• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Controller to play brawl with.

FrancisM2DaIzH

Smash Cadet
I Just got brawl and im currently using the stick sideways, can some one tell me what the best controller is to play brawl? Ive heard the wavebird is good, and how about the wii classic cntrlr?

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
There is no real "best controller", but certain ones give more benefits. The list goes as follows.

Original Gamecube controller
Classic
WiiMote & Chuck
Wiimote Sideways

Vecayse

Smash Apprentice
Isn't the "best" controller based on preferences. Some people find different controllers better than others. I play with Original GC controller, that's just the controller I find most comfortable while my friend hates it and plays with a Classic Controller. I'd say those two would be best for me because the both have C sticks, although I don't like the Classic Controller much.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Isn't the "best" controller based on preferences. Some people find different controllers better than others. I play with Original GC controller, that's just the controller I find most comfortable while my friend hates it and plays with a Classic Controller. I'd say those two would be best for me because the both have C sticks, although I don't like the Classic Controller much.
Well, yeah. That's just common sense, use your favorite controller.

Classic Gamecube is always the most preferred.

ShinoBee

Smash Apprentice
Wii zapper is the way to go.

I use the Gamecube controller. I also know how to use wiichuck and wiimote in case anything happens. I still need to try using the classic controller.

Third party controllers are terrible in general. Don't use those mofos.

DON'T use wavebirds EVER. I had to borrow one and the idiot rigged it. To this day, I refuse to use wavebird with Smash.

†Slader7†

Smash Ace
GC controller is recommended
The Wii-Nunchuk combination is acceptable along with the Classic controller
The sideways wiimote is hard to master

I agree with Shino, Third party controllers are really TERRIBLE
they are cheap for a reason (they suk)

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
They is lying.
Gamecube controler is best :)
But yeah it's your opinion, Wiichuck has better SDI, Gamecube is for the Gamcecube players and the Classic controler is good for people who play old SNES games I guess...?

King D

Smash Rookie
If you've played melee, then stick with the GameCube controller. The controls are nearly identical. Also, gc controller is just simpler to use; only one button at a time + control stick.

pacmansays

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, like I use the wiimote and 'chuck as its a lot more comfortable for me as I'm accostomed to it (never had a gamecube, had a N64, skipped one generation)

As mentioned some things have advantages over others, like I can't C-stick which limits me from learning certain advanced techniques but I am able to make up that with others I know...

Prince17

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
Phaz#755
NNID
Legendlar
3DS FC
3840-7049-1098
id say gamecube. but thats prob for most because most people with brawl have played melee and its already easy to learn it with it cuz you already no how to play

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Gamecube is best because I use it. :laugh: No, if you have a favorite controller, why not use it?
Unless its the WiiMote alone...

Tysp

Smash Rookie
I'm guessing the reason you made this thread is to find the "best" controller but there really isn't one. Most people stick with the ole Gamecube just 'cause it's what they're use to from melee, but if you're new to Smash Bros it really doesn't matter. Gamecube has c stick but so does the classic controller and you can change the wiimote+nunchuck's d pad to work as a c stick too. Only the wiimote alone comes up short, but one of my rl friends somehow still got good with it. I use the wiimote+chuck and I love it, but it really is just up to your preferences. Most find the transition to another controller pointless but if you're fresh you have the benefit of choosing one you like.

POKE40

Smash Lord
GC Controller is the "most beneficial controller"

GC Controller has more direct input connection to the system than the wireless controllers.
GC Controller has also the C-stick.
C-sticks contains great use such as: SDI, Dash-Cancel (snake dashing for example).

Too bad Nintendo isn't making anymore GC Controllers...
So keep GREAT care of your GC controller.

And the more, the better!
:(

UberMario

Smash Master
GC Controller hands down.

If you use it, that's one less step to learning how to play Melee (or the original if it'd come out on the VC already :mad:)

JUDGE

Smash Lord
me too
i play with the original GC controller

but you may use the wii mote or the classic controller

just take the controller which is most comfortable for you^^

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Hey guys, thanks for saying the exact same thing.

Tacel

Smash Lord
Gamecube Controller, but a Wavebird. If you use a Wavebird, you don't have to worry about cords. They might not sell much anymore...?

j0s3ph

Smash Apprentice
From what I hear GC controller is best. I use classic controller just cause I'm too cheap to get a GC controller though. But use whatever you feel best with. I was at a tourney where a guy was playing with a guitar hero guitar!

I agree with all of you, GC controller is the best. Sadly, I had to get the Classic Controller because of shop shortages. Classic Controller is still satisfactory, yet I found more conveniences in the GC, much more... choice!

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
The Wii Wheel is best obviously.

Actually, it's not bad. Makes it a bit easier to do stuff. I personally use the Wii remote and Nunchuck, and it works for me.

wiimote+nun chuck is my fave, the c-stick issue is easly resolved by changing the + pad to quick smash, c is grab, and z is dodge. its really easy, only downside is the hard to do side taunts, but who cares
I personally just set ^ and V on the D-pad to smashes, keep side ones for grabbing/Z-airs, and take tap jump off.

Really, it's just whatever you prefer. Customizing things helps.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
go with Gamecube if youre an experience player, but the Wiimote if your a novice. Nunchuck was always hard for me, so i dont use it

nicekid76

Smash Apprentice
I know the GC controller's the best but I kinda got used to the wii mote-nun so in my eyes the wii mote and nun is very good

PolarBear

Smash Journeyman
Right now I'm using GC, but I actually find the Classic to be the most comfortable. It's very light, the c-stick is bigger, and the A and B buttons feel much more solid. More people should give it a try.

Vecayse

Smash Apprentice
From what I hear GC controller is best. I use classic controller just cause I'm too cheap to get a GC controller though. But use whatever you feel best with. I was at a tourney where a guy was playing with a guitar hero guitar!
A guitar hero guitar? wth that's just funky. I did try wiimote and nunchuck once but didnt like it, so I had to buy some third party chunky GC controller. Eventually I got an original one it just feels so comfortable.

Top Bottom