• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best brawl character.

pyrosmash

Smash Rookie
Hey.
Im new to smashforums, and would like to know who you think the best brawl character is.?
This also includes: finisher, attacks, blocks ect...
So far ive been playing as snake a bit, and find he is pretty good, with a pretty cool finisher.
Post your comments, and it will be great to know what all you think.
thanks.

Leo D. Wyld

Smash Rookie
Keep in mind everyone, nine times out of ten, "best" is subjective. These are just opinions. (Just my attempt to divert a war, as futile as that attempt is.)

popsofctown

Smash Champion
Master Hand is the best character, because that's what you use to place your chip down, and how you control your brawl character. Without Master Hand you cannot input anything, so he is the best character.

This ends all discussion and there doesn't have to be a Snake MK war?

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Capitan Falcon.
MK

Talazala

Smash Journeyman
Take it with a F***in tank of salt when someone says Captain Falcon is the best.
I'm telling you, its Jiggly :laugh:

stratele

Smash Apprentice
there isn't one.

Each charater has its own strenghs and weaknesses. More importantly, different people play better with different characters.

But more to the point. Toon link is the best :laugh:

Masterplum

Smash Apprentice
by "finisher" are you referring to snakes final smash?? If we're going by that I'd say.....umm..idk maybe sonic or bowser. And those characters are pretty good besides final smashes as well.

Talazala

Smash Journeyman
Oh noos. Yozhi ith teh best bi farz.

But really, it's just a personal preference for what field you want to focus in. Airgame? Lucario and Yoshi are decent in this field. Comboing? Uh, itsa Brawl. Powerhouses are Bowser, D3, Ganondorf, but snake is by far the best of the powerhouses with his overpowered tilts. Spam?.... Don't consider this.

znintendotaku

Smash Journeyman
Oh No!!! Pleez Lock This !!! There Coming!!! All The Mk And Snake Fans!!! Aaaaaaagggghhhh!!!!!

Frate

Smash Journeyman
It's a tie between Snake and Ganondorf.
Ganondorf is faster and has disjointed hitboxes, while Snake has some real strong attacks and has five jumps (sadly a bad upb recovery)

TomTom

Smash Cadet
I've just arrived.

In all seriousness though, it depends how you define what makes a character the 'best'. If you're purely looking at the overall performance of the character, primarily reflected in tournament results, then Snake and Meta Knight have come out on top.

However, I don't feel that's the most important factor. I've recently been experimenting with two new characters, R.O.B. and Olimar. These quirky characters have play styles that I find intriguing and, above all, fun to play with. With such complex games, moreover, I believe they have much more potential for improvement in the future (both on a personal and global scale) than, say, Captain Falcon. :laugh:

I hope I've helped.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
seriously pal, play as either c.falcon or jigglypuff they are the god tiers in this game jigglypuffs rest, and falcon punch are the best moves in the game, SPAM THEM, don't listen to all these low tier character fanboys like Snake and Meta Knight, there completely useless, no priority and no KO power.

znintendotaku

Smash Journeyman
seriously pal, play as either c.falcon or jigglypuff they are the god tiers in this game jigglypuffs rest, and falcon punch are the best moves in the game, SPAM THEM, don't listen to all these low tier character fanboys like Snake and Meta Knight, there completely useless, no priority and no KO power.
Please Please tell me your joking...

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
Best 5:

Captain Falcon(Falcon Punch)
JigglyPuff(Rest)
Ganondorf(Warlock Punch)
Yoshi(Amazing Jump)
Link(A Sword)

Worst 5:

MK(Tons of lag)
Snake(His tilts are near useless)
DDD(Terrible Grab Game)
Falco(Worst Progectile)
G&W(Worst Aerial Game)

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Best 5:

JigglyPuff(Rest)
Ganondorf(Warlock Punch)
Yoshi(Amazing Jump)
Link(A Sword)

Worst 5:

MK(Tons of lag)
DDD(Terrible Grab Game)
Falco(Worst Progectile)
G&W(Worst Aerial Game)
Yoshi does have a good jump?
And Falcos projectiles aren't the best? =P

pyrosmash

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone,
Ive read your ideas and thoughts and have come to realise there is no best player, it all comes down to how you play.
So i'll ask this.
Who is your favourite brawl character? and why?

kr3wman

Smash Master
Hey everyone,
Ive read your ideas and thoughts and have come to realise there is no best player, it all comes down to how you play.
So i'll ask this.
Who is your favourite brawl character? and why?
There's already a thread for that, I'm afraid.

Talazala

Smash Journeyman
Best 5:

JigglyPuff(Rest)
Ganondorf(Warlock Punch)
Yoshi(Amazing Jump)
Link(A Sword)

Worst 5:

MK(Tons of lag)
DDD(Terrible Grab Game)
Falco(Worst Progectile)
G&W(Worst Aerial Game)
I take this offensively. You. B@sterd. Yoshi's recovery is by far one of the best IN THE GAME due to his midair horizontal movement being the best in the game. Once again. You phewl.

[flame]

smashbot226

Smash Master
I take this offensively. You. B@sterd. Yoshi's recovery is by far one of the best IN THE GAME due to his midair horizontal movement being the best in the game. Once again. You phewl.

[flame]

It's only cuz ur a Yoshi main.

So, mah mayns:

DK- Seriously underestimated. Actually pretty fast, very strong, deceiving hitboxes, awesome horizontal recovery, and plenty of good spikes. He's pretty poor on range, though, even with the improvement on Giant Punch and Fsmash.

Diddy- A formidable foe with his ridiculous set-up game, Banana Tricks, and great speed. His recovery's not half bad either. His faults are a sh*tty projectile and low K.O. power/moves.

ZSS- FAST, FAST, AND FAST. Did I mention she was fast? Also, she has great range, three jumps, and is VERY FAST. Sadly, she's one of the weakest characters in the game.

Oh, and SHE'S FAST.

Wolf- Above-Average power/weight with a decent projectile, he can get around the map quickly, and a lot of safe moves if blocked, like Fsmash. He's also got a great aerial game. But he's also slow, slower than FALCO, and has possibly the WORST recovery in the game.

Pitariolink

Smash Apprentice
Main:

- Pit: especially cause he has a great recovery move.

Secondaries:

- Link: i don't know why, i'm just really good with him:)

- Pikachu: fast, thunder is good move.

- Metaknight: fast moves and all his specials can be used as recovery.

-Lucario: his attacks are stronger when he has more damage.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
best... Weegee.

pyrosmash

Smash Rookie
I wonder if this is going to come down to a fan battle.
I guess it doesnt come down to who the best player in the game is, but like i said before who you play with the best. It would be better to ask who if your prefered player? Which character do you think has the coolest/best final smash. Remember these are your opinions, no need to fight about who the best charater is so be nice.

Top Bottom