• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Battle of the Ice Empire 2: Tin Man on Ice

KingKong_ad

Smash Ace
Battle for the Ice Empire 2

Tin Man On Ice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38JeqiT5HcU

Saturday, April 16th, 2011
135 boulevard Deguire
Ville St-Laurent, Québec

Events

Brawl Singles
Brawl Doubles

Prices
Brawl Singles: $10
Brawl Doubles: $10 by person​

Payout

1st Place: 60%
2nd Place: 30%
3rd Place: 10%

When

Double and single registration and venue fee start at 11am
Double starts at 12pm
Single starts at 3pm
break between 5pm-6pm
After 6pm we continue the single

BRAWL RULE SET

3 stock
8 minute time limit
Best 2 of 3. finals matches (losers/winners/grand) being best 3 of 5
Double Elimination
35 Ledge grab rule (only on mk)

* Resolving Ties: If percents are the same or both players die simultaneously, there will be a 1 stock, 3 minute, same characters, same stage rematch.

* Any suicide moves that end the match by a tie will follow with a 1 stock, 3 minute, same character, same stage rematch. Otherwise the winner of the match is the one who appears on the screen.

* You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

*IDC ( infinite dimension cape) is banned

* Stalling is banned.
Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while using an infinite to run out the timer rather than to score a KO is. As such, any infinite chain-grabs, locks, etc. cannot exceed 300%.

* Any action which prevents the game from continuing (i.e. by causing the game to crash or causing all characters to freeze indefinitely) is banned. If the Tournament Organizer or a judge can conclusively determine the player responsible for the failure, that player loses the interrupted game. Players are expected to know their characters and prevent this from happening.

* Some interactions (for example, a throw with a wind attack) can cause one character to become frozen until being hit. If this happens, the free character is expected to capitalize on this in a timely manner; a failure to do so is stalling.

* Pause Rule: Each game should have pause off. If not and somebody pauses during the game, the one who did it lose the game even if its accidently. The game can be still played if both opponents agree.

Neutral Stages: Each player can strike a stages until one stage is left. That stage is then played.

Neutral:
* Final Destination
* Battlefield
* Yoshi's Story
* Smashville
* Lylat
* Pokemon Stadium 1
* Castle Siege

Stages for Counter pick:
* Frigate Orpheon
* Rainbow Cruise
* Brinstar
* Pokémon Stadium 2
* Pictochat
* Delfino Plaza
* Halberd

Banned Stages:
*Everything Else

Mages Dq Rules :
2 Minutes Late: Warning/Loss of first stock
4 Minutes Late: Loss of first match of set
6 Minutes Late: Loss of set

Stage Banning: Each player / team may select up to 1 stage that will be banned from the tournament set from the neutral/or counter pick group

Counter pick Rule: The loser of the match first chooses the stage that the next match of the set will be played on. The opponent, then, makes the choice of changing character or not. than the loser of the match selects his/her character.

If the loser of the match chooses to select the stage at random. The opponent CANNOT change character. The loser of the match than makes the choice of changing character or not.
• Excessive stalling tactics are banned.
• Controller Mods are banned
Violation of any rule is punishable by non-refunded disqualification.

I would like people help me bringing wiis,tv and any other stuffs we will need!

ATTENDANCE LIST 21 (22)

KingKong
Tin Man
Googs (maybe)
Dreecteur
Techiyo
Holynightmare
Frr
Agora
Stroumbert
Ally
Patches
Swordgard
Tarextherex
Darkshadow
Cynan
Sheep
Guard
Morks
Pappy
Nostalgic
Balus
Hells

Mprime

Smash Ace
tinman how are you getting to KK's? megabus? or that thing TO Joe posted that costs only 30$? and King kong can you house me for sure? (it would have to be for friday saturday and sunday morning) i have a job so i can pay for my own food plus i got a pillow and sleepn bag.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
I'll be there to prevent Tin Man from stealing our money.
lol

tinman how are you getting to KK's? megabus? or that thing TO Joe posted that costs only 30$? and King kong can you house me for sure? (it would have to be for friday saturday and sunday morning) i have a job so i can pay for my own food plus i got a pillow and sleepn bag.
Megabus. Only gettin housed Saturday night.

Mr_L

Smash Journeyman
Won't be able to attend this one cause of exams, but i'll be sure to come down for more in the summer

Mprime

Smash Ace
king kong can i get your msn so i can work out a few kinks so i can book my bus, it would be much easier to talk through instant messaging

-Googs

Smash Lord
turns out my last exam is on the 14th...but i have so much **** (moving out of rez) to do after exams and im gonna be not able to practice due to studying, and my finacial situation is terrible, as well as my health.

I wanna come so bad and im going to do my best

Frr

Smash Rookie
I may have missed the last one, but I'll be coming to this one.

I'm gonna be coming for singles and doubles. Agora confirmed he'll come to be my partner for doubles.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
May I be on Stroumberts side of the bracket. I've played everyone else on the PR already except DarkShadow, and Tim & Techiyo. It's just that I'd rather play people Who don't travel as much.

I'm gonna tell others I'm going. Gichan and Patches are interested. This needs more hype :o.

Stroumbert

Smash Apprentice
May I be on Stroumberts side of the bracket. I've played everyone else on the PR already except DarkShadow, and Tim & Techiyo. It's just that I'd rather play people Who don't travel as much.
What's funny is that I'm actually one of the people who travels the most for Brawl in the province, because Montreal tourneys are 2.5-3 hours away from me (I'm from Quebec City, not Montreal), and I go to each one. I just don't go to Toronto tourneys since that's about 9 hours just to get there, which is a lot for a single weekend. It's not an impossible task, just not something I'm willing to do while I have school right before and after.

Patches

Smash Master
What's funny is that I'm actually one of the people who travels the most for Brawl in the province, because Montreal tourneys are 2.5-3 hours away from me (I'm from Quebec City, not Montreal), and I go to each one. I just don't go to Toronto tourneys since that's about 9 hours just to get there, which is a lot for a single weekend. It's not an impossible task, just not something I'm willing to do while I have school right before and after.
Me and you both, Stroumbert. Except for me, Toronto tourney's are 2 hours away. I'm just lucky enough to have a bit of money I can throw for this tournament.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Toronto Tourney are a lil bit of a mission for me haha. I don't drive, I bus, and not megabus or greyhound, local bus, so it takes longer. They're not far, but I get to them in like 1 hour lol. Anyways, I wanna play u Stroumbert :cool:

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I'll try to make it to this.

Keyword try. I'm majorly strapped for cash right now.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Vex trying to convince me to go ics.

Pray that he does not succeed.

edit:

ATTENDANCE LIST

KingKong
Tin Man

Dat attendance.

tarextherex

Smash Apprentice
O snap, looks like this will be pretty hype after all, thought this was going to turn out like the first monthly because of short-ish timespan between tournaments

Count me in

Top Bottom