• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best 3rd Party Character for Brawl Contest!

Classic-Black

Smash Journeyman
how many votes/nominations are we allowed again? anyways

Vote wise
+Megaman
-Sonic

Nomination wise

Pheonix Wright
Dr Derek Stiles
Black Mage
Billy/Jimmy Lee (Double Dragon)
Alex/Ryan (River City Ransom)
The Battletoads
Magus

whitekirby

Smash Cadet
To make it more interesting you could make it so that when nominete someone they have to tell why and a little background on the character. Mabye even post a move set for them. That way can't just come say I nominate Dr.bob then leave and never come back.

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
Why is there no Pac-Man in this poll?
ill nominate him for you.

To make it more interesting you could make it so that when nominete someone they have to tell why and a little background on the character. Mabye even post a move set for them. That way can't just come say I nominate Dr.bob then leave and never come back.
omg yes thats perfect PEOPLE U MUST DO THIS! ill edit in the first post.

1 vote for megaman
ill edi it in styrks

Vote wise
+Megaman
-Sonic

Nomination wise

Pheonix Wright
Dr Derek Stiles
Black Mage
The Battletoads
Magus
I nominate and vote for, . . . RAYMAN!!!!!!!!!
as many as you want, except i guess you can only do one nomination, to keep it to the popular ones, so pick one and say why like white kirby suggested.

Edit: everyone who voted and not explained why plz do now.

whitekirby

Smash Cadet
I guess I'll explain why I want Spyro
1. He's a dragon coolest animal ever
2. He was one of the first games I've ever played
3. He'd have a pretty cool moveset
B- breath fire
B>- head ram (works like Yoshi's egg)
B^- wing flutter hover thing. In the game at the end of a glide you can press triangle to get a extra boost.
B.down- Head bash into ground

Iggy K

Smash Ace
Since Bomberman has a decent amount of votes now I'll vote for Pac-Man, Namco's close with Nintendo, he's Namco's mascot, their most iconic character and Miyamoto loves Pac-Man. He's also awesome.

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
Bubblun and Bobblun Dou

Newest incarnation on the psp

Reasons why....
1. very retro
2. appeard on many consoles
3. dou material
4. seen in bust a move/ puzzle bubble
5. wouldn't be expected

Moveset I made... (not all that great)

They would be set up like the Ice climbers.
--------------------------------------------------------------

A- Bub and Bob do a punch combo.
A+Up Bub and Bob do a headbutt attack.
A+Down Bub and Bob do a low kick.
A+Side Bub and Bob attack with thier tails
---------------------------------------------------------------
Air
A-Bub and bob they do a spin attack that hurts all that make contact.
A+up Bub and Bob do a flip kick
A+Down Bub and Bob attack attacks multiple times with thier feet
A+Side Bub and Bob do a side kick
Running+A Bub and Bob use the running shoes from their game and do a running dash that turns into a blur.
B- Bub and Bob blow rapid amounts of bubbles that harm on impact. Hold to make bigger stronger bubbles. (can control the larger ones). (may catch opponent in bubble)
B+Up Bub and bob form a bubble around themselves in order to float for a limited time.
B+Down Bub and bob form a bubble shield that reflect attacks back.
B+Side Bub and Bob blow two random different bubbles with different power (electricity strikes the stage if its popped). (fire covers the ground for a limited time) (water sweeps away opponent causing them to lose control for a while and lose one jump).

Alternate B+down Bub and Bob Blow a random bubble it forms around them, will burst and do a random effect (see B+Side) for the bubbles
Smash attack+Up Bub and Bob Make a sweeping motion making a blue/green aura
Smash attack+Down Bub and Bob Charge up a single giant bubble that you can control.
Smash attack+Side Bub and Bob attack with a rainbow beam (borrowed from rainbow island).
Taunt- they drink a potion, and turn human for a second.
Super Smash attack- They throw an array of enimes and items at thier opponents. Blow multiple bubbles trapping all opponents in bubbles, and finishes by popping all the bubbles on stage.
Alt Super Smash attack- They summon the final boss from their game to help out.

