• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best and Worst Representative Pokemon of each Generation

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
3rd Gen- Luvdisc. Seriously, what were they thinking. I hate this poke with a passion. I will never use one for anything, never go anywhere near it. I just hate the design, it's existance. EVERYTHING. Why create a heart pokemon in the first place. Most people forget about this anyways it's so dumb.
Heart Scales. Thus, I strongly disagree.

Spire

III
BRoomer
We would probably be placed in the Lady GaGa generation.

Like how my parents were part of the Madonna generation.

:pikachu: I was being sarcastic with the pika statement though. Kinda.
Well, depends on how old you are. I'm 20, so I consider the 90s my real generation. The first decade of my life had a much more positive impact on my life than the second decade did, mainly because the first felt so much more American-centric, culturized, and innovative. This past decade began with 9/11 and a huge leap in computer and internet technology, so now I'm talking with people all over the country and world. Add a lot of relationships with girls in the mix and you've got one emotional rollercoaster of a decade. When it comes to music, I relate so much more with the 70s and 80s, 90s being the last decade that really strikes a chord with me. This past decade sucked in every form of media sans Christopher Nolan's Batman films. It was also the decade that killed Star Wars.

Man, ****in' 90s. Batman galore, Pokémon galore, Cartoon Network galore, Ocarina of Time, Final Fantasy galore (oh yeah, this past decade also managed to kill Final Fantasy), just all kinds of awesome.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Well, depends on how old you are. I'm 20, so I consider the 90s my real generation. The first decade of my life had a much more positive impact on my life than the second decade did, mainly because the first felt so much more American-centric, culturized, and innovative. This past decade began with 9/11 and a huge leap in computer and internet technology, so now I'm talking with people all over the country and world. Add a lot of relationships with girls in the mix and you've got one emotional rollercoaster of a decade. When it comes to music, I relate so much more with the 70s and 80s, 90s being the last decade that really strikes a chord with me. This past decade sucked in every form of media sans Christopher Nolan's Batman films. It was also the decade that killed Star Wars.

Man, ****in' 90s. Batman galore, Pokémon galore, Cartoon Network galore, Ocarina of Time, Final Fantasy galore (oh yeah, this past decade also managed to kill Final Fantasy), just all kinds of awesome.
Seeing as I'm 24, I have to say I completely agree with everything you have posted. I can't even think of anything to add! X3

With that said, time for my worst representations:

Worst Representations

Generation 1 - Farfetch'd: Possibly the most useless Pokemon in Generation 1; it didn't evolve, its stats sucked, and there are other Normal/Flying-types who easily outclass it. You couldn't find it in the wild, and thus had to be traded in-game for it... trading a Fearow - a Pokemon that's infinitely better - for the pathetic duck. We are already five generations in, and Farfetch'd has yet to receive an evolution (though in by doing so, it would remove the point of its existence). Poor thing.

Generation 2 - Dunsparce: Many seem to agree that Dunsparce is the most unimpressive, plain, and just simply forgettable Pokemon in Gen 2. Its stats were unimpressive, its Normal-typing only shows how plain it really is, and it looks rather ugly. Its wings do nothing for it: it isn't part Flying, it doesn't get Levitate in the 3rd and 4th Gen, and it doesn't even get Levitate through Gen V's Dream World. Truly the "Farfetch'd" of Generation 2.

Generation 3 - Luvdisc: It's safe to say that everything I could say about it has already been said. Bad stats, bad movepool, the only thing that's "good" about it, is its Abilitiy, allowing it to outspeed near everything and giving it the chance to tickle (not the move, Tickle) something before it dies. To be fair, it is the only Pokemon in the wild that carries Heart Scales for the Heart Scale tutor, if that means anything.

Generation 4 - Oddly enough, I can't really think of anything that strikes me as really bad. I could just as easily go back to other people's posts and see what they chose, but that would mean I'm "cookie cutting". I guess no Pokemon in Gen 4 was really that bad in my eyes.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Generation 4 - Oddly enough, I can't really think of anything that strikes me as really bad. I could just as easily go back to other people's posts and see what they chose, but that would mean I'm "cookie cutting". I guess no Pokemon in Gen 4 was really that bad in my eyes.
You forgot Lumineon, Sol Diviner.

E123-omega

Smash Journeyman
You forgot Lumineon, Sol Diviner.
Gamefreak guy 1: Lets make another forgettable fish pokemon

Gamefreak guy 2: how would we make this one stand from Seaking, Lanturn, Magickarp, Febas and all the other forgettable fish we made?

