• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BattleGrounds - Long island, NY - Jun 21, 08 - BRAWL

Patsie

Smash Journeyman
I'm looking to go to this and maybe an NYC weekly the day before.

If anyone can't go because of transportation I can take a few people if you're around the Huntington area.

WarioGamer64

Smash Cadet
I think Brawl is very competitive, more mindgames with the new air dodging system, smash finally has WARIO! So overall I think Brawl is better than Melee. Melee did have alot more Techs, but o well...

Patsie

Smash Journeyman
I think Brawl is very competitive, more mindgames with the new air dodging system, smash finally has WARIO! So overall I think Brawl is better than Melee. Melee did have alot more Techs, but o well...
There are like 6 million threads in the general boards on this topic; I don't think you need to argue it here.

Don't get me wrong, I actually agree with you (not that Melee is bad, I just think Brawl caters more to my playstyle), but I don't think this is the place.

Darkest

Smash Apprentice
So i was planning to goto this..but my car is out til the end of the weekend. So if anyone is going there by sunrise highway and can give me a ride that would be mad cool. I can pay for some gas and such.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
just a suggestion not trying to push anything on anyone, boxob you should ask da beast for a falcon ditto i know he plays him very well.

Also nice to see some people i know are very good are coming to this one. This should be fun

battlegrounds

Smash Cadet
Sry i wasnt on lately but thanks for another great turn out
27 singles
6 Doubles

And there is ONLY lagg if the wiis are not set to work with our tvs other then that we only use these TV's for BRAWL everything else gets played on out 19' singles monitor where everyone has there own screen. So if you going to complain about lagg maybe you should have said something when you were here and maybe i would have fixed it ^^

battlegrounds

Smash Cadet
Look for BG near you.

I"ll go if you guys fix those tv's get tube tvs so they dont lag please
As of now we have closed our doors for good, thanks mostly to a large theft earlier this week. Whoever you are, we hope you are proud of yourselves. We would like to thank everyone for their support over the years and we will miss all of you.

R.I.P Parallax
BattleGrounds is set to Open a second store in the Nassau Country in the sunrise mall

WarioGamer64

Smash Cadet
I heard some mad funny **** is happening over there................. lololol
Yeah some lame **** was going on. Some DDD chaingrabbed like 40 times in one match. A Snake spammed his upsmash to death. Nice job spamming. So in order to be good nowadays, u must spam everything. BTW, I used to own u (Eli) online all the time before u just stopped playing...

Zro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4356-1415-1117
Yeah some lame **** was going on. Some DDD chaingrabbed like 40 times in one match. A Snake spammed his upsmash to death. Nice job spamming. So in order to be good nowadays, u must spam everything. BTW, I used to own u (Eli) online all the time before u just stopped playing...
lmfaooo u seriously *****ing? man ur just mad cus ur really bad in every game u play, u got ***** in all ur matches, and im pretty sure u never beat eli ever u scrub.... ****, u like to talk online but in person ur a pu$$y... not me tho, i was talkin crap 2 you the entire day and u took it like a lil girl.... and good **** gettin destroyed by people who only play the game on saturdays =]

Ryan-K

Smash Master
i wouldnt mess with wariogamer zro i mean he's a real

No johns wariogamer you couldnt beat someone who used the same few moves over and over and over. The only thing that takes less skill than spamming is losing to it.

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
Oh hello there Wariogamer! I'm in a pretty good mood, I had a nice day. Did you have a nice day? Surely you must have had a great time getting ***** by everyone you played against. I wonder what it's like to get ****ted on all the time... you must know from this tournament experience, right?

You seem to have a lot to say over here on Smashboards... but it seems to me that if you actually show up somewhere you're mad quiet. You're that hooker that got ***** so hard in the mouth that all her teeth fell out and she isn't saying a **** word, metaphorically speaking that is.

And this whole "I used to own u" deal.... dude, wtf is wrong with you? Do you even know what happens in the matches that you play against anyone? If not, let me try to refresh your memory....

Remember those times when I constantly 2 stocked you with Kirby and Pit? Remember that time when your brother played me and got annihilated by my Kirby vs. his Luigi and he got SO mad that he reset the match in anger? Remember the time when you joined my game and I randomed Wario against your Wario, beat you and then the next day you IMed me and cried about it?

I surely do remember. Its times like these that bring a smile to my face... I do get pleasure out of hearing about how you get laughed at and ****-talked and just made fun of all day, and ***** really hard by like everybody. It really does bring a smile to my face.

I think it's good to smile, because I'm actually secure in my own abilities, whether it be owning in this not-as-good game or things that actually matter, like real life. Well, the way I see it, I'm glad I'm not complaining about being chaingrabbed in a video game and saying that everyone who gets a victory over me is cheap. Or that I'm not going to a tournament and getting ***** by everybody while keeping my mouth shut while everybody makes fun of me. I'd say that's like the bottom of the ladder if you catch my drift?

Anyway, let's hear you make up stories about how you "owned" me online when brawl first came out or something... because I'm definitely ready to admit that you won a few matches against me. But lets see you blow that dumb **** out of proportion.

And remember....

SMILE!

:)

PS: Please don't make 10 more screen names and IM me with all of them crying about different characters and stuff. Thanks.

WarioGamer64

Smash Cadet
Oh hello there Wariogamer! I'm in a pretty good mood, I had a nice day. Did you have a nice day? Surely you must have had a great time getting ***** by everyone you played against. I wonder what it's like to get ****ted on all the time... you must know from this tournament experience, right?

You seem to have a lot to say over here on Smashboards... but it seems to me that if you actually show up somewhere you're mad quiet. You're that hooker that got ***** so hard in the mouth that all her teeth fell out and she isn't saying a **** word, metaphorically speaking that is.

And this whole "I used to own u" deal.... dude, wtf is wrong with you? Do you even know what happens in the matches that you play against anyone? If not, let me try to refresh your memory....

Remember those times when I constantly 2 stocked you with Kirby and Pit? Remember that time when your brother played me and got annihilated by my Kirby vs. his Luigi and he got SO mad that he reset the match in anger? Remember the time when you joined my game and I randomed Wario against your Wario, beat you and then the next day you IMed me and cried about it?

I surely do remember. Its times like these that bring a smile to my face... I do get pleasure out of hearing about how you get laughed at and ****-talked and just made fun of all day, and ***** really hard by like everybody. It really does bring a smile to my face.

I think it's good to smile, because I'm actually secure in my own abilities, whether it be owning in this not-as-good game or things that actually matter, like real life. Well, the way I see it, I'm glad I'm not complaining about being chaingrabbed in a video game and saying that everyone who gets a victory over me is cheap. Or that I'm not going to a tournament and getting ***** by everybody while keeping my mouth shut while everybody makes fun of me. I'd say that's like the bottom of the ladder if you catch my drift?

Anyway, let's hear you make up stories about how you "owned" me online when brawl first came out or something... because I'm definitely ready to admit that you won a few matches against me. But lets see you blow that dumb **** out of proportion.

And remember....

SMILE!

:)

PS: Please don't make 10 more screen names and IM me with all of them crying about different characters and stuff. Thanks.
Umm, First off I wasnt playing as well as I usually do at the tournament. I wasnt doing any of my combos, and i wasnt grabbing much, and i usually do it so well. IDK what was going on. I just sucked that day. I seem to play much better online. So if u ppl want to play me online, gimme ur code. Cuz I play Snakes that are as good, if not better than Alejandro P's Snake online all the time, and i win 9 out of 10 times. Plus he just spammed snakes upsmash anyway.

Patsie

Smash Journeyman
wowwww mad drama up in long island

free drinks were straight, ill definitely bring my wii to more tourneys, but i guess he used 'matt s' instead of my tag

i need to play more to get better, but i liked seeing how alejandro (sp?) and ryan play when i faced them, sick players.

and lol @ eli's tangent on smiling :)

im gonna try to make next week's one, but this place was in like east bumble**** for me, nice 1 hour drive

WarioGamer64

Smash Cadet
Plus I didnt even get destroyed, That snake and wario match with Alej P came down to high percent on final life, and so did one of the DDD matches. And I wasnt even playing well. Also, the first DDD match they reset cuz he threw a capsule with a clock in it, and I was winning, so wtf. If there wasnt any chaingrabbing involved, its an easy win ( for me)

Ryan-K

Smash Master
If you didn't suck you might have stood a chance in hell. We can make up theoreticals all day but you got ***** straight up. facts *****. I saw the ddd and snake play and they were playing like **** and straight up sandbaggin when playing you :laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Shut up. You got destroyed in more ways than 2 yesterday.

Online doesn't count for shiz mr. fivehead. If he was spamming so much and you knew it you should have beat him but you didn't. NO JOHNS.

patsie- yeah its because wariogamer likes talking out of his *** hes been doing this since melee. if i could suggest any one thing to new players it would to be ignore him but I had to respond after how bad some folks handed his *** on a platter to him yesterday. good **** w/ gaw tho but frigate is a good wario stage too so it probably wasnt your best cp to choose lol

WarioGamer64

Smash Cadet
Anyway, this is a Long Island tournament. So NYC players cant come. Cuz if it was just LI ppl I would have won. Would of been me or Alejandro P.

Alejandro_P

Smash Ace
I had a really good time, Good match to all the people I played, see you all next time :D

Ryank is too good in teams :D

<3 and hugs for all.

Zro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4356-1415-1117
lmfaoooo is this ni99a still complaining?
yo I can like destroy u in like more ways than 5 and imma count it down

5. both blackanese and alejandrop sandbagged on u mad od hard, and still beat ur bum a$$

4. I was talkin **** 2 u mad od hard that day and u stood quiet, than today u have the balls to tell ur brother to talk **** to me on youtube.... that **** made my luagh

3. I don't remember you winning a single match that entire day..... and if u did than they had to be REALLY BAD to lose to a bum like you

2. i thought it was cute when u tuanted when u got ur first kill, than got back aired in the jaw for doing so

1.ur soooo ****ing tough behind a computer but than in reality ur mad timid. yo if ur gonna act tough online, back that **** up in people's faces.

*extra*
You know what i would act like u too if i looked like i had down syndrome. you looked so dumb i thought u needed a helmet to either hide that big *** head or just cus u might think its a cool fashion statement. cus those clothes u was wearin was just.... wow deffinately looked like ur mom dressed you up.

btw im pretty sure if cort was to see how big ur head was, he would he would call u apple head (no offence cort, <3 you >_<)

i have like another 5 if you wanna post back and try to act tough again.... and if u wanna get fight or w.e i dont care lol, i had no problem fightin ppl in real life lol

Im from new york city, thats what we do lol

Patsie

Smash Journeyman
patsie- yeah its because wariogamer likes talking out of his *** hes been doing this since melee. if i could suggest any one thing to new players it would to be ignore him but I had to respond after how bad some folks handed his *** on a platter to him yesterday. good **** w/ gaw tho but frigate is a good wario stage too so it probably wasnt your best cp to choose lol
yea, i had to get the suicide in somehow, i was due for not suiciding yet at the tourney. i dont know how to cp strategically yet =/

wg- since when does a tournament on long island mean that only long island players can play? i like that zro and blackanese made it all the way out to lolmastic, it adds depth to the (already small) player pool, even if i didnt play them

WarioGamer64

Smash Cadet
Ummm... How am i a bum? I never lose to anybody online. Well i do, but if they had wins and losses, id be about 560-40 right now. So someone play me online, or else u lose by default...

Zro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4356-1415-1117
Ummm... How am i a bum? I never lose to anybody online. Well i do, but if they had wins and losses, id be about 560-40 right now. So someone play me online, or else u lose by default...
well in ur world people lose by default.... in reality it would be a tie because no one would have played

like dam u really need a football helmet cus u a dum mother f*cker

yo if i had a wii i would play u online and record it just to make u feel dumb

Ryan-K

Smash Master
You are full of **** because I always hear of people ****** you and online doesn't mean anything.

Wariogamer you never fought me online, I automatically win 100000-0

Ryan-K

Smash Master
Why should I? You never played me so I already won 10.000-0. You even said if you don't play you automatically win.

You never played me so I automatically win based on your logic. Besides online doesn't prove anything lmao.

Also WG, zro isnt a 35 year old who lives in his parent's basement so he doesn't have that privilege >_>

If you can buy so many wiis then buy one for him.

Top Bottom