• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BC Melee Rankings: Late Fall 2012

Diakonos

Smash Lord
To clarify:

We're updating after the July 10th tournament, putting emphasis on results from BCPM and that tournament?

Diakonos

Smash Lord
We'd better make sure Tiep agrees, too! Else, from his silence, he can choose to agree or disagree after the fact!

Diakonos

Smash Lord
This is a classical example of a false dichotomy.

Ryan: A or B?
Manuel: C.

It was just a joke, playing off what happened last time we wanted to update lol. You can save your petty insults for recess time!

Patooty

Smash Ace
It was just a joke
Right, but I'll answer anyways.

There's no reasonable basis that I could disagree on. Yes we should be updating and yes there should be emphasis on these two tournaments. That means, yes I didn't forget how you performed at BCPM, Manuel.

....Also your performance Adam. lollllllllllllllll

Patooty

Smash Ace
Sorry guys, failed at going to this one. Poor planning on my part :(

Anyways, according to results:
1. Manuel
2. Tony

I can't judge too much else on this tournament.
I don't recall there being any other PR-worthy thing that happened at BCPM except Adam doing bad. How did he do this tourney?

Panelists who were at this tourney, any input on suggested position changes?

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
Sorry guys, failed at going to this one. Poor planning on my part :(

Anyways, according to results:
1. Manuel
2. Tony

I can't judge too much else on this tournament.
I don't recall there being any other PR-worthy thing that happened at BCPM except Adam doing bad. How did he do this tourney?

Panelists who were at this tourney, any input on suggested position changes?
I agree with that..

For the other placings I was told by John that he quit? Should he be off the PR then?

Also Even though I played the worst tournament ever on Saturday.. I'm starting to think Sion should be higher then me for his consistency and the fact that he beat me two tournaments in a row. What do you guys think?

Adam did decent this tournament.. he carried me in teams haha and beat Yakal this time haha... Oh and he lost to Manuel and myself..

So that's my thoughts so far..

Diakonos

Smash Lord
I'm thinking

1. Manuel
2. Tony
3. Evan/Eric
4. Evan/Eric
5. Ryan
6. Tiep/Roby
7. Tiep/Roby
8. Adam
9. Evan W
10. Yakal

Something to that effect.

Iirc, Sion has performed better than Eric on the last two tournaments they both attended, and also beat him in both of those tournaments.

Roby also did extremely well the tournament before BCPM. I know we were considering him above Tiep. Since we have nothing to go on from this past tournament, what's the decision? How did Tiep do at BCPM?

Adam stepped it up this tournament, and lost to myself and Eric. That's not too shabby. He beat Yakal this time.

Let me know about agreements/disagreements, and when I can update.

booshk

Smash Lord
good list manuel, but shouldn't daltsy be in there somewhere? if he continues to be active..

yeah maybe sion>eric at the moment.. erics been slacking! :p

Patooty

Smash Ace
Manuel, everyone did as expected at BCPM except for you, Adam and Yakal I think.

Some quick thoughts... I'll try to pull this into something more coherent later...

In this tourney, Meta outplaced Yakal. IMO this doesn't matter. Both players performed as expected so there's no arguing one way or another. Yakal has the one-up on Meta from BCPM. I haven't played either player enough recently to make a good judgement on who's better skill-wise. I haven't seen many of their recent matches either.

Adam performed as expected.

Manuel performed better than expected for the 2nd time in a row.

Daltsy seems to only attend half the tournaments that are held, but always consistently places decently. Whether or not he's on is purely a matter of activity.

If John doesn't wanna be on let's not keep him on. The panelists have a decent idea of where he is and can judge the people facing him accordingly when considering his opponents.

When I say someone performed "as expected", "better than expected", or "worse than expected", I'm considering what the expectation is for them on the PR, and then purely going off of that person's own bracket. (Who they faced, won/lost to). In this sense placing doesn't matter. If I'm actually at the tourney ( -___- ) then I'll also factor in how they actually played during the match, not just the win or the loss.

Sion performed better than expected.

Yakal

Torquasm-Rao
Watch doubles matches? Do those mean anything? lol a few of mine are up and I did stuff in that, just as well, I did stuff in singles too (except against adam. ***)
lol

I like tieps posts

and is john quitting for good??

dieslow

Smash Ace
1. Manuel
2. Tony
3. Sion
4. Eric
5. Ryan
6. Tiep/Roby
7. Tiep/Roby