Super Smash- Bub and Bob sprays a large amount of bubbles on the stage. They all float upwards, and burst. The screen turns to a whitish tint, and everyone on screen is damaged
Super Smash- Bub and bob blows a random bubble (Fire/electrict/water... so on). it bursts and causes damage to all. (see Side+B for ideas on the bubbles).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Moves I removed from my moveset
Alternate B+down Bub and Bob breath fire in both directions (just like the IC B+down) ~reason it was ********, and I only put it in to finish~

Smash attack+Up Bub and Bob they make a single bubble (spells out a random letter from the word Extend if all letters are reached then they get an extra life). ~Not realistic, and not a pratical move~

All bold are new moves/ added stuff.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

killbeast301

Smash Lord
I guess I need an explanation for Rayman. Well here goes.

1) He has 4 really good console games under his belt plus some handhelds.
2) He looks cool. rayman
3) Moveset
b energy ball throw: can be charged, can move while charging but very slow, can throw two consecutively. (two hands)
>b plunger shoot pulls: out a plunger gun out of somewhere(?) and shoots a plunger
^b hair copter: his hair gets big all of a sudden and spins around his head like a helicopter
propeler. little verticle revovery but huge horizontal like DK's
vb pulls a bunny out of somewhere(?) and uses as a sheild, like Peaches toad thing.

I'm not that creative with A-attacks . . . but,
AAA: left hook, right hook, kick.
f-tilt: spin kick, right leg, hits with the heel
d-tilt: squats down on one leg (foot gets closser to body) and does a sweeping kick.
u-tilt: spins one foot around him vertically, and kicks above his head, comes up behind him and hits with the heel.
Smashes are the smash equivalent of the tilts, but with slightly less range. except u-smash he frontflips and hits with both feet.
don't know about ariels.

grab: chain, similar gun to the plunger shoot, has a hand on the end of the chain. Like links hookshot in function, but with less lag if you miss

Super: BUNNY STAMPEDE! A whole bunch of rabidds stampede accross the feild. doing that psychotic yell "BAAAAAHHHHH!!!!"

Taunt: pulls his body (that purple part) away from the rest of him and dribbles with it. He does it in Rayman 2 if you stand still long enough.

he'd have huge range with the no limbs thing, almost as much as Marth, more/less depending on his height, i see him as luigi height, -ish. he'd get even more range with a beam sword or other item. One down side, right directly in front of him, is no hitbox, cuz' it's just his hand/foot for the tilts.

4) Rayman is just plain cool.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion

2) He looks cool. rayman
3) Moveset
b energy ball throw: can be charged, can move while charging but very slow, can throw two consecutively. (two hands)
>b plunger shoot pulls: out a plunger gun out of somewhere(?) and shoots a plunger
^b hair copter: his hair gets big all of a sudden and spins around his head like a helicopter
vb pulls a bunny out of somewhere(?) and uses as a sheild, like Peaches toad thing.

AAA: jab, cross, kick.
d-tilt: squats down on one leg (foot gets closser to body) and does a sweeping kick.
u-tilt: spins one foot around him vertically, and kicks above his head, comes up behind him and hits with the heel.
Smashes are the smash equivalent of the tilts, but with slightly less range. except u-smash he frontflips and hits with both feet.
don't know about ariels.

grab: chain, similar gun to the plunger shoot, has a hand on the end of the chain. Like links hookshot in function, but with less lag if you miss

Super: BUNNY STAMPEDE! A whole bunch of rabidds stampede accross the feild. doing that psychotic yell "BAAAAAHHHHH!!!!"

Taunt: pulls his body (that purple part) away from the rest of him and dribbles with it. He does it in Rayman 2 if you stand still long enough.

he'd have huge range with the no limbs thing, almost as much as Marth, more/less depending on his height, i see him as luigi height, -ish. he'd get even more range with a beam sword or other item. One down side, right directly in front of him, is no hitbox, cuz' it's just his hand/foot for the tilts.

5. THE RABBIDS, AGAIN!!!!! DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! :rotfl:

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
very good people, and im suprise a perfectly decent movesets u guys can pull out f ur hats fro these characters, and ill edit in that vote for pac man too. everyone keep it up!

Edit: I decided on the first post to put the contestants be put in order of votes.

Classic-Black

Smash Journeyman
Nomination wise

Pheonix Wright
Dr Derek Stiles
Black Mage
The Battletoads
Magus
Alright, i'll put a vote in for Magus, and subtract from Leon. If my last nominations didn't take, i'd like to reccomend all quoted above. If not, I nominate Pheonix Wright. I'll provide info for both

Why Magus gets the vote:

*He's one of the most popular characters from Chrono Trigger
*SNES era
*Unique weapon (scythe)
*Him and Crono (and maybe Ayla) deserve to be included from this franshise more than the other chars.
*It's freakin' Magus!

