• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bay Area Smash: Let's get some regular smashfests going

nehinbin

Smash Apprentice
what's the best way to contact you
Send me a message with your name, number, and availability.

Sun or anyone at SJSU, do you stay near campus on weekends like Saturdays and Sundays or you all pretty much going home for the weekend. I may go home back to SJ on some weekends but I'm not sure yet.
I'm usually back in Fremont on the weekends. There are others who stay in SJ but I don't know if they play on weekends.

octolink

Smash Rookie
I live in Santa Clara. I'm pretty good at Melee and Brawl, but I couldn't go all the way in a Tournament or anything. I think I could get I don't know, 4th place on a good day which is probably stretching it considering all the true contenders here in Cali. I would love to play with someone new.... I pretty much have only one guy I've somewhat regularly played with since I moved out here around three years ago. I'd say he's a bit better than me but we pretty much always play after we've had a few drinks and stuff so I'ts a lot more casual than a balls to the wall match. I'm somewhat tired of playing the same guy with the same mains and strategies. Would love some new battle pals or whatever the kids are callin' em' these days.

joeplicate

Smash Master
my dad actually lives in santa clara, i think we could work something out!!

even if we don't play soon (i'm pretty busy with school), would you be interested in going to the CGC tournament this weekend? we could carpool out :)

Violence

Smash Lord
Whoever changed the topic title knows the truth about Melee.

Octolink: Hope you enjoy playing with new people in the Bay, seriously the nicest and most awesome smashers I've met are in Norcal.

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
need to do some stuff during the morning/early afternoon saturday so i doubt i'm going to cgc. . .anyone want to smash at my place?

also, yes kurtis got his sweater and my controller is working again, though it spazzes out sometimes

octolink

Smash Rookie
Whoever changed the topic title knows the truth about Melee.

Octolink: Hope you enjoy playing with new people in the Bay, seriously the nicest and most awesome smashers I've met are in Norcal.
So I've heard, It seems like a real cool scene around here based solely on the online presence I've seen. I really need to brush up on my Melee though. I've been playing Brawl pretty much exclusively for about the last year because I left a couple of my Gamecube games with my family like a fool, Melee included :c Time to get practicing or no fun times for me.

joeplicate

Smash Master
so, how's everybody getting to the tournament saturday? lol

it looks like i may have a public transportation date with Mr. Miles Brown after all :0

:)

BlueMycon

Smash Apprentice
Bluemycon - how often do you come downtown? Wanna play sometime this weekend if time permits?
I don't come downtown that often, but I'll use any excuse I can to go down there lol. I'm not sure if I have much time this weekend. I am free to smash tonight if you are. Otherwise, I might have time tomorrow or sunday but I'm not sure yet. When are you free this weekend?

Miharu

Smash Hero
any specific days chris??
hm let's see

monday/tuesday should be okay; i get out of class 10:45 on monday and sometime in the afternoon on tuesday ( i have an exam, but not quite sure if we still have lab afterwards).

i'm getting a ****ing root canal on wednesday, and some other misc dental work done on thursday, so probably no for those 2 days

TheGoat

Smash Ace
If I knew a **** about coding and stuff, I'd ponder starting a new smash forum. Probably just dedicated to melee, but more importantly, much more laid back, etc etc. There's been quite a bit of tension on smashboards lately over trivial stuff...it's not the same kind of laid back atmosphere you feel when you're actually hanging out with other melee players. This isn't what the melee community needs at this point and time, and for heavens sake, every melee player is old enough I'm sure to be sick of the censors.

I love smashboards indeed, but I feel that it's holding back the liveliness of the melee community.

joeplicate

Smash Master
If I knew a **** about coding and stuff, I'd ponder starting a new smash forum. Probably just dedicated to melee, but more importantly, much more laid back, etc etc. There's been quite a bit of tension on smashboards lately over trivial stuff...it's not the same kind of laid back atmosphere you feel when you're actually hanging out with other melee players. This isn't what the melee community needs at this point and time, and for heavens sake, every melee player is old enough I'm sure to be sick of the censors.

I love smashboards indeed, but I feel that it's holding back the liveliness of the melee community.
quoted for emphasis

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Top Bottom