• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

best method for avoid falco lasers?

Mauro89

Smash Rookie
these methods are good also for avoid peach,dr mario,etc. items? thanks ^^

Mauro89

Smash Rookie
what is zoning? best strategies for hit dr mario,mario and luigi items?

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Zoning is a term used in fighting games, it means to slowly corner your opponent while he's trying to throw out projectiles but keeping yourself spaced in case he decides to come in. You can jab, fair, bair or tilt the pills when they come at you.

n0ne

Smash Ace
Yup what spider sense and Bl@ckchris said. Just remember if your trying to bair, or reverse uair... it just takes ONE laser to be automatically turned around, its pretty dumb but thats the way it is, youll have to turn around again and start all over again or change tactics.

Well-timed front B works well also because it ignores lasers if u time it right, (just like raptor boost with Falcon) just remember its pretty easy to get punished if u miss so keep that in mind.

Using platforms, ledges, full hop to late double jumps (+ wavelanding), powershielding is the best overall if u master it, or getting used to back rolls, because ganons is i think one of the fastest if not the fastest back rolls.

Renth

Smash Hero
Stand there and take them like a man. then when he's confused to why you are letting him hit you that high randomly warlock punch.

It'll work I SWEAR

Siel

Smash Cadet
Eh you can catch Peach's turnips and hit Dr. Mario's pills. But I suppose you could if you wanted, but I think hitting Dr. Mario's pills are great for zoning.
???
You can hit Docs' pills?
What the hell...

Pawls to the Wall

Smash Journeyman
I disagree with Fair being a good choice against pills. The hitbox of the Bair hangs behind Ganon long enough to not only hit the pill, but also to hit doc when he runs into it. All you do is Full hop, Bair, Fast fall, and the hitbox will create a wall that the pills can't get through.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Yeah bair is definitely the best option due to the disjointed fist and the duration of its hitbox, but sometimes you don't have the time or proper positioning to turn around. It's also not impossible to nullify a pill and hit your opponent with fair. Retreating fair also works when the pill is too close for you to fully space a ftilt.

Siel

Smash Cadet
Ahh, sorry didn't know that. But , thats awesome. I dont get to play many Docs

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
It doesn't matter how well you can time your jab or pivot jab. A good Doc is going to use his pills wisely and try his best to put you into an awkward position, so you will have to at least shield if not take a hit. The jab is very limited because of the specifics of its position. The bottom line is, pills aren't always at perfect jab-height; which is why aerials are the overall best answer. Bair works best, but tilts and fair also work well. You should try to learn all of Ganon's hitboxes so you know how to nullify projectiles like pills in almost any situation.

dark oasis

Smash Rookie
I suppose I just haven't played any really good Dr. Mario's yet. I agree, the jab is not the best way, I was just saying that you could use the jab.. but again, perhaps I haven't put it to the test yet.

TobiasTruth

Smash Rookie
I didn't go through all the replies. But wavedashing out of the shield is a super good way to get out of range of falco's dairs and nairs if u space it right! Also if your getting shield pressured never do anything out of shield till the falco uses a reflector. However that wouldn't work against a falco the grabs outa sheild.

Hope this helps

G

Top Bottom