Gamefreak guy 1: Let's make him very rare to find, competitively useless, and give him Silver Wind! That'll work.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Gamefreak guy 1: Let's make him very rare to find, competitively useless, and give him Silver Wind! That'll work.
On one hand, this was brilliant.

Gamefreak guy 2: how would we make this one stand from Seaking, Lanturn, Magickarp, Febas and all the other forgettable fish we made?
On the other hand, I am not please that (A) you butchered the spelling of Magikarp and Feebas' names, and (B) Lanturn is not forgettable. :mad: Maybe once Rotom-W is used everywhere, but still.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
How could you not remember Magikarp. It's a freaking Gen 1 Pokemon.

I can't forgive Feebas either because you should remember it from trying to look for the thing all the goddamn time.

Fun Fact: When I played Sapphire as I kid, I'd accidentally get on one of the six feebas tiles and catch tons of Feebas, and even run from Feebas, thinking they're just the Magikarp of the game.

I don't think I've seen a wild Feebas since losing Sapphire.

Wrath`

Smash Master
I remember Lumieon on account of everyone bringing him up as unmemorable. Lumieon> Seaking, yup I said it.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
actually, if seaking wasn't 1st gen, we'd all forget it, simply put, it's the first generic water type

you just never forget the first 151 (you may not remember the number but you can tell someone who they are)

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I never found Lumineon as forgettable to me. Probably because of its cry. I like the way it sounds. Again, I really can't think of a forgettable 4th Gen - or rather, a bad representative of said Gen.

Meta_Ridley46

Smash Cadet
Lumineon was easily the most forgettable in gen IV. In fact, it was the last entry in my pokedex, and i didn't even notice 'till a week later.

On a different note, i'm gonna change my most forgettable in gen 1 to Jynx. What do you guys think about Jynx? (wow, i can't believe i just said that) I find it the only Bad-looking and forgettable pokemon of the original 151.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Man, Lumineon is forgettable as hell. I remember only being able to remember that Lumineon even EXISTED because of the episode in the anime where the Lumineon was in the lake.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Lumineon was easily the most forgettable in gen IV. In fact, it was the last entry in my pokedex, and i didn't even notice 'till a week later.

On a different note, i'm gonna change my most forgettable in gen 1 to Jynx. What do you guys think about Jynx? (wow, i can't believe i just said that) I find it the only Bad-looking and forgettable pokemon of the original 151.
Jynx was kinda spot of controversy for Pokemon / Nintendo / Gamefreak, so I doubt it's forgettable. Also, I don't think Gamefreak believes Jynx is very forgettable, since they made Smoochum during Generation II.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Besides, Jynx's design was so... out there I doubt it's forgettable in the first place

If I had to put my finger on the most forgettable of gen I it'd have to be something along the lines of Tangela or maybe even Lapras, seeing as Tangela finally gets an evo during gen IV and Lapras doesn't get jack diddly squat.

Hell, the only reason I actually remember Lapras is because Ash had one and even competitively it sucks balls, so obviously I'd never remember it.

Or if we look statistically, Exeggutor would be the most forgettable according to Sporcle

xxmoosexx

Smash Lord
1st Generation Best Representation: ****ing Zubat.

I dont know how many times I ran into that little booger. I think Zubat is the perfect representative due to it symbolizing how annoying Pokemon can get with critical hits in the game and those stupid grass pokemon who would always sleep powder your pokemon or that Abra who would teleport before you could do anything.

E123-omega

Smash Journeyman
I personally think that the zubat line was made to annoy you, especially if your starter is venusaur

Night-san

Smash Journeyman
Best:

Gen 1- Mewtwo

Gen 2- Togepi

Gen 3- Tropius

Gen 4- Bidoof. As much as I hate it, it's true. :| This isn't "Pick your favorites and least favorites from each Gen," this is what represents each Generation. Bidoof has a mediocre design like 90% of Gen 4, and it's seen all over to boot.

Worst:

Gen 1- ...This is tricky, considering that Generation 1 defined Pokemon. If I had to pick one... I'd probably pick Mr. Mime. Though not too bad, and it actually had a good spot in the anime, it's still one of the more forgettable Pokemon.

Gen 2- Qwilfish

Gen 3- Luvdisc

Gen 4- Lumineon

Top Bottom