• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BATL Event #2 Marlborough, Mass

Prawn

Smash Master
BATL

Brawl At The Library. PART DEUX

Last one went well, lets do it again!

Info:
Entry fee - 10 for singles
10 per team for doubles

NO venue fee and NOTHING taken from the pot

Where: The Marlborough Public Library, 35 West Main Street Marlborough, MA 01752 PLEASE DO NOT CALL THE LIBRARY TO ASK QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS EVENT, ONLY CONTACT ME.

When: Friday July 31st, 2009. Friendlies and setup will start at 9(right when it opens so don't be too early) and registration will probably start around 10 until 10:30-11 and then we'll start ASAP, after doubles we will have a VERY short break(if one at all, because of time constraints) during which registration for singles will happen, and then the singles tourny will run.

Rules

General rules:

* 3 Stock

* 8 minute timer

* Items are set to "off" and "none"

* All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above should be played out for any "finals" matches)

* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

* Dedede's standing infinite is banned.

* If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.

* You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

* Stalling is banned.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Stage Lists

Starter
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise

Counter
Brinstar
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Rainbow Cruise
Halberd
Pokémon Stadium 1
Pokemon Stadium 2
Jungle Japes

Banned
Pictochat
75m
Big Blue
Bridge of Eldin
Corneria
Flat Zone 2
Green Hill Zone
Hanenbow
Hyrule Temple
Mario Bros.
Mario Circuit
Mushroomy Kingdom I
Mushroomy Kingdom II
New Pork City
Onett
Rumble Falls
Shadow Moses
Skyworld
Spear Pillar
The Summit
Wario Ware
Distant Planet
Green Greens
Luigi's Mansion
Port Town Aero Dive
Yoshi's Island (Pipes)
Norfair
Pirate Ship

Stuff people are bringing, please offer to bring stuff!

TVs:
2 from the library
1 from BananaHammock

Wii's:
3 from BananaHammock and Omstr

Tables and chairs:
All supplied by the library

There is a pizza place right near the library.

Again, I just typed this rough draft up so tell me what information I need to add or whatever. You can contact me here or on aim at: "SicTransitPaul"

WORD!.

AKC12

Smash Journeyman
Library still closes at 5?

I'll bring a set up. I'll money match anyone at Mario Power Tennis, Mario Kart Wii, Mario Golf, or F-Zero GX (i'll be willing to give head starts for depending on how much extra bills you give me). Brawl... nah

v nooooooooooooo

aqua421

Smash Apprentice
make pictochat legal... it is one of my favorite stages and the stage i go to when my opponent bans PS1 lol.

Prawn

Smash Master
No Pictochat I Refuse!

btw I'm adding a smash 64 singles tourny to this event,

GET HYPED

Prawn

Smash Master
bumpity

we need TVs, Wiis, N64s(and copies of SSB for those)

right now our setup count is much too low

Prawn

Smash Master
Right now we only have 1 N64 for for the SS64 tourny,

we could use more?

and hype.

Piggyman86

Smash Apprentice
do you know if anyone is confirmed for this? this thread has a few replies but its just the same 5-6 people posting a lot. I don't think i can make it to this one bro but if there's like 15+ people I'll try my best to see if I can make it.

Prawn

Smash Master
All is brawl has like, 7-8 confirmed guests. Last time it was the same thing and about 15-20 or so kids showed up.

Almo

Smash Ace
brawl+ sucks.

and i agree with the low tier singles idea.

Monkley6

Smash Journeyman
Mmmmm low tiers. Bowser still low enough? He's my homie.

Not saying I can go yet though. Waiting on conformation for a ride or not.

edit: mafia, wtf is that for your avatar anyway? looks like he's about to do some intense dancing if you ask me.

Almo

Smash Ace
Brawl+ is FTW and needs a few tourneys around here!!
it never caught on really and wasn't taken seriously, i wonder why? T_T

i've got to agree with fatal on this one, i learned some new puff stuff so i'm looking to win low tiers if it happens.

Almo

Smash Ace
whoo tomorrow. i'm going to be mad tired tomorrow since i get back from work tonight at midnight, possibly later lol.

Prawn

Smash Master
yeah its a CP,

also we need more hype for this event. More people = more money for Fatal.

Top Bottom