Partial Moveset and Stats:

A(combo) low kick, Scythe swipe high, spinning scythe swipe middle.
Dash A: Teleport Slash
Down A: Downwards slash (can be done in mid air)
Up A: Teleport (similar to shieks)
Smash >A: (chargable) Dark Bomb
Dash A: Scyth swipe

B: Dark Mist
>B: Black Hole
<B: Magic Wall
Up B: one of the mid level elemental spells (Fire, Ice, Lightning) selected at random

Super attack: Dark Matter

Taunt: Dark Matter incantation
-----i'll flesh it out later----

Magus would be a very floaty character of medium weight. Lacking defense (which is made up for by his <B) with above average power and speed. More info can be found http://www.chronocompendium.com/Term/Magus.html]here

Nominating Pheonix Wright is a whole lot easier

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
Alright, i'll put a vote in for Magus, and subtract from Leon. If my last nominations didn't take, i'd like to reccomend all quoted above. If not, I nominate Pheonix Wright. I'll provide info for both

Why Magus gets the vote:

*He's one of the most popular characters from Chrono Trigger
*SNES era
*Unique weapon (scythe)
*Him and Crono (and maybe Ayla) deserve to be included from this franshise more than the other chars.
*It's freakin' Magus!

Partial Moveset and Stats:

A(combo) low kick, Scythe swipe high, spinning scythe swipe middle.
Dash A: Teleport Slash
Down A: Downwards slash (can be done in mid air)
Up A: Teleport (similar to shieks)
Smash >A: (chargable) Dark Bomb
Dash A: Scyth swipe

B: Dark Mist
>B: Black Hole
<B: Magic Wall
Up B: one of the mid level elemental spells (Fire, Ice, Lightning) selected at random

Super attack: Dark Matter

Taunt: Dark Matter incantation
-----i'll flesh it out later----

Magus would be a very floaty character of medium weight. Lacking defense (which is made up for by his <B) with above average power and speed. More info can be found http://www.chronocompendium.com/Term/Magus.html]here

Nominating Pheonix Wright is a whole lot easier
interesting. alright ill put the stuff in. MEGAMAN AND SONIC ARE TIED!!!!!

Classic-Black

Smash Journeyman
I just thought of something else you can do for this thread:

Characters with Zero/Negative votes get put on brobation for 3 days. if they don't get a positive number ov votes by then, they're taken off the list.

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
I just thought of something else you can do for this thread:

Characters with Zero/Negative votes get put on brobation for 3 days. if they don't get a positive number ov votes by then, they're taken off the list.
lol its funny because i was just thinking about changing the contest again, yes, this is a good idea but not enough. how about one more day for everyone who has negative... get the axe!!!!! now ill continue to think of more changes.

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
New Update! Featuring Encounters!

UPDATE!
A new feature i came up with is Encounters! It takes 3 Encounter votes of these to active.
Lets say i give an E. vote to Sonic, but this information is not enough. You must say who he must encounter. Okay, i give an Encounter vote to Sonic encountering Bomberman. Okay, what does this mean! if he gets 3 votes for Sonic Vs. Bomberman then they will duke it out! Whoever has more votes wins, but the reductions come in play. They will subtract the vote for the encounter. So Sonic is 4:1, and Bomberman is 2:0. Sonic would win if they did go at it. But what happens if someone loses? They will be resest at 0:0 and the winner gets one vote and minus one reduction.

So i give one Encounter vote to Sonic to encounter Bomberman. Lets see if this would make a good twist to this growing contest.

ALSO LET ME KNOW IF YOU DONT LIKE THIS IDEA! IF 5 PEOPLE TELL ME THIS IT WILL END!!!!

bloodvayne

Smash Apprentice
I nominate anyone from Killer Instinct, preferrably Fulgore or B. Orchid.

I know Killer instinct was Nintendo, but it was also Rare, so I'm not sure who owns rights to it, so I'll just consider it 3rd party

And I vote for Leon.

killbeast301

Smash Lord

2) He looks cool. rayman
3) Moveset

AAA: jab, cross, kick.
don't know about ariels.

