• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

best gimping character

Umby

Smash Master

two questions, whats IMO?
whats the difference between gimping and edgeguarding?
IMO = In My Opinion

Edgeguarding: Preventing someone from coming back to the stage (or getting up off the ledge).

Gimping: Usually low percentage kills from a string of attacks (or an attack) used offstage.

Edgeguarding Example: Game & Watch protecting the ledge with dtilt.

Gimping Example: Fox shine spiking someone below the ledge.

Niiro

Smash Ace
Metaknight has a cape too lol
and of course everybody thinks their own character deserves a mention -__-

Niiro

Smash Ace
Of course that is sarcasm. Mario cape turns around the opposion character, gives him/her damage and does not give back the ability to up-b

c0nd0r

Smash Apprentice
???

But he does have
~Range
~Little lag
~Shuttle loop
~Nair
It blocked out dumb a ss, Which You still are:mad:!

I was never arguing that MKs a bad edgegaurder, just that he DOESN't WOP bair...

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
*Didn't read pages 2-3*
Did anyone say Sheik? O__o
Her aerials are good for gimping (Nair, Bair, Fair) and she has her chain to recover or her (not-so-great) UpB.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
Listen. Jigglypuff is the best for edge guarding. Check the Jigglypuff boards and look at the meta game. WoP edge guarding ***** hard, and gimps every character. Caraacters with poor recoverys dont stand a chance off stage if jigglypuff is playing in the match.

chandy

Smash Journeyman
Nobody has mentioned C.Falcon here. I know Falcon is a poor character but his gimping is very gd + his recovery allows him to go pretty far away from the edge compared to wat it did in melee. I suppose Jiggz is decent too at edgeguarding. *sighs* MK has to be the best at everything. I no it's true but it's annoying how he does it. Also I gotta say that Peach, Sonic and Mario r gd at edgeguarding but Falcon is the best(apart from MK *sigh*)

silver0p

Smash Journeyman
i think flaco is pretty good first because well i pretty sure he has the highest single jump letting you get to realy high places with a normal jump and his spike is pretty good as well expecaly with his grab chain and then spike off the edge. and he has a fast back kick so you can easly jump off kick some one under the stage and then jump back to the stage while they do there up b and then fall cuz there under the stage. oh and his shinner is good for keeping peeps at bay

my choice falco :p

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
if you are like me and think MK is a cheap *******... then jigglypuff is fun :]

C.S. Dinah

Smash Champion
Its obviously Meta Knight! couple of nadoes, few fairs, shuttle loop to top it off, and they'er gone.
I called Lucas the gimpinator mainly becase of his PK thunder seems pretty cheap to me.

... oh and Sonic's spring too.

Top Bottom