• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bermudian Doctor Mario - Please Crtique/Advice [RoK's Doc]

Miggz

Pancake Sandwiches
Hey everyone. My name is Miguel aka Miggz and I'm a smasher from Bermuda. Yes, THAT Bermuda with the so called Bermuda triangle. lol =P Anyway, I was wondering if you could critique my friend's Doctor Mario. Its not his main, but Doc is one of his serious characters nonetheless. You're advice/thoughts is much appreciated. Thanks in advance, oh and I am his foe in these vids. XD

Miggz [Marth] V.S. RoK [Doc] R1 - BF
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjMVXMIUZDc&feature=channel_page

Miggz [Marth] V.S. RoK [Doc] R2 - PS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7xScJJ927Y&feature=channel_page

SpruceTengu

Smash Journeyman
I'd say he should definitely work his spacing a bit better against marth. Also, avoid coming down ontop of him. He seems technically able enough, though I never see much Pill game at all. Admittedly, pillgame is difficult to do well on battlefield, but nonetheless, it could have helped him not get chased around so much.

I like the use of the cape for edgeguard. He needs to be a bit more careful with his own recovery, i think, especially around the edge, maybe make use of cape and PTP for extra time/mindgames. His movement and tech is pretty tight, and alot of his playstyle reminds me of alot of what I do; I would however suggest trying to be a bit smarter when it's time to be aggressive, and that he make sure to enter at times that are appropriate. He seems to run into some shieldgrabs and spacing this-and-thats alot of the time, when he could be mindgaming, pilling, or working with the spacing further toward his favor.

A pretty solid doc though, in my opinion.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
*gasp* Real audio! Okay, I'm watching the match on Battlefield.

You're going to have to be way trickier with the approach against Marth. Dashdance, mix it up, don't just run in with nairs, or Marth will eat your children. Nom nom nom.

Why not throw pills? If he doesn't know how to deal with them, good for you. If he does, keep mobile and shoot pills. Just something more he has to keep track of.

I wouldn't go for a bthrow kill at such a low percentage. You can't follow up on it very quickly, and at a low percent, Marth can jump back with a fair and stuff anything you're trying to do. Try going with a dthrow to mini-combo instead.

Haha... trying to land Doc's fsmash on Marth...

Oh snap. Good gimp. Stylish taunt too. ...not so stylish screwed up ledgedash =P

Miggz

Pancake Sandwiches
Hey thanks everyone for the tips! I'll be sure to pass the message onto my friend, although I wish he would simply join and post. Haha.

Oh and to elvenarrow3000 with the "nom nom nom" comment. that made me ROFL!!! Simply epic comment. lol

Top Bottom