• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bayonetta Summons the Climax! Updated OT. - (Old Bayonetta Support Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Go ahead and add me as a supporter.
I most certainly will! I'm glad that you are a supporter now! I hope you can speculate with us! I'm thrilled that people is coming over from Solid Snake's thread!

@ Wolfie557 Wolfie557 how is that support sign coming along?

This Thread is slowly but surely making or surely making progression guys! I want to do the text of the OP Bayonetta's Signature Colors!

JBRPG

Smash Journeyman
I wonder if its possible to add in my contribution for smash moves due to it being a more idea-oriented than a template.

Also I had one other thing in mind about Smash: magic color and enemies of Bayonetta.

The majority of the Umbran magic has a red color to it and strongly resembles blood color.

We know Angels are defeated with explosion of red human-like blood and Demons die with red blood-colored darkness energy.

If any of these are to make it into smash, there will have to be a removal of blood colors and blood-related effects.

Changes for Smash appearance:

The angels would explode in golden clouds with plenty of white sparkles and feathers when defeated since it still has the exaggeration elements of a cartoon as well as giving off a more angelic vibe.

The demons' explosion would be violet-colored since purple is a common color representing darkness. The explosion particles will be purple and black with a bright purple flame core.

In bayonetta 1, the umbran magic efects were red, which was primarily used to summon the monsters. Bayonetta 2 changed it to purple to contrast against the demons as well as adding in some feminine aspects while still connecting with darkness. Purple would be the most likely color of magic for any attack involving Umbran witchcraft, which includes summoning demons or even the muzzle bangs of the witch guns. The roses might be the only thing that would stay red since it is not a blood-related effect, but it could always be slighly brighter to resemble pink-red.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
I wonder if its possible to add in my contribution for smash moves due to it being a more idea-oriented than a template.

Also I had one other thing in mind about Smash: magic color and enemies of Bayonetta.

The majority of the Umbran magic has a red color to it and strongly resembles blood color.

We know Angels are defeated with explosion of red human-like blood and Demons die with red blood-colored darkness energy.

If any of these are to make it into smash, there will have to be a removal of blood colors and blood-related effects.

Changes for Smash appearance:

The angels would explode in golden clouds with plenty of white sparkles and feathers when defeated since it still has the exaggeration elements of a cartoon as well as giving off a more angelic vibe.

The demons' explosion would be violet-colored since purple is a common color representing darkness. The explosion particles will be purple and black with a bright purple flame core.

In bayonetta 1, the umbran magic efects were red, which was primarily used to summon the monsters. Bayonetta 2 changed it to purple to contrast against the demons as well as adding in some feminine aspects while still connecting with darkness. Purple would be the most likely color of magic for any attack involving Umbran witchcraft, which includes summoning demons or even the muzzle bangs of the witch guns. The roses might be the only thing that would stay red since it is not a blood-related effect, but it could always be slighly brighter to resemble pink-red.
Sure! If you have any idea's for a moveset post them and i'll be sure to add them to the Thread OP! The only thing that i think really hurts Bayonetta's chances is the Demon Summoning's and Bayonetta using alot of Witchcraft in her moves! I don't think they really refer to "Witchcraft" in the games i'm not sure!

FeenieTheTrite

Smash Journeyman
I haven't played Bayonetta yet, but I've been planning to buy the Bayoneta 1-2 with my next paycheck. I've been interested in the series for a while. From what i've seen of it, It looks absolutely insane, hilarious, and over-the-top. Bayonetta looks like a fabulously awesome character as well. Since I haven't actually played Bayonetta yet (Though I did play the demo, it was awesome), I can't say that i'm 100% a supporter yet. But I love action games and Bayonetta looks like an outstanding game! So just consider me a future supporter or something.

Last edited:

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
i dont know if its obvious or not, but please, add me as a supporter!

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
So no feedback? Alright. I will make changes later today. For this thread I will make multiple banners and profile pics in due time.

In the meantime Sky fox please request permission for any sig things from the arty section of smashboards and move that signature out of the Ixbran moveset spoiler into where you will put sig and profile banners.

Last edited:

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I think we will be fine. When it comes to Bayos ... assets, she shows off less than ZSSamus when it comes to clothing.

Unlike Thraja, Bayonetta doesnt have something riding up her rear to accent it.
I hope so, for my part Bayonetta gets one vote.

Krystal0290

Smash Cadet
NNID
ShadowMario90
I got no problem having Bayonetta in Smash. I first played the game on XBOX360.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Last edited:

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Here's a couple of things i've found. (I am still making mine) Also take a look at bluepikmins post here: http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...ly-being-updated.327776/page-16#post-19233137

View attachment 70195 < by Ninty lolView attachment 70196 View attachment 70197 <- by @N3ON (if I remember correctly, can we use it in this OP pls?)

