• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

best internet security?

Hax

Smash Champion
topic

[no discussion of downloading software illegally --Kirby King]

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
the almighty windows firewall! great for everything including lan parties and networking!!! (i kid)

i personally use avg fee. just got brought up using it, and the general consensus on the internet that is pretty decent.

Reaver197

Smash Lord
If you have Windows, Microsoft Security Essentials is actually a really good, free, and lightweight anti-malware program.

As for actual internet security, try using Chrome if you aren't already, as it's split-processes system makes it pretty secure. Also, use some sort of Flash-blocking add-on (or delete the plug-in completely) if you really want to be extra secure. Flash is probably the #1 security risk to your browser.

Also, this website is great for uploading files to and scanning for viruses without putting your personal computer at too much of a risk.

http://www.virustotal.com/

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
The best internet security that I would recommend for people on Windows would have to be a combination of things. It would include: Firefox with the two addons "AdBlock Plus" and "NoScript." These two both block ads and advertising/malicious scripts that can infect your computer. They are easy to learn and use and well worth it in the long run. Your browser should be your first line of defense.

In case anything gets past NoScript, you should get a combination of free software programs that can protect your computer. I would recommend Spybot Search and Destroy, Ad-Aware, MalwareBytes, CCleaner, and Avira Anti-Vir. This collection helps scan your computer for malicious files and programs and keep it uncluttered by removing unneeded (and possibly infected) files.

Hope I helped anyone who needed it. :)

Sraigux

Smash Journeyman
I just use the basic windows firewall/microsoft security essentials. They've kept me safe numerous times already

Top Bottom