• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best 3rd Party Character for Brawl Contest!

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
Well, we all heard of the fact that theres only gonna be like one or possibly two more 3rd party characters. The question is... who deserves the spot(s) the most!
I say we have a contest. Very similair to the best Character selection screen forum, we will nominate, vote, and reduct from 3rd party characters. You can only do one of the nomination part of it. You may change your vote!
Now, there are some rules.
1. you must actually belive that the character might get in or would make a fine addition to vote for them.
2. DO NOT argue about who is gay, and who is godly. This is definintly not the place to do this. What you CAN do is talk about it nicely... an example is "Hey, Megaman would not be the best choice. He would be a waste of a 3rd party slot." not like "OMG MEGAMAN! YOUR SOOOOO GAY!" Plz?
3. Explain why you want that character in.
4. The first to 10 votes, wins!
Well, only four rules. Not bad. Okay, it takes 5 redutcions to remove that character from the contest, 1 nomination to bring a character in (it can be a character that was taken away from 5 reductions.) I will start off with some choices to begin with (and no these are not my favorite 3rd party characters)

Sonic-
Votes: 8 Redutction: 2

Megaman-
Votes: 6 Reductions: 4

Geno-
Votes: 3 Reductions: 2

Bomberman-
Votes: 3 Redutcions: 0

Simon
Votes: 2 Redcutions: 0

Magus-
Votes: 2 Reductions: 0

Zero-
Votes: 2 Reduction: 1

Pacman-
Votes: 1 Reductions: 0

Spyro-
Votes: 1 Reduction: 0

Leon S. Kennedy-
Votes: 1 Reduction: 2

Shadow-
Votes: 0 Reduction: 1

Conker-
Votes: 0 reductions: 0

Banjo-
Votes: 0 Reductions: 0

Bubblun (duo)-

Maverick hunter-

Crono-
Votes: 0 Reduction: 0

Rayman-

Wright-
Votes: 0 Reductions:0

Tails-
Votes: 2 Reductions: 0

Bass-

Earthworm-
Votes: 1 reductions: 1

Edit: Sonic only needs 2 more votes to win! Megaman is in danger (1 more reduction)!!!

Classic-Black

Smash Journeyman
are these seven all you could come up with? You'ev got no retro characters, no cult icons, and only chose reps from three companies (Square, Capcom, Sega) this isn't a decent list of 3rd party candidates, both because it's limited, and only two listed arguably have a chance. Skim a couple of pages, or go looking through the current VC list and bulk the list before you try to get peoplemto vote on it

Nintendo Advocate

Smash Apprentice
geno isn't third party; he's owned by nintendo, so take him off of there!

I reduct from:
sonic
megaman
zero
shadow

I add to:
bomberman

(sorry leon fans, he's too violent. otherwise, i'd vote for him!)

you need to have on there:
conker
banjo kazooie

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
geno isn't third party; he's owned by nintendo, so take him off of there!

I reduct from:
sonic
megaman
zero
shadow

I add to:
bomberman

(sorry leon fans, he's too violent. otherwise, i'd vote for him!)

you need to have on there:
conker
banjo kazooie
ah i guess i can make it one ni\omination puts them up. and i guess you can vote for as many people that u want (except the same person twice). That makes sense.

1 vote for Mega Man!!!
Hey, you can nominate someone, or deduct from someone too, AND save.

Bomberman-

Geno-

Shadow-
Votes: 0 Reduction: 1

Zero-
Votes:0 Reduction: 1

Sonic-
Votes: 0 Reduction 1

Megaman-

Conker-

Banjo Kazooie-

whitekirby

Smash Cadet
I am to be nominating Spyro. He's had a game on Gamecube so it's possible though very unlikely. But still he's dragon how can you not love him? And I vote for him.

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
I am to be nominating Spyro. He's had a game on Gamecube so it's possible though very unlikely. But still he's dragon how can you not love him? And I vote for him.
got it! ur not gonna reduct anyone?

Spyro-

Sonic-
Votes: 1 Reductions: 1

Geno-

Zero-
Reductions: 1

Shadow-
Reductions: 1

Bomberman-
Votes: 2

Megaman-
Votes: 1 Reduction: 1

Leon-
Reduction: 1

untouched characters: Conker, Banjo

ooops, srry i was typing when you posted DJ so i had to edit xD. oh and nice avatar

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
Don' t hate...

I nominate Bubblun and Bobblun dou!

(these guys, yeah I used fan art...there are better pics, but I really like this one).

I will save my save, and reduction for later.
Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad Geno maby you should just update the first post instead of posting the list half a dozen time...

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
Don' t hate...

I nominate Bubblun and Bobblun dou!

(these guys, yeah I used fan art...there are better pics, but I really like this one).

I will save my save, and reduction for later.
Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad Geno maby you should just update the first post instead of posting the list half a dozen time...
alright lol but i just didnt want keep going back to check on the stuff, i could just look on each page. but im a tad dumb so ill go with ur idea lol. oh and you can vote for someone... want to vote for the guys you just nominated?

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
alright lol but i just didnt want keep going back to check on the stuff, i could just look on each page. but im a tad dumb so ill go with ur idea lol. oh and you can vote for someone... want to vote for the guys you just nominated?
Yeah sorry, I will vote for them... anyways I dobt it matters... they probaly won't last long... =/

Kirye

Smash Ace
Whoever said Geno is owned by Nintendo is wrong, Square owns Geno, so he's third party.

Also, I nominate Geno.

EDIT: Forgot the reduction. I reduct 1 from Megaman. Are we allowed to save as well? If so, then I save Sonic. (If he has any reductions, I didn't notice. x.x)

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
Whoever said Geno is owned by Nintendo is wrong, Square owns Geno, so he's third party.

Also, I nominate Geno.

EDIT: Forgot the reduction. I reduct 1 from Megaman. Are we allowed to save as well? If so, then I save Sonic. (If he gets any reductions, I didn't notice. x.x)
oh i was gonna post that but i forgot. and why did u nominate Geno? hes already in.

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
its alright = ) and dont worry, he may get some votes!
Yeah I guess...

Anyways they are best friends, and more of a dou like ICs...which people seem to be against...
So if one gets in the other one will be there too.

I belive its possible, but I have dobts due to the # of spots... they are classic,appeared on the NES, and many other ports. I don't think any other character will be blowing bubbles...

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
Yeah, i'll vote for him. XD (I think that's what I meant in the first place, leave me alone i'm a little drunk. T_T)
drunk? lol. im suprised you didnt go into a character support thread and start talkin trash. Oh well. srry i didnt catch on... maybe im drunk and i dont know it:ohwell:

JaimeHR

Smash Ace
i would like to nominate Simon Belmont from Castlevania. he's a classic character from the series which first appeared on the NES.

even tough he hasn't appeared on any recent Castlevania games i guess he could made a cool addition since he's part of the NES' era.

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
uh... why are you nominating Megaman? hes already up. and now im gonna edit in the stuff, srry, i was asleep for a LONG time.

Edit: remember... you can vote, save, reduct, and nominate. i dont know if your saving them so tell me if u r. and everyone, talk about the third part charaacters, id like to c u guys debae about them.

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
srry for postinng twice and taking so long to edit it lol, notebook is giving me problems.
also im going to add something new to this contest to make it better.... hm... maybe u guys can throw some ideas to me, it may take me a while...

Top Bottom