--- ----- ------- ------ ------

Perhaps there should be a collection of Bayonetta newcomer splashscreens, or at least the best 3?
Yes! I will add all of those to the Theread sometime another! I should be able to get everything typed up in the OP in about a day or so. I have a much faster PC now! I have a supporter list right next to me and a list of ideas i want to add to the OP.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Once your done I will tell you me secret ideas, for the greater good. hour or 2 and my stuff's for sigs are done.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
I just thought of a new mechanic: what if Bayonetta 3 had an animal transformation that allowed you to burrow into the ground? Imagine the possibilities that would bring--both in and out of battle. You could dig and find hidden treasures or secret passages--or you could burrow below your enemies and give them a painful surprise.

Hmm, perhaps it could be called The Badger Within.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
They could go with a wolf for that, though that might be difficult to tell apart from a panther in terms of appearance. Still, it's not like they've shied away from referencing their other games.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
I have updated the thread for tonight! I've talked about "sexiluation" and "guns" my take on it and how i think it could be solved. @ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 i have went back to earlier in the Summer and i have a few questions. Who is @Spazzy_D? I've included your Article on "Case For Bayonetta" i've nearly just about counterd everything he's said in my take on it (look at the OP) Who is that user though?

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I have done my stuff for the thread, finally. Which one is your fav? Feel free to use & spread the word. (not sure if they fit in smashboards sig area tho..)
bannerOG.jpg

bannerRed.png

bannershadow.jpg

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
I think now that we should try to get Artsy Omni to Smashified Bayonetta next! She did beat Snake in the contest and that was sometime in late july when that contest was going on! It would really get her more popular plus the timing would be perfect since the ballot is about to close up! @ Wolfie557 Wolfie557 has the Twitter Page maybe we should all try tweeting at Artys trying getting him to smashify Bayonetta next! Every character Artys Smashifys gets really popular!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I think now that we should try to get Artsy Omni to Smashified Bayonetta next! She did beat Snake in the contest and that was sometime in late july when that contest was going on! It would really get her more popular plus the timing would be perfect since the ballot is about to close up! @ Wolfie557 Wolfie557 has the Twitter Page maybe we should all try tweeting at Artys trying getting him to smashify Bayonetta next! Every character Artys Smashifys gets really popular!
While we can start rallying up those request for Bayonetta, there is a bit of a problem. Smashified's last tweet after the release of Bomberman said that the main focus of future Smashifieds would be first party while noting that Bomberman would be the last third party in a while. While I'm not saying that it can't happen, I am just giving a heads up that it will take a while for the witch to have her time to shine. :/

https://twitter.com/smashified/status/624423959484866560

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Looking at this thread, is there anyone interested in making banners for others characters? Not sure if to go and ask in the artists' section after I was called greedy in the Nsider forums around 10 years ago.

It is almost a year of the release of the Bayonetta games on Nintendo... the year sure flew by sadly. I know how hard I campaign for Sophitia but after all the way Nintendo has backed Bayonetta, I would not mind if Bayonetta gets over her. With the rumor on Scalebound getting canned, maybe Hideki will soften up and let Bayonetta be on Smash Bros some day... and maybe Jeanne as an alternate skin.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Looking at this thread, is there anyone interested in making banners for others characters? Not sure if to go and ask in the artists' section after I was called greedy in the Nsider forums around 10 years ago.

It is almost a year of the release of the Bayonetta games on Nintendo... the year sure flew by sadly. I know how hard I campaign for Sophitia but after all the way Nintendo has backed Bayonetta, I would not mind if Bayonetta gets over her. With the rumor on Scalebound getting canned, maybe Hideki will soften up and let Bayonetta be on Smash Bros some day... and maybe Jeanne as an alternate skin.
Who is Sophitia? If you don't me asking. Hedeki actually wouldn't mind Bayonetta or one of his characters being in a "Nintendo Game" he's quoted something like this before! Are you a supporter for Bayonetta now? Do you want me to add you too the supporter list?

Altais

Smash Champion
Sophitia is a recurring playable character in the Soul Calibur series. [Shrugs] Personally, I don't see anybody from that series making it in Smash, since it's not nearly as popular Street Fighter.

I really hope Nintendo buys Bayonetta from Sega. The biggest reason why I want her in Smash, other than moveset potential, is to increase the likelihood of that happening, and thus the continuation of the Bayonetta series.

Last edited:

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
The thread is near completion. I just have to add a supporter list finally then it will be completed!

UPDATE: The Thread is now completed!

