• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best MK on the boards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckm

Smash Journeyman
Just curious... what player (that actually posts here) has the best MK? If thats not really known, maybe top 3?

R1ngo

Smash Journeyman
from vids posted on the forums... ..... ..... i'd say Tru= , R1ngo, and possibly Ice9, not many other people have even shown us what they do

LessThanThree

Smash Journeyman
well r1ngo said it was r1ngo, so... can i say me? lol. r1ngo's vids are pretty good, and what i've seen on the boards, he's prolly best. I don't have vids yet, but i'd say i'm about his equal, i can **** an olimar though... and most vids i see of him are against that one olimar player. But yea, r1ngo is pretty good. hey, r1ngo, what's ur r1ngo rating? lol

cultofrubik

Smash Journeyman
Ehh, lets hang on tight for some tournament results. I don't want to be all rude and say I doubt any of you are that good. Tourney results much more important. :p

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Forte > Tru > Ice9 > R1ngo is the order of epicness judging by the vids alone. Forte's the best mentioned so far, that's no question.

turbogilman

Smash Journeyman
^forte is the best.

haven't seen tru play or read anything, but i've seen forte play and win w/ him at tournaments.

i would say forte is the best

Kenrawr

Smash Master
Forte > Tru > Ice9 > R1ngo is the order of epicness judging by the vids alone. Forte's the best mentioned so far, that's no question.
There are so many missing between Forte and the others >_>

I don't know how Tru plays/places though so I'm omitting him ^^

R1ngo

Smash Journeyman
of course there are people missing, this isn't a best in the US thing, it's jst on the boards, i think forte is amazing but i've never seen him post on the boards, unless he goes by another name, this thread is full of fail

Kenrawr

Smash Master
All your comments seem a little defensive there R1ngo >_>

Didn't mean to be offending.

Watched Tru=, he looks pretty solid o.0;;

Samus-T

Smash Lord
I guess you guys havent seen the 2 so cal meta knights Ripn :D and truegamer there pretty good

R1ngo

Smash Journeyman
i'm not trying to be defensive, this thread is a good idea but i was hesitant about mentioning myself, but only 3 ppl have notable vid threads, i would really like to know if forte posts b/c i would love to ask him questions but he's not on the boards as far as i know, i am seeing people with less than 10 posts saying forte, i am thinking that most people do'nt put in the time to search and watch the vids to make a good opinion, i don't know maybe i'm just tired still, i had a long night lol

Samus-T

Smash Lord
All i see from tru= is a combo vid :-/ has he even placed in a tourny???
i think whoever places well in the UCLA tourny tomoro will be deciding
and if Gimpy will ever upload the vids from the tri weekly we went to you will see my team mate in action :D

Ch0zen0ne

Smash Lord
I mean.. unless you're a GOD at smash... how good can you possibly be R1ngo.. i mean...

you live in South Dakota.

Your metagame must be garbage.

and Forte beats Azen/Chillin on a regular basis... i'd say he's pretty **** good.

Kenrawr

Smash Master
Can't always judge on just videos ^^
Judging by their competition is a little more accurate :3

Forte's the most casual competitive gamer T_T; he posts, just not much :3

Edit: Ch0zen beat me to the punch T_T

R1ngo

Smash Journeyman
I mean.. unless you're a GOD at smash... how good can you possibly be R1ngo.. i mean...

you live in South Dakota.

Your metagame must be garbage.

and Forte beats Azen/Chillin on a regular basis... i'd say he's pretty **** good.
Ya know, your right, there can't possibly be anyone good at video games in south dakota, i had forgotten we are all toothless hicks and can barely read,

i had never said forte was bad, i personally think he's amazing, i just have never seen him post on the boards. i know i'm not the best on the forums and won't claim to be

Ch0zen0ne

Smash Lord
I'm not saying that you're ALL toothless hicks...

But in area's with a larger population/density of smashers it helps stimulate the community, and brings new and different aspects of the game and play styles that there normally wouldn't be in a smaller area like SouthDakota.. for example an ROB in your area might still be ****** w/ SS-->Dsmash and in an area like Md/Va or NJ/NY the players are already going to have figured out a way to get around such a silly tactic.

Larger areas also help players that live among them to become exposed to different play styles [almost like playing out-of-staters] on a regular basis.

No jones son.

shrinkray21

Smash Ace
I'm not saying that you're ALL toothless hicks...

But in area's with a larger population/density of smashers it helps stimulate the community, and brings new and different aspects of the game and play styles that there normally wouldn't be in a smaller area like SouthDakota.. for example an ROB in your area might still be ****** w/ SS-->Dsmash and in an area like Md/Va or NJ/NY the players are already going to have figured out a way to get around such a silly tactic.

Larger areas also help players that live among them to become exposed to different play styles [almost like playing out-of-staters] on a regular basis.

No jones son.
that's why we actually go other places and play - b/c you are right - you need good competition to improve. but this IS brawl - the pro gap is much much much smaller.

p.s. - the top 3 are tru=, forte, and gimpy - behind that I would put 14him...but he's mostly online.

Ice9

Smash Apprentice
Take me off all the lists, My MK is garbage, I can't even 2 stock Valor's Snake and Tru='s MK makes me look ********. So yea.

kirbstir

Smash Lord
I'd have to give it to forte

He also posts on the boards as "forute" but only in tournament threads.

Probably a good idea, since there are a bunch of scrubs on SWF in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom