• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

best kirby game of his series?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingDiDiDiddy

Smash Apprentice
Hey I have 900 Wii points and I am looking for the best Kirby game availible on the virtual console so i can kind of get to know the characters in the series a little bit more. What are your guys opinions on what i should get?

Krell

Smash Journeyman
Not sure if it's on VC yet, but hands down it would be Kirby Superstar. One of the greatest games ever made.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Actually, Kirby Superstar is coming out on the DS soon (so I hear). As for VC, I don't know (I don't even have a Wii yet).

(Kirby Superstar is awesome)

Prinkachu

Smash Cadet
Kirby Super Star is by far the best Kirby game, if it is in the VC, download it, it doesn't have much different abilitys, but each ability has a lot of different attacks, current Kirby games have only between 1 and 3 attacks, and you can also create a companion by "sacrificing" the ability you have, a second player can control him.

Zek

Smash Ace
Kirby Super Star is the best game but it isn't on the VC yet. Go for Kirby's Adventure instead, it's the second best and it has both Meta Knight and Dedede.

ndm508

Smash Journeyman
Super Star is the precursor to all things Smash. It is, without question, the single greatest Kirby game, and one of the best games ever made for the SNES. Almost all the other Kirby games play nearly identical, and if you notice some of Kirby's later outtings on the GBA and DS, they're kinda reminisient of the play style. But so far, no Kirby game before or after has even come close to matching Superstar.

So if its not on VC, you should probably wait it out. They took a character and level from that game and put it into Brawl (Meta and Halberd) for a reason.

JoJoRukus

Smash Apprentice
Kirby's Adventure, because Superstar isn't out yet. However, I must say that both are great, and even if Superstar was available on VC, you should get more points and make sure you get both. Seriously, both have Dedede, Meta Knight, and both are enjoyably long.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
Kirby Superstar isn't on the VC yet, so I recommend Kirby's Adventure. And DON't get Kirby's Dream Course!

Myztek

Smash Ace
Kirby Superstar for sure.

The new Kirby games are garbage. Some powers are so useless compared to others. In Superstar, every power had at least two or three unique moves. And they all looked neat.

Kirby's Dreamland 3 for the SNES is also a good one. The art style is cool, and it's also co-op.

Drone 147

Smash Rookie
Hands down, no question, Super Star.

Not only is it one of, if not the greatest game for the SNES, but you can play it 2 player in just about any mode.

I can't tell you how many times i've replayed it on my SNES.

However, its not on VC, but it should be coming out soon on the DS so... save your money?

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
Kirby Superstar. Then the Amazing Mirror.

I am fairly confident that SSE is the successor to all of the Superstar games.

WeeklyJumpman

Smash Journeyman
Kirby Super Star is the best game but it isn't on the VC yet. Go for Kirby's Adventure instead, it's the second best and it has both Meta Knight and Dedede.
Yeah, I bought that one on Virtual Console and it's very good.
Cool final fight(s). Beautiful graphics for the NES. Go buy it. Best Kirby for VC yet.

Oh, and Kirby Superstar is being remade for DS, and I'll certainly be buying one.
And he's getting a Wii game as well this year. Kirby gets around.:):laugh:

Super Drybones

Smash Ace
Kirby Superstar is my third favorite game(behind Super Mario World and A link to the past) get it at all costs

espio87

Smash Ace
Actually, Kirby Superstar is coming out on the DS soon (so I hear). As for VC, I don't know (I don't even have a Wii yet).

(Kirby Superstar is awesome)
yes! one of the best games of the snes is being remade!:)
lets just hope they add abilities from the newest kirby games, like the Smash ability! (I really missed it in Squeak Squad:()

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
do NOT listen to him!!! :urg:

C'mon, his reaction after getting it would be hilarious...

ANYWAY,

Kirby's Dreamland 2 is still my favorite game...since it was the first Kirby game I owned. Still like those very few powers and the cute lil' animals the best...

...Wish they would have continued the Dreamland series...Like it better than the "Adventures"-like games...

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
wow after just tryin to get it myself a bunch of sites are saying its protected by ESA...dont know what that is...but it seems to be new....I hope it didnt start because Nintendo started VC

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
wow after just tryin to get it myself a bunch of sites are saying its protected by ESA...dont know what that is...but it seems to be new....I hope it didnt start because Nintendo started VC
How stupid are you? ROMs have been illegal for a long long time. Downloading a ROM is illegal.

Kirby Superstar is the best Kirby game but it's not on the Virtual Console. Go with Kirby's Adventure. Definitely buy Kirby Superstar remake on DS if you like Smash Bros. (which I assume you do considering this is SmashBoards). Super Smash Bros, and especially the subspace emissary portion, is an evolution of Kirby Superstar.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
I think Kirby's Avalanche is a fun little puzzle title, it's based on Puyo Pop, it's kinda like wonky Tetris, but with Kirby characters :D The only thing you REALLY have to put up with is Kirby's annoying rude attitude XD

But yeah, when Kirby's Super Star gets to the VC, get that.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm not sure, but when it comes out, get Kirby 64.

PokemonLegacy

Smash Apprentice
Isnt Kirby Superstar coming out on Wii, but with all current copy abilities? Look it up on YouTube.

espio87

Smash Ace
Isnt Kirby Superstar coming out on Wii, but with all current copy abilities? Look it up on YouTube.
no, it's a new Kirby game, based primarly on Superstar and its partner system giving Kirby the ability to create up to three partners. there's not much info about the game though. the release date has yet to be announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom