• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Batma(n)fia 2 | Ever had your *** kicked by Batman?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Pushed Cello lynch after I suspected him on D1 and Kevin for supporting Cello. I got quieter after Omni told me to stuff it.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
jungle im not going to vote ryker over you
so either you convince everyone else to NL and then NK me tonight
or you'll accept that you're getting lynched

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Okay, we have two as close to clears as we're getting and I'm not scum.

Vote: Bungle

If Steel is scum, he can have the win because he deserves it.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
How is it my offense? My claim is that you are riding other player thoughts and posting a bunch of one liners that agree with the majority. how can essentially 'no u' be my offense lmao.

Try again.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Mac, for the love of god will you please get your head out of your *** and at least reread with that in mind.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Alright, I don't even think town can win any more, so I'm just gonna ask what the setup is, anything else you guys want from me before I go mute?

- ronike

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
ronike21
If theres an indy, which I think there is, there's 2 town, and indy and a mafia. We hit one today, theres a night kill tonight, and bam! We hit 1 town, 1 scum, scum win it. Plus Im just fed up with how scum everyone is.
@Ryker:
I roleblocked Tom N1 and Nix N3

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
well the indy hasn't been killing
so i doubt it's an sk
so it probably could joint with us

i was thinking about this too actually and was wondering if it wud be better to NL so that maybe scum could hit the indy

but iono, tht scares me for some reason

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Vote Count
Bunglefever (3) - Macman, Ryker, §teel
Ryker (1) - Bunglefever

Activity
yup

----------

with 4 alive, it takes 3 votes to lynch!

deadline = 3/19 midnight

Bunglefever, Scarecrow (town vanilla), has been lynched d6

night actions due last second of 3/12 est

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer

macman aka bane was arrested he was vanilla

steel (riddler) was speaker for the dead but now has no one to talk to so he loses

Ryker (oracle) has all the bad guys arrested and Gotham is now boring. Ryker, Cello_Marl, and KevinM win for the mafia. congratulations!

modstuff incoming

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
whatd yall think of the setup? would itve been better to make batman a vanilla cop and catwoman a tracker flipping their roles? is there a clear overpowered side? i used neighborly cop instead of cop partly cuz i didnt want someone to claim cop and just be cleared (neighborly cop would be a good safeclaim for scum vanilla cop). a lot of this setup was based on medis monster mafia and toms scrubs mafia with some tweaking

Marshy said:
10 town
3 scum

1 neighborly cop
1 hot nurse
1 vengeful doctor
1 speaker for the dead
1 bodyguard
5 vanillas

v

1 roleblocker
1 tracker/hitman
1 goon

d1=9/3
n1=7/3
d2=6/3
n2=4/3
d3=MYLO

EXAMPLE ROLE PM

X, you are Killer Croc (Town Vanilla). As one of Batman's more vengeful enemies, you're excited to hunt him down.

Abilities: None.

Win Condition: You win when all threats to the town are eliminated, even if you are dead.

X, you are Batman (Mafia Hitman Tracker). Long ago, when you were only a child, you witnessed your parents' deaths to a small-time criminal. Swearing an oath to rid Gotham City of such evil, you invested all of your time in intellectual and physical training, becoming the Batman years later. As the world's greatest detective, you know how to hunt people down and put them in jail for good.

Abilities: As the hitman/tracker, you may attempt to either track or hitman one person each night by sending me Track: [player name] or Hit: [player name]. If you track, you may be told who that player visited during the night. If you hit, your target will likelier be apprehended.

You may choose a nightkill if you elect to track.

Nightkill: You are in the mafia with Commissioner Gordon the mafia roleblocker and Oracle the mafia goon. You can communicate with them at any time by any means, but you must send all communication logs to me. You are the first in line to choose the night kill. Then it will fall to Commissioner Gordon, then to Oracle. You may perform this by sending me kill: [player name] each night.