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I can't press the like button of the op enough. Great job! There's a couple spelling mistakes and not sure about the custom made thing lol.

It is NEVER complete.

Last edited:

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Who is Sophitia? If you don't me asking. Hedeki actually wouldn't mind Bayonetta or one of his characters being in a "Nintendo Game" he's quoted something like this before! Are you a supporter for Bayonetta now? Do you want me to add you too the supporter list?
Like @ Altais Altais already said it, yes Sophitia is a character from Soul Calibur. A game in which Link was a guest star, hence it will be nice if someone from there gets to be in the game. For me it would be Sophitia, but as Altais mentions; she really is not popular to the point of extreme dislike for the way she dresses. When Bayonetta is a way more sexually open character, when everyone including myself wants her in.

I was just mentioning her because I was looking for someone interested in making me art of herself for my campaign. But I do not even know how to recruit someone.

Back on Bayonetta, yes you can add me if I was not already listed and who do you see as an AT? Jeanne, Luca, Rodin, Enzo or Loki?

Jazzhand

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jazzhand
3DS FC
2767-1532-6118
Bayo makes way more sense as a marvel vs capcom character than a smash character.

despite the ignorance of the OP, Bayo in fact has enough moves to easily belong in such a calibre of a fighting game. Putting her in smash is over simplifying her.

And as a general fyi, just because its been published by nintendo doesn't mean it "should" be a smash character.

Altais

Smash Champion
Like @ Altais Altais already said it, yes Sophitia is a character from Soul Calibur. A game in which Link was a guest star, hence it will be nice if someone from there gets to be in the game. For me it would be Sophitia, but as Altais mentions; she really is not popular to the point of extreme dislike for the way she dresses. When Bayonetta is a way more sexually open character, when everyone including myself wants her in.
Just to make one thing clear, I don't dislike Sophitia in any way; I simply don't see her--or any SC character--as likely. Personally, I like a character for their personality, not their appearance. If we did get an SC character, I'd want it to be Tira, since I think she'd be very unique, given her weapon.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Bayo makes way more sense as a marvel vs capcom character than a smash character.

despite the ignorance of the OP, Bayo in fact has enough moves to easily belong in such a calibre of a fighting game. Putting her in smash is over simplifying her.

And as a general fyi, just because its been published by nintendo doesn't mean it "should" be a smash character.
Last paragraph is pretty shallow minded of you imo.

Jazzhand

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jazzhand
3DS FC
2767-1532-6118
Last paragraph is pretty shallow minded of you imo.
shallow would imply that I'm saying a blanket statement like every nintendo published character should be a smash character. What I'm saying is that things fit their niches, and smash characters go into a specific niche.

Your use of the word shallow is puzzling. What's shallow is the want of a smash character without any proper consideration of the implication of the precedent it creates.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000

Bayonetta could not be in Marvel vs Capcom. She's a SEGA character not a Capcom character. If you read my thread i'm not saying Bayonetta should be in Smash Brothers because she had Bayonetta 2 published. I gave list of reasons.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Just to make one thing clear, I don't dislike Sophitia in any way; I simply don't see her--or any SC character--as likely. Personally, I like a character for their personality, not their appearance. If we did get an SC character, I'd want it to be Tira, since I think she'd be very unique, given her weapon.
I am not saying you hate her rather than her post-Game Cube era attires do make her seen weird and it is a clear reason why many want her to stay away. I am not bothered on Tira, if anything I do know she would bring something new. Was seeing at Viola but oddly Rosalina fights in a way which reesembles what I imagined on her.

In a way yeah Bayonetta is more covered than Sophitia but Bayonetta was always inteded to be a rather sexual character, yet is seen as a good Candidate despite her own creator no longer wants her in. I am going to write about this on her respective thread.

Back on Bayonetta, while she is a Sega character; we can still see at 2D fighters to see inspiration for moves on Bayonetta. Oddly I see Shuma Gorath himself as a way for Bayonetta to attack with her hair, just replacing that for SG's tentacles. From the SkullGirls games, I can see Cerebella and Fillia as other characters which could work to make Bayonetta work as a fighter in Smash Bros. Not sure on other games which could work as inspiration... there was the odd NES game Quantum Fighter Kabuki but that could be a stretch.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Tweeter (not me): "What do you think of people who put graphics before game play?"

Kamiya: "Nothing."

Spoken like a true gamer.
Awwww man, I was hoping for him to call them momma's boys. Oh well, his answer is the best one to the whole graphics obsession with most games.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
When I typed in Bayonetta at the smashboards search box, this thread was the last result.

tumblr_ne8lzo5yDh1t6xtc8o1_500.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom