• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BBR Weekly Character Discussion #4: Pit

TheOriginalSmasher

Smash Ace
Sorry to say, but right now the tier list is an ordering of how well each character does against Meta Knight, and the tier list will stay that way until MK is gone, as that is basically the only thing that matters in the current tournament metagame.
Seriously?

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=226315

That is what the tier list SHOULD be based more on.

Not match ups based on only MK.

(Or am I reading this wrong?)

dualseeker

Smash Ace
Pit: One of the greatest Heroes of our time
I'm the only Pit player in the BBR and have been for a long time. I'm refusing because my opinions are ignored when I do present them. I do however help anyone that asks me directly. The Pit boards only really have themselves to blame. A lot of the better Pits at the time like Rogue, Sagemoon and Esca tried to help other players here out and words more or less fell on deaf ears so why waste our time?
I actually have to agree with R@vyn here. Even I see this on the Pit boards now a days. Most of the people here don't take some of the information people give them seriously, which is why people don't like to come here in general. It either is flamed, or ignored. Even I don't like to post things here because of the usual flaming that goes on here. And my friend asks me about things before he posts them here because he doesn't want to be flamed. I just hope the Pit boards improve on this, because this is what happens in the end.

Tetsion

Smash Journeyman
I actually have to agree with R@vyn here. Even I see this on the Pit boards now a days. Most of the people here don't take some of the information people give them seriously, which is why people don't like to come here in general. It either is flamed, or ignored. Even I don't like to post things here because of the usual flaming that goes on here. And my friend asks me about things before he posts them here because he doesn't want to be flamed. I just hope the Pit boards improve on this, because this is what happens in the end.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=285264

This thread does not help the situation, or help me take what someone say's seriously. Despite the topic name I actually seriously took arrow canceling seriously, I was thinking it was a frame advantage so pit could get out of shooting arrow's somehow faster. Ended up being trolled.

Pit boards need a moderator. The Xat chat got spammed to hell in the social thread. Everyone is finding the pit boards as a joke. Which is why people aren't taken seriously. (Well not everyone)

That is why I lurk instead of offer any opinion these days, in all honesty. Only place I talk is social because of this.

I'm not worried about flaming but everything on here is honestly a joke, it's been said before and it's still going on now.

I will take people seriously when a moderator is around. "Top pit" players aren't really helpful at all. So therefore match-up's and Pit's overall metagame won't advance. He will stay at best a mediocre character, because only mediocre people play him. No one with overall good smash skill's will play him and those that do, are not helpful.

/End rant.

Nikenick

Smash Journeyman
Yeah we definitely need a moderator on the pit boards. I see a lot of one-liners/threads that are worthless/flaming/trolling on the pit boards.

That's mainly the reason why people here don't contribute, and that's why this should change. I honestly don't contribute that much here because most of the threads are dead or worthless. Or the only discussion that's going on is from mediocre players that don't know much about Pit at all but talk like they do(no offense). I see so much false information on this boards =/

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801

Lenus Altair

Smash Ace
I'd just like to throw out Earth's performance at Apex for consideration. He bested quite a few big name players and he is not even considered the best Pit in Japan. Honestly I think the problem here in the states is that there are next to no Pits at or near that level to represent him.

Pit needs better players.

Also, I know on Ankoku list that's Pits tournament results in the states are well below his tier, but I'm curious as to how many Pit mains there are realitive to those in his tier, or in general for that matter.

TheOriginalSmasher

Smash Ace
I personally am starting to play Pit a little bit. I love him, he can Glide, has Mario's Cape ****, Defidently one of the best projectiles, (imo), and with techs like the wing landing, he is just a great character. Defidently deserves to be higher.

Katana_koden

Smash Ace
I love how people find simple answers to accept pit. If you need any help with stuff, just ask. ^_^ pit imo ***** like marth without tilts, mk without 3 extra flaps, olimar camp without grab range. Arrow loop fun for the epic lol.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Disapointed Dazwa didn't join in this discussion considering he's played with(against and teamed with) KoolAid before and might have some better insight than other BR members.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
It's because it still feels like I barely understand the character at all. I pretty much wing it against Koolaid's Pit whenever I play against him. I probably have a better understanding of Pit+ than I do Pit >_>

BTW Koolaid goes MK in doubles when I team with him.

Top Bottom