Safeclaim: R'as al Ghul is not in this game. You are the only player with this knowledge.

Win Condition: You win when it is logically impossible for the mafia to lose, even if you are dead.

X, you are Commissioner Gordon (Mafia Roleblocker). As the head of the Gotham Police force, you have often jailed the criminals that Batman has caught.

Abilities: As the roleblocker, you may target someone by sending me roleblock: [player name] each night. If successful, they will fail at performing their night action.

Nightkill: You are in the mafia with Oracle the mafia goon and Batman the tracker. You can communicate with them at any time by any means, but you must send all communication logs to me. You are second in line to choose the nightkill with Batman being first and Oracle being third.

Safeclaim: Two-Face AKA Harvey Dent is not in this game. You are the only player with this knowledge.

Win Condition: You win when it is logically impossible for the mafia to lose, even if you are dead.

X, you are Oracle (Mafia Goon). The daughter of Commissioner Gordon, you used to be Bat-Girl, but the Joker shot you through the spine, paralyzing your legs. You still assist Batman by giving him the latest info through the newest gadgets you create.

Nightkill: You are in the mafia with Commissioner Gordon the mafia roleblocker and Batman the tracker. You can communicate with them at any time by any means, but you must send all communication logs to me. You are third in line to choose the nightkill, Batman being the first and Gordon the second.

Safeclaim: The Joker is not in this game. You are the only player with this knowledge.

X, you are Penguin (Town Vanilla). As a result of of your vast underworld connections, you are comfortable working with others to take down Batman and his allies.

Win Condition: You win when all threats to the town are eliminated, even if you are dead.

X, you are Scarecrow (Town Vanilla). One of Batman's more ruthless enemies, you have been at odds with him for years and will ally with criminals if that's what it takes to do away with him for good.

X, you are Harley Quinn (Town Vanilla). Always ready for some mischief, you've decided to go solo in order to pursue Batman and his yucky allies.

X, you are Bane (Town Vanilla). As Batman's most physical enemy, you are enthralled to tear him and his allies apart with the help of other criminals.

X, you are Clayface (Town Bodyguard). You are willing to use your shapeshifting powers to trick Batman and his allies into hitting the wrong target.

Abilities: As the bodyguard, you may attempt to bodyguard someone by sending me Bodyguard: [player name] each night. You will die in their place should they be chosen for a nightkill.

X, you are Poison Ivy (Town Hot Nurse). Though you are best known as an expert with immobilizing toxins, you are also skilled in herbalism. A varied botanist.

Abilities: As the hot nurse, you may attempt to either protect or roleblock someone by sending me Roleblock: [player name] or Protect: [player name] each night. If you roleblock, they will fail to perform any night actions that night. If you protect, they will live through a single nightkill should they be targeted for one. You may not protect yourself.

X, you are Hush (Town Vengeful Doctor). You have the best shot in Gotham and are also its best surgeon. You are ready to personally hunt down Batman and his allies and have good enough deduction skills to find and heal those that they attack.

Abilities: As the vengeful doctor, you may attempt to either protect or kill someone by sending me Kill: [player name] or Protect: [player name] each night. If you successfully protect, they will live through a single nightkill should they be targeted for one. You may not protect yourself.

If you choose to protect and are lynched the next day, you must shoot someone.

X, you are Catwoman (Town Neighborly Cop). A peak athlete and expert burglar, you are constantly stalking people for information and money.

Abilities: As the neighborly cop, you may attempt to follow someone by sending me investigate: [player name] each night. If you are successful and they are at home [not performing a night action], you will be given an innocent or guilty result. However if they are not at home, you will be told that they weren't there.

X, you are Riddler (Town Speaker for the Dead). As one of Gotham's best criminal strategists, you keep in touch with every major criminal. Even those in Arkham, considering you have men there!

Abilities: You may communicate with any dead player, but it must be at [insert quicktopic URL]. You may only communicate with them when I give you permission by IM/PM after day/night ends.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Ryker, you played an awesome game and totally deserved to win this, congrats. Bad news is I, nor anyone smart, is gonna underestimate you for a long time. Woulda been scum mvp for sure if not for...

Kirbyoshi. Terrible mafia player, or worst mafia player in history? Seriously man, you caused two mislynches by misreading your role somehow. Awful awful awful awful. Scum MVP for sure. Learn to read plz.

§teel, *****in role, but if you have a pivotal role like this, try not to be so scummy on D1, k?

Macman: You played terrible as a clear. No really, I had you cleared and you played so bad I didn't think you were clear anymore. Step it up man, clears are supposed to speak their mind since town can trust them, but since you were just so **** quiet, Ryker got to not kill you the whole game without fear, leading to massive WIFOM that you were scum. Never protecting you as doc again...

Marshy, seriously *****in setup. Loved everything, and speaker for the dead is possibly the sweetest role ever, if not more than a little broken. IMO, if you changed it so that people could only speak from beyond the grave for like 2 days or something, woulda been a lot better. A N0 for mafia was also prolly in need, especially with all the town PRs.

Tom: Why'd you have to get so **** curious... ;)

Ronike

Smash Ace
Marshy said:
Safeclaim: The Joker is not in this game. You are the only player with this knowledge.
LIES!!!

I thought town seemed overpowered, but scum won anyways so...

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
^ i gave ryker the wrong safeclaim and fixed it later. i also added in joker as a vanilla before some other guy i posted in the role pms. the ones i posted are probably wrong in some other places

various thoughts:

tom had all scum in like his top 5 on d1 and 2 in his top 3 i think

ryker played well

macman was targeted for a nightkill three times and protected twice

omni played well and should play more games cuz hes improved tons

this is the first time ive ever seen an alpha strike on d1

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
ryker wrekced our **** wtf

@ronike

gameplan was to be off the nk list, but yeah i probably shouldn't come that close to being lynched either.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Ryker, you played an awesome game and totally deserved to win this, congrats. Bad news is I, nor anyone smart, is gonna underestimate you for a long time. Woulda been scum mvp for sure if not for...

Kirbyoshi. Terrible mafia player, or worst mafia player in history? Seriously man, you caused two mislynches by misreading your role somehow. Awful awful awful awful. Scum MVP for sure. Learn to read plz.

§teel, *****in role, but if you have a pivotal role like this, try not to be so scummy on D1, k?

Macman: You played terrible as a clear. No really, I had you cleared and you played so bad I didn't think you were clear anymore. Step it up man, clears are supposed to speak their mind since town can trust them, but since you were just so **** quiet, Ryker got to not kill you the whole game without fear, leading to massive WIFOM that you were scum. Never protecting you as doc again...

Marshy, seriously *****in setup. Loved everything, and speaker for the dead is possibly the sweetest role ever, if not more than a little broken. IMO, if you changed it so that people could only speak from beyond the grave for like 2 days or something, woulda been a lot better. A N0 for mafia was also prolly in need, especially with all the town PRs.

Tom: Why'd you have to get so **** curious... ;)
Ronike, that was the point. I enjoy playing for the "OMWTF HOW DID HE DO THAT!?" moments. Now that this is over, I'll take the time to make the response in Unintended Consequences I've been putting off.

Kirbyo-Gheb argument helped a hell of a lot.

I didn't know Kevin had tracked you till he claimed. I wanted to hit Mac most of the game, but I knew you had a role and needed you gone. After that, I saw Omni was beginning not to like me as much and he was almost as cleared as Mac, so he had to go. Then when I tried to kill Mac, Nix died.

Omni, you're a bro.

When Steel busted out his role I was afraid. I was like, aww ****, I've gotta fool everyone now.

BF had me pegged. After I hard bussed KevinM and Cello, I just coasted and used Omni's telling me to shut-up as the excuse.

