• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BC Melee Rankings: Late Fall 2012

Violence

Smash Lord
I was just speaking from experience, I've never seen people give two cents about ranking who weren't currently ranked.

Also,

ps.violence was ****** me last time we played
which was like
2 days ago
This man is a liar.

I got lucky in many matches where a high Yakal used his third best character on a stage I would counterpick and he SD'd repeatedly. Even if my wins were legit, tournament is all that matters, and I'm pretty sure I'd still lose there.

butthatdoesn'tmeaniwontbetryinghardas****torapeyouifweplay

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
btw, my last post wasn't from a "**** talk" point of view, it's from a "WA <3 BC and we enjoy competing with you guys" point of view lol. MITH1 and MITH2 were magical to me because it was like, holy ****, a whole new world of competition with a whole bunch of players I might lose to. so what if you guys's top players weren't there this time? I honestly feel like the average skill level in BC is higher than WA, so the obvious solution is, you guys's not-quite-top level should just put in a little work and **** us. <3

anyway MITH3 was a suuuper fun tourney and it was awesome seeing all you guys again

edit: oh yeah and roby *****. d0od should play more

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
well, even if the player base is declining in your own region, I don't think it's declining globally (was gonna say nationally, but you guys are canada so yeah lol).

but putting that aside... I can only speak personally, but I don't play smash cuz of the tournament scene, I play it cuz it's an amazing game. the thrill of tournaments is just a small part of it to me. even if only a few people played, I'd still play. but if your only reason to play is to win over other people, then yeah, maybe your circumstances are different.

do you REALLY view it as "effort and time?" smash has never felt like a job to me. and if it's an outlet to meet tight people like smashers from other regions and so forth, then that's just a bonus to me

robyextreme

Smash Ace
btw, my last post wasn't from a "**** talk" point of view, it's from a "WA <3 BC and we enjoy competing with you guys" point of view lol. MITH1 and MITH2 were magical to me because it was like, holy ****, a whole new world of competition with a whole bunch of players I might lose to. so what if you guys's top players weren't there this time? I honestly feel like the average skill level in BC is higher than WA, so the obvious solution is, you guys's not-quite-top level should just put in a little work and **** us. <3

anyway MITH3 was a suuuper fun tourney and it was awesome seeing all you guys again

edit: oh yeah and roby *****. d0od should play more
<3

I would have to start traveling into bigger competitions to really get into the game again.

the most exciting things about smash is playing someone you never met and can beat you. Cause both persons have invested YEARS into getting on that level.

smash right now is just getting f*cked up and playing friendlies with like 5 people and a local tournament every now and then, but that's still pretty tight LOL. :cool:

Patooty

Smash Ace
Toph you are a super cool mang.

I look forward to shaking off this rust and being able to actually play with WA's top smashers again.

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Results of MITH3?

Well said, Toph.

Btw, it should be mentioned that back at the PR's "peak," there were players even older than us who had quit-- victa, darius, etc. Does that mean that the PR at that time was "meaningless"? I don't think so. Btw Dieslow and I went from 12th and 8th to 1st and 2nd in a year. GG

:phone:

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Nah. Not from 8th. Took me like 6 months to make it to 8th though lol. Dieslow and I actually had a conversation on msn talking about how by the same time next year we would be 1st/2nd.

Harrisburg

Smash Journeyman
ah yea, took you longer to get on than it did to make it to 1st hahah

looking at the pr. location is so diverse.

FrenchToasts

Smash Journeyman
well, even if the player base is declining in your own region, I don't think it's declining globally (was gonna say nationally, but you guys are canada so yeah lol).

but putting that aside... I can only speak personally, but I don't play smash cuz of the tournament scene, I play it cuz it's an amazing game. the thrill of tournaments is just a small part of it to me. even if only a few people played, I'd still play. but if your only reason to play is to win over other people, then yeah, maybe your circumstances are different.

do you REALLY view it as "effort and time?" smash has never felt like a job to me. and if it's an outlet to meet tight people like smashers from other regions and so forth, then that's just a bonus to me

naww i play smash to kill time cuz i got nothing better to do atm but i stay for its competative nature and it takes lotta skillz

FrenchToasts

Smash Journeyman
Toph u gotta handle losing better man cuz i rmber at the tourny when adam beat u in 2 mm u threw a 20$ bill at him cuz u were unhappy. thats disrespectful and bad sportsmanship so plz dont ever rage and throw $ at my friends man they aint objects and that aint the only time too. last time u threw ur wallet at me adam n banana when u housed at ur place n u lost double nothing against adam i was to generous but really shouldve taken all ur $$ in the wallet , next time incase u wanna rage n throw ****? Throw urself out the window. step it up buddy

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Holy moly. BC needs to stop these invaders. WA isn't so hard, really. They just do lots of moves. Except Teddy. You must grab Teddy.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Mad J will be like 8th on the update. Yakal and I were talking about it and we came up with this list...

