• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BBR thinks Bowserciding should be decided by controller port

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Eh, I'm alright with that.

But Green Greens and Port Town Aero Dive being legal? Yeah, forget that.

And no limit to grabbing the ledge? Eww.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Defiantly stupid. That stage list looks pretty sexy imo o.o.
PTAD encourages camping. There are stages that can be like "if you try to hit the opponent while he's camping you're putting yourself in a bad position". PTAD is like "if you try to hit your opponent while he's camping you'll probably die at 35%".

Norfair wasn't an unfairly banned stage. It was initally part of the counterpick list but everyone that voted seems to have forgotten that. It was banned because of ledge camping, not because of lava.

Green Greens has the permanent bomb wall glitch which is an immediate red flag but BBR thinks that it doesn't matter enough apparently?

I remember circle camping was a big deal about Luigi's Mansion, I'm not sure if destroying one half of the mansion really helps because your opponent can just destroy the other half and reset the whole thing. I'll wait to see it abused though.

I have no personal issue with Distant Planet. You have to be a moron to be killed by the Bulborb and the rain/pellets stops walk-off camping. Some say you can circle camp on it but it seems easy to stop for me.

Those are my issues with the stage list.

PTAD encourages camping. There are stages that can be like "if you try to hit the opponent while he's camping you're putting yourself in a bad position". PTAD is like "if you try to hit your opponent while he's camping you'll probably die at 35%".
I main Samus, you said nothing but good things for me. This is where our opinions will split.

Norfair wasn't an unfairly banned stage. It was initally part of the counterpick list but everyone that voted seems to have forgotten that. It was banned because of ledge camping, not because of lava.
I've always loved Norfair, it's so much easier to time the clock there then most other stages.

Green Greens has the permanent bomb wall glitch which is an immediate red flag but BBR thinks that it doesn't matter enough apparently?
Delfino has that drop through glitch, which occurs very oftenly, and it has taken tourny sets off me. So you can imagine the bomb glitch doesn't bother me in the slightest.

I remember circle camping was a big deal about Luigi's Mansion, I'm not sure if destroying one half of the mansion really helps because your opponent can just destroy the other half and reset the whole thing. I'll wait to see it abused though.
Luigi's mansion is the one stage I think they messed up on tbh. You can live until INSANE percentages with the house up, and even when it's broken it respawns very quickly.

I have no personal issue with Distant Planet. You have to be a moron to be killed by the Bulborb and the rain/pellets stops walk-off camping. Some say you can circle camp on it but it seems easy to stop for me.

Those are my issues with the stage list.
I personally hate Distant Planet. It makes gimping with Samus all that much harder because of the ledge positions. had they been the other way around, where the bottom ledge was longer then the top ledge, I would have been fine with it. That's just a character thing however, I support the BBRs decision on that stage.

Flayl

Smash Hero
The drop through glitch has occured to me on Castle Siege more than anywhere else.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Yeah. Most of the time if you're on the ground and the transition starts, the completely flat transition part of the stage will hold you up, but a few times (I haven't understood why yet) it will drag you down instead and if you're in lag it's a stock.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I've had it happen to me on Rainbow Cruise and Castle Siege, and it happened to someone at my Smashfest last night on Delfino.

RC was really weird, though. A Ganon grabbed my Ivysaur and grab released me on the upper part of the stage...and then Ivysaur warped underneath the floor and couldn't recover.

Oh I've had it happen on RC, that one is very stupid however :/.

Theres also one on Pokemon Stadium, not sure about 2 though.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Where does it say it's decided by port? It says that the match will be honored by the victory screen. Bowser suicide klaws and takes the opponent with him. Bowser wins on the victory screen. Woot.
That doesn't happen every time. Depending on port priority, Bowser will win, lose, or go to Sudden Death.

D

Deleted member

Huh..it's never happened to me.

Either way, it's stupid.

B!squick

Smash Master
Ugh, Green Greens. I still have nightmares occasionally of MrEh's game verse a DeDeDe there.

And thank GOD they got rid of the rule about Bowserciding, I was getting SERIOUSLY concerned about all those Bowser players winning all the time.

... wait...

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Yo, have you SEEN that CP list?

I'm co-maining Dedede now. Let's rock that Green Greens.

PTAD CHAINGRAB ALL DAY SON YES

Wait, I can do all of that with Bowser. o

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
Even though I play Bowser I absolutely love this ruleset. It's almost exactly the same ruleset as I've been running at my tournaments with much criticism. Top stuff BBR.
Brawl's a bad game competitively (in my opinion) but I still love it. I think we need to accept it as the flawed game it is without going to town on the rules to try and cut and mould it into what some consider competitive.

B!squick

Smash Master
Wait, why do you love it? No ledge grab limit. Klaw win not guaranteed. D: Stage list doesn't mean much considering less than half of the Back Room voted. :/

swordgard

Smash Hero
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=282811

Yeah it's stupid, but whatever. I've yet to see a tournament that employs the recommended ruleset 100%.
Except you have yet to bring any type of argument.

The bruden of proof that bowser should have a bowsercide rule is upon you, not us. We have found no reason to arbitrarily buff bowser's suivice considering
A) A surgical change
B) Snake players have to fight for their port, I don't see what's the difference here
C)There are weaker/stronger characters and we don't boost/nerf them, so we are consistent.

Bring evidence, reasonnings and so on before whining please.

Flayl

Smash Hero

The bruden of proof that bowser should have a bowsercide rule is upon you, not us. We have found no reason to arbitrarily buff bowser's suivice considering
A) A surgical change
B) Snake players have to fight for their port, I don't see what's the difference here
C)There are weaker/stronger characters and we don't boost/nerf them, so we are consistent.

Because RPS'ing for ports is not competitive. In fact, it's avoided when possible. That was even the BBR's reasoning for having the rule in the first place.

DC.Eden

Smash Cadet

A) A surgical change

I've seen a lot of people post about hazards on stages such as aero and what the bbr responded with was "well if you were put in that position to be hit by the hazard by your opponent, then you were outplayed".

Well if bowser managed to koopa klaw you for the suicide kill, Then weren't you outplayed? Same thing for ganon too.

Explain to me how doing RPS for a port is competitive because honestly I don't see it.

Isn't control over bowser's klaw decided over percent anyways..

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Control over where the Klaw goes is decided by the percents, yes. But who comes out on top when the both of you die is a different story.

Easy solution; TO's don't have to use the BBR Ruleset. It's not like their tournament is null and void if they don't. That's why they put the Recommended in the title. OBVIOUSLY some, or many TO's will use the ruleset once to see how things go, but if they actually end up using it for most tournaments, then we'll have no choice to adapt.

It's how this **** goes. People are afraid of change or imposing change at first, and then others just learn to adapt, for better or worse.

Now with all that deep talk out of the way, I still think the BBR is ********. But hey, I can't do much anyway. Oh well.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
But I'm too lazy to jump ;p

na jk. I guess that's a valid point. lol

B!squick

Smash Master
Are you sure you can ALWAYS jump out Phiddle? I haven't been able to on random occasions, but I'm pretty sure you're the goto guy for Bowserciding.

Top Bottom