Funnily enough, I posted early in Day 1 that IDGaF about specific people as partners because partners are for bussing.

Cello used my safe-claim (The Penguin) and I had Two-Face for the end. I had an alternate claim I wanted to use for Two-Face, but it wouldn't pan out because I couldn't explain why I wouldn't have targeted Kirbyo with it, so I went with VT.

I had like 40 million plans for contingencies, but I ended up flying by the seat of my pants mostly.

Heh, all the villains lost to a girl in a wheelchair. :laugh:

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
i randomized the safeclaims with the vanillas

n1 actions
tom investigates steel
nix bodyguards gheb
ronike roleblocks tom
kevin hitmans tom
cello roleblocks steel

n2 actions
nix bodyguards omni
ronike protects macman
kevin kills macman and tracks ronike

n3 actions
nix bodyguards ronike
ronike roleblocks nix (lol)
ryker kills ronike

n4 actions
nix bodyguards macman
ryker kills omni

n5 actions
nix bodyguards macman
ryker kills macman (kills nix instead)

n6 actions
ryker kills macman

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
great setup, marshy! this game was definitely very entertaining.

@ryker: great job, dude. you played a great game. i don't know if it was the overwhelming amount of scumminess that came from jungle/steel, or the uselessness from kirbyoshi/gheb/nix, but u were one of the only competent people i wanted to keep. i had no reason to peg u as scum so i believed u were townie. great game dude.

@gheb: stop tunneling. you're more stubborn then you think and your headfirst dives into pegging scum changes the focus of the game entirely too much. tis one of the reasons i ignored u most of the time

@kirbyoshi: bad mistake was bad. crossvoting vanillas due to your err in judgment or bad interpretation of a role definitely turned what was a winning battle to a poop battle. if ur ever confused about your role from a technical aspect confirm it with the moderator. otherwise, step up your game!

@ronike: your doc flipped made more sense as to why you were a bit passive this time around. putting yourself in the grey area of the scumdar would have kept you alive longer just as you did, but u were ousted by scum abilities

@mac: you've gotten more lazy it seems.

the lack of scouting obv town in this game hurt. jungle's coasting/quietness/chirping in only at crucial moments gave me his normal indy vibe. steel's odd playing (explained by his role) rubbed me in the wrong way. kirbyoshi, nix, and blue yoshi were kinda like wildcards where i had no effing clue what they were up to nor was there any rational way to figure it out. id say my biggest mistake was trusting ryker out of desperation of losing Tom; i'll definitely be more careful but Ryker's scumplay was exceptional!

fuuuun game. definitely didnt turn out the way i had hoped, but i hope everyone learned from their mistakes (myself including) so we can have more intense games in the future

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
i randomized the safeclaims with the vanillas

n1 actions
tom investigates steel
nix bodyguards gheb
ronike roleblocks tom
kevin hitmans tom
cello roleblocks steel

n2 actions
nix bodyguards omni
ronike protects macman
kevin kills macman and tracks ronike

n3 actions
nix bodyguards ronike
ronike roleblocks nix (lol)
ryker kills ronike

n4 actions
nix bodyguards macman
ryker kills omni

n5 actions
nix bodyguards macman
ryker kills macman (kills nix instead)

n6 actions
ryker kills macman
Mac, I thought you were indy by the end of the game. : P

Also, I didn't get to thank Marshy for the game. Thanks.

I wonder how the game would've gone had BY not been lynched on D1?

The other thing was that I had no intention of bussing Cello until I was backed into a corner where I felt I had to put up or shut up. Kevin I had no intention of bussing, but then came his solid defense of Cello. I'm not afraid to bus scummates if they look scummy, but I generally don't so with such enthusiasm. Hope you two weren't pissed about that.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
"X, you are Harley Quinn (Town Vanilla). Always ready for some mischief, you've decided to go solo in order to pursue Batman and his yucky allies.

Abilities: None."

are you ****ing kidding me dude?

Top Bottom