1: sion
2: eric
3: roby
4: evan
5: tony
6: me/yakal
7: yakal/me
8: mad J
9: will
10: tiep

Honestly though. I beat otto and sion so far this year. I think I should be like... 5.5th. In singles against Roby and evan was both last game last stock in pools and bracket respectively. blahblahblahblahblah etc.

FrenchToasts

Smash Journeyman
tiep comes to 1 tourny and you put him on pr.

bias bias bias bias bias bias bias bias bias bias bias bias bias bias bias bias bias bias bias bias bias bias bias bias bias bias bias bias bias bias bias bias bias bias bias bias bias bias bias bias bias bias bias bias bias bias bias bias bias bias bias bias bias bias bias bias bias bias bias bias bias bias bias bias bias bias bias bias bias bias bias bias bias bias bias bias bias bias bias bias bias bias bias bias bias bias bias bias bias bias bias bias bias bias bias bias bias bias bias bias

bias more

btw i play this game for fun. no pr intended

Yakal

Torquasm-Rao
not really bias...I definitely had you in mind but your placing certainly didn't help you this tournament and while I agree one tournament win isn't exactly a real testament of skill, the fact that tiep was on PR in the past and didn't place terribly while taking you out in losers helped his case.

maybe a little bias

edit: Nope, i'm not a panelist, not even nominated lol I just gave my opinion.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
So are yakal/adam/evan confirmed as panelists now? :O

edit: ah, k lol. i dont really see the current panelists posting ANYTHING ever (besides diakonos, but he's in ottawa now) so I wasn't sure

Diakonos

Smash Lord
I'm waiting for the rest of the videos to come out before offering any input.

Any other thoughts?

FrenchToasts

Smash Journeyman
i talked to eric today on msn whether hes finished with smash and hes like yeah.. im done i have no time for this game anymore, my girlfriend, my job and my school take up everything im done smash 100% so i asked him to post on smashboards to take himself off so thats gonna be happening soon...

1: sion (if he dont care anymore, drop his placing)
2: roby
3: evan
4: tony (miss another, drop his placing)
5: yakal
6: adam
7: mad j
8: will (dont enter singles again take him off or drop his placing)
9:
10:

Yakal

Torquasm-Rao
there is still a bit more discussion to be had about whether or not to exclude whoever for inactivity/disinterest in the game as well as adams and my placing but since I already gave my opinion i'll begin talking about placings 8-10

Just looking at the last 2 strongholds I'd say Mad J can take 8th comfortably with will at 7th. Mad J placed 7th and 5th but hasn't beaten anyone on our current PR though he has certainly proven his worth in placings and performance in sets against PR players (Adam and Evan come to mind). I am willing to say that Mad J is at least as good as will and at the rate of his improvement he's going to pass him quite soon since I haven't heard from will in ages and he didn't enter this past tournament. Because of all that 8th looks like a good place for him on a PR that looks like Mikes suggested one.

I feel the next 2 placings are up in the air between Tiep, who tied with me at 9th, Mike, Nathan, and Violence who all placed 13th at this past stronghold. With that in mind, looking back at stronghold 2, violence placed above both nathan and mike but nathan 2-0'd adam. Unfortunately the bracket for both of these tournaments haven't been uploaded so I can't make a fair assessment on who they beat/lost to. All I know for sure is that I eliminated nathan and tiep eliminated michael. I don't know if it would be too early to place tiep on the list but his performance and past performances aren't something we should look past.

That's all I have for now until I can see the bracket for this tournament.

robyextreme

Smash Ace
so if sion quits I r champion of BC? loool

feels kind of lame being top 3, considering tony, manuel, eric, john, tiep, ryan, tim are all better then me. (if they played again or took the game more seriously)

madj ***** btw

Yakal

Torquasm-Rao
I know how you feel, Roby. I feel the same way but that's how it is sometimes and while it may feel like we didn't deserve to move up the PR everyone has improved a ton and while we didn't dominate the upper PR and pass them in skill we improved to the point where our placings on this new list wouldn't be entirely out of the question. Know what I mean?

Also, many of you guys have beaten those players. You've beaten manuel, Evan has beaten tony, and Adam recently beat sion (sandbag or not that's kinda tough).

Top Bottom