I've got more for the moveset:

f-smash: Smacks enemy with a shovel (from the whack-a-mole minigame of rayman 4) swings it overhand and can be a spike (maybe)
n-air: swings his foot up to kick, not sex-kick.
f-air: double hammerfist, swings both fists in front of him vertically, down, hits with the pinky side of the fist, two strikes.
b-air: brings feet back behind him and kicks out.
u-air: claps hands above him.
d-air: kicks down with both feet.

DSB

Smash Apprentice
Add Crono.
Why should he be in Brawl ? I'll give you a few reasons :
1. He's the main character of one of the (if not the) best RPGs ever.
2. His game was originally released for the SNES.
3. He's just badass.
4. He's one of the Square-Enix characters that would make sense in Brawl.
5. His character is not only a tribute to old-school RPG fans and Square, but also to all Dragon Quest and Dragon Ball fans because of his looks (Akira Toriyama designed him).
6. If you played CT, you know how great his moveset could be.
7. Finally he's quite popular: just ask any self-respecting RPG fan if he's ever heard of Crono.

As for who my vote goes to, if I can vote for my own submission, you know who I pick ;)

If not, I vote for Magus (because he's from CT as well) and reduce Geno (because he's one over-rated mofo).

Prower90

Smash Rookie
Why should he be in Brawl ? I'll give you a few reasons :
1. He's the main character of one of the (if not the) best RPGs ever.
2. His game was originally released for the SNES.
3. He's just badass.
4. He's one of the Square-Enix characters that would make sense in Brawl.
5. His character is not only a tribute to old-school RPG fans and Square, but also to all Dragon Quest and Dragon Ball fans because of his looks (Akira Toriyama designed him).
6. If you played CT, you know how great his moveset could be.
7. Finally he's quite popular: just ask any self-respecting RPG fan if he's ever heard of Crono.

As for who my vote goes to, if I can vote for my own submission, you know who I pick ;)

If not, I vote for Magus (because he's from CT as well) and reduce Geno (because he's one over-rated mofo).
I second that. Chrono would be a great addition to the SSB saga.

El HP

Smash Ace
I nominate Simon Belmont the Castlevania serie is very recognized on Nintendo systems and most of their games have been exclusive.

Eight Sage

Smash Lord
in the range of 0.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255
I nominate Simon Belmont the Castlevania serie is very recognized on Nintendo systems and most of their games have been exclusive.
At least! Some one recognized it... :embarrass

Sonic is in Nintendo much less than Bomber Man/Mega Man/Simon Belmont, even though, he has more chances to be in :(

I nominate Simon Belmont (though Soma Cruz is Nintendo-exclusive)

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
srry i havent updated in a while i had a birthday party lol. alright one person dislikes the encounter system. bloodvayne, i dont consider that 3rd party. Now, i will only except ONE more nomination.

cheesye

Smash Rookie
i vote magus

1. one of the main characters in chrono trigger, which happens to be a nintendo classic as well as one of the greatest rpgs of all time.
2. he started and ended on the nintendo franchise.
3. his moveset wouldnt be difficult to come up with, which means less time and effort to think of something (like the way they are uncertain of snakes moves)
4. it could draw in some more crowd from the rpg players
5. why not?

Kirye

Smash Ace
Can i nominate Rawk Hawk?. Hes from paper mario the thousand year door. Just because i though he just would fit in perfectly
THIRD PARTY characters. Paper Mario isn't third party.

i vote magus

1. one of the main characters in chrono trigger, which happens to be a nintendo classic as well as one of the greatest rpgs of all time.
2. he started and ended on the nintendo franchise.
3. his moveset wouldnt be difficult to come up with, which means less time and effort to think of something (like the way they are uncertain of snakes moves)
4. it could draw in some more crowd from the rpg players
5. why not?
Wouldn't Crono go before Magus? As Crono is the main character?

Also, the chances of even Crono making it in are incredibly low, much lower for Magus.

JesterBox

Smash Ace
I just think that the 3rd party charecters should be ones that STILL make GOOD games...we all know that excludes Sonic.

Let you hatred flow into my post!

cheesye

Smash Rookie
Wouldn't Crono go before Magus? As Crono is the main character?

Also, the chances of even Crono making it in are incredibly low, much lower for Magus.
yes he would come before magus, but that doesnt alter the fact that i voted for magus. i personally would prefer him over crono. we dont need another "swordsman" and with magus' scythe he brings much more to the table

Top Bottom