• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BattleGrounds - Long Island, NY 11/21/08 - 1v1,2v2 - BRAWL

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
Looks like I'm gonna need a random partner for doubles. If anyone wants to team with me let me know.
I might like to. However, I have -no- doubles experience. It depends on whether my friend is gonna do Falcon doubles with me. If he doesn't want to, I'll team with you. Idk if you would wanna risk the ten bucks though, as I have no idea how I'd do.

Element V

Smash Rookie
I was really looking foward to entering this tourney, but unfortunatly I have a prior engagement, perhaps I will be able to enter next time.

Also, does it really matter what you call the IC's chaingrab? They both prevent you from doing anything and usually end with you losing a stock, and are performed in a fairly similar way. Please grow up a little and lose the elitist attitude. Kthnxbi

Ranjiz

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, does anyone know how to get to Long Island from NYC by bus/train? http://lirr42.mta.info/index.asp - I don't know which station to stop at. I would appreciate if anyone is willing to pick me when I get off there. (Don't mind paying gas)

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
I was really looking foward to entering this tourney, but unfortunatly I have a prior engagement, perhaps I will be able to enter next time.

Also, does it really matter what you call the IC's chaingrab? They both prevent you from doing anything and usually end with you losing a stock, and are performed in a fairly similar way. Please grow up a little and lose the elitist attitude. Kthnxbi
One is a chain grab, one isn't. One exists in melee, the other in Brawl.

People need to grow up and learn to accept how to use terms for what they actually are, instead of being scrubs like 95% of the smash community

I ARE LAZY SO I THINK I WILL CALL WAVEDASHING ROLLING. DEY DO ALMOST THE SAME TING MIRITE?!

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Says a pro-ban person.

lol
/sigh...

do you have to bring this into EVERY thread you go into?

any way if this is the same ranjiz, when you comin bak to the Roc son? i never got the chance to beat on you.

also, the difference between wobbling and ICGs is very similar to the difference between spikes and meteor smashes

spikes were only in melee, but since it sounds better, people still use it as the word for hitting really hard straight down in brawl.

you say wobbling you mean 0-death IC grabs....
close enough for me...

Ranjiz

Smash Apprentice
I am indeed the same Ranjiz. Who are you again? I don't recall DA KID however i do remember many kids at arena51...

Ranjiz

Smash Apprentice
don't worry the whole time i was missingbecause i had some intensive training just for mk users

i remember you b/c your sonic was impressive against pikapika but it's lame he decided to pick mk

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
im totaly going to stomp his face in this time around...

theres no way i cant win now that jesses not gonna be there rofls

i think hes gonna be out with M2K and i think inui is going to the same tourney...

Ranjiz

Smash Apprentice
oh yeah there is a big tournament coming up this saturday the regional tournament in VA I believe. yeah well i would go but it's too late for me to plan that right now. i'm definitely going to next regional tournament which will be held in maryland in sometime december.

on a side note.... can someone tell me how to get to long island by bus/train seeing i cant be there until 6 b/c of the train schedule... if this cannot work out then i just might as well go to bum's tournament instead.

Shiri

Smash Chump
im totaly going to stomp his face in this time around...

theres no way i cant win now that jesses not gonna be there rofls

i think hes gonna be out with M2K and i think inui is going to the same tourney...
:yoshi: Hahahahahahahahaha.

RANJIZ OMGRAVY WHAT'S GOOD YO

Yo, you need to go to this and show people what's up! Do it!

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
Alright so I'm definitely showing up to this, not entirely sure if my teammate will be there or not but I think so. I'll repost to confirm but as of this very moment I'm free. lol

Fyist

Smash Journeyman
Decent tourny, the turnout was... mehhh. Definetly the worst ive played at tourney (yes im johning). Looking foward to the next one.

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
I probably won't go to the next one.

Laggy TVs, low turnout, pot ****, and not being able to play more than one or two friendlies=****ty tournament.

johnjohnjohn

KirinBlaze

Smash Lord
NNID
KirinBlaze
Srsly. Like as soon as we finsihed the later matches in the singles bracket the guy just started shutting down our stuff. Not cool, friendlies would have been great.

Fyist

Smash Journeyman
You guys need to realize it wasn't a smashfest and the tourney took much longer then it should have because people were playing friendlies inbetween. You gotta understand that the owner is running a LAN center and the place was packed out. It wasn't a rented out venue or something. He did what he had to do.

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
You guys need to realize it wasn't a smashfest and the tourney took much longer then it should have because people were playing friendlies inbetween. You gotta understand that the owner is running a LAN center and the place was packed out. It wasn't a rented out venue or something. He did what he had to do.
Much longer? Maybe like 10 mins longer because Zro needed to mm a few times to get home LOL.

Regardless, I played like 4 matches today. Not cool. I understand it's not a smashfest, but when I go to a tournament I'm just hoping to play people other than those who I play all the time, and more than once. What fun is it if all I get to do is play like 3 games?

Top Bottom