flying into a blue sky... then the scene changes right back to the dark noir feel. What.

Also, yes, '92 Director's cut version.

ExCeL 52

Smash Lord
Whoa.. This is still Alive? Im about to go through and start a poll....:D
My vote is still on Shawshank Redemption

Blackadder

Smash Master
Pro-tip: Batty is NOT a villain.
Oh, I got that he was more of an anti-villain than anything. The dove just seems so jarring. It looked amazingly awkward to me. Then again, likely that that's the point, I guess.

Normally I don't try to take such an 'inner workings' view of a film the very first time I watch it. I've reminded myself why. Rrrreasearch time!

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
I believe I forgot to mention Blood Diamond and Gladiator.

I also like Tsotsi, an international film that people should check out.

I have a soft spot for moulin rouge...

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Epic bump.

I don't think the best movie ever created can be identified. No movie is loved by almost everyone. But one of my favorites that is often overlooked is Robocop.

Overrated movies are not the best.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Yeah Gladiator. Still it's all based on opinions, since art is always appreciated differently.

I say Catwoman.

Top Bottom