• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Beating Jiggs

Mr. Ganondorf

Smash Journeyman
This Jiggs player from SoCal has caused me to all but quit my main, Ganondorf (stupid rest combos). Now I'm training up my Doc, so any help on fighting Jiggs would be much appreciated. I usually try to spam pills into grabs, but he DIs the dthrow behind me, making the punch very difficult to pull off. I know the uair works wonders on her too. Something I'm really curious about are the good stages to counterpick against her. TIA

DrGrimReaper

Smash Apprentice
Because I'm not super duper pro my input may not be the best, but I think that some examples of stages where Jiggly Puff would be more vulnerable are the ones w/ the closer death-edges. Such as F-Zero City, or the Game&Watch, or Yoshi's Island, (not the 64version), or... uhm.. heck, just anywher wher if you can get a throw on her near on edge, she'll fly to death even w/ low percentage.

coz like.. jiggs iz so light she's more prone to dying on close edge maps w/ lower %'s

i hope i waz helpful ^_^

alcheato

Smash Ace
Vs Jiggs spam pills, use nair to approach, u-throw to uair plenty,and use d-throw to fair for the finish (60% +).

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
First and foremost, dont rush headstrong into jiggs. You'll probably get trapped by a retreating-to-forward-jumped b.air or f.air if you try to stay completely aggressive to jiggs.

So in the beginning, you want to rely on your range stuff; pill spam and f.tilts.

If you have to/want to jump at jiggs, come in a b.air or a n.air (SHBAWD works, but doesnt specifically have to be SHBAWDS). B.air works wonders against jiggs, cause it's about as long as WOP b.air, but doc's b.air comes out faster.

once you get a jiggs on the ropes, start coming w some f.airs, but again, never go completely aggressive, that's when thing can get turned around real quick.

You can work for some grabs, but you cant really do any comboing (to my knowledge),
except for d.throw to f.air, for the kill. You should be lookin for that around 65%, and it'll start to be more guarentee'd up to about 100%.

Defensivly, like I said, dont play too aggressive. If you're not in a position to get b.airs or tilts, or something that will it; move.

If you ever back up, and jiggs starts WOP'ing to move you (or something of that nature), throw a few pills. If you can time an attack after a pill, go for it, but you rack up some damage from pills and keep jiggs at bay.

Watch for the falling u.air -> u.tilt -> rest combo, you're still able to get hit with it by doc. Also, just watch out for u.tilt in general, especially if you're at low percent. U.tilt to rest is deadly.

If jiggs misses a rest, though, CAPE THE CRAP OUT OF THEM BEFORE YOU DO SOMETHING . Caping is like fox's blaster; there's no stun to it; so you can rack up some free damage before you hurt jiggs. (You can do like, 5 before jiggs wakes up, i THINK, could be wrong).

Try your best not to contest jiggs in the air. If you have to, though, b.air, n.air, and d.air are your friends. U.air will get you out of a jam sometimes if jiggs is coming down on you, but f.air is obviously too slow for air combat.

If you see a jiggs jumping at you while you're recoving, or knoocked up near the edge; be ready to up b (or d.air if you have time). You have to watch out for jiggs f.air, cause it can push you off real easy. (You also have to watch for getting pushed by the WOP, but i think it's easier for jiggs to do f.airs)

__________________________________________-

That's about all I have to say, i think.

I'm pretty sure this stuff will be helpful, although I dont know if it's like - end all advice. I play a good jiggs quite often, but it's not like we're top notch players.

Oh, and for the record, i hope the jiggs you're talkin about isnt The King. :(

St. Viers

Smash Champion
yeah, anout punishing rests. If it has any damage whatsoever when it misses a rest, caping it a few times and then f-smashed should KO the puff.

I usually spam b-airs if I need an aerial game, and it works.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
While I don't care if you switched mains, Ganon actually plays jiggly well as long as you space well and do anti-WoP.

FOB

Smash Ace
yay for my favriote match up!. Ok.. Jiggs is actually a pretty tough match up because a good jiggs will maximize on Doc's bad recovery and reach. Grabs are absolutly GODLY on jiggs due the fact that fair kills a Jiggs at extremely low percents. Bewary of up tilts and up airs because they can lead to rests. Make your atacks speedy and plan on hitting behind the Jiggs. A good jiggs will usually jump back as a primary dodge.

Top Bottom