• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Basketball Thread

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Rondo insulted the ref and bumped him. It's his job to give fair calls, it doesn't matter if it's a close Playoffs game down the stretch or not, they have to do their job. For them to give some sort of leniency just because it's a Playoffs game is stupid and corrupt.

HAcoreRD
I'm not disagreeing with you on the bump, but refs need to understand players emotions in the final waning moments of a game. I never want to see a game decided by a technical foul. You gotta let the players vent. Frustration building up all this time through physical and defensive plays. Players are not robots. If anything, the refs deal with less. Players are being heckled, trash talked too, taking elbows, beatings...what do the refs do? Once in a while get yelled at by a player?

Tacket

The Innovator
I'm not disagreeing with you on the bump, but refs need to understand players emotions in the final waning moments of a game. I never want to see a game decided by a technical foul. You gotta let the players vent. Frustration building up all this time through physical and defensive plays. Players are not robots. If anything, the refs deal with less. Players are being heckled, trash talked too, taking elbows, beatings...what do the refs do? Once in a while get yelled at by a player?
Remember MJ? Remember how he never would get mad at calls? A good player needs to learn how to control those emotions during a game because a T will take place if they don't. Refs take too much **** as it is.

HAcoreRD

Bradley is a very good defender.
Teague is a better defender. I know I'm gonna get heat for this, but Teague is second only to CP3 and maybe Tony Parker when it comes to defending PGs.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
CP3 a good defender? Dude, stop looking at his "steal" stat. Tony Parker isn't a good PG defender either. Rondo is probably the best, and Mike Conley is right up there too.

And MJ would get in everyone's face. Don't know what games you were watching.

Nike.

Smash Hero
This is exactly why I was pissed at the Clippers giving away homecourt the final night of the season. They HAD to have it for any shot at winning this series.

Tacket

The Innovator
CP3 a good defender? Dude, stop looking at his "steal" stat. Tony Parker isn't a good PG defender either. Rondo is probably the best, and Mike Conley is right up there too.
I still think CP3 is a great defending PG regardless, steal stat is amazing. Do you think Teague is up there as well?

And MJ would get in everyone's face. Don't know what games you were watching.
MJ would never argue with refs, man.

HAcoreRD

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Grizzlies are a scary *** team. Wouldn't be surprised to see them in the WCF.

OMG though a Grilzzies/Thunder round 2 ECF finals would be insane.

Jane

Smash Hero
wow, so many things...

*lebron pisses me off so much. yes, the heat played outplayed the knicks. but no, it should not have been a blowout. as everyone (cept TRG of course) has already stated, the refs were ****ing HORRIBLE. lebron was UN****INGTOUCHABLE BECAUSE OF THE REFS. lebron is such a flopper, holy ****. lebron james, i want to like you, i want to acknowledge your insane skill, but you take away from this great game of basketball with your idiotic, nonsensical flops. so annoying.

*shump, no. :( if shump didnt get injured, i would stand by my knicks in 7 games prediction, but without him, we'll be lucky to get a game at home. wade will remain unchecked and in turn, will run rampant. grrrrrrrrrrr

*at least my spirits were picked up by a wonderful okc dallas game. i really like both teams so to just see them both playing great basketball was a real treat. shoutout to JET and IBLAKA.

*LOL @ indiana. as a member of the SVG camp, i coudnt be happier. i will now be paying much closer attention to this series, because yeah, if orlando pulls off the upset, SVG should have the right to fire dwight lmao. what a nice surprise here.

*denver wtf. played horribly (and the lakers, especially bynum, played amazing). i still expect an extremely competitive series, but idk who will take it now. still rooting for the upset though.

*horrible double technical on rondo. like bored said, the refs need to realize that these players are extremely emotional right now. but at the same time, rondo needs to learn to control himself in these vital moments; he has no one to blame but himself, even if it was stupid that he got the double. things dont always go your way but one must learn to keep collected.

*cue the tacket parade

*clips are getting slaughtered right now, awesome. i'm fairly calm though, i expect them to make a run to get them back into it soon. though i must admit i havent been paying attention to the game much, i've just been reading everything i've missed here lol. went through like 8 pages.

*good to be back :)

Nike.

Smash Hero
Jane, we're in trouble lol.
At the very least, both of these teams are gonna get in each others faces 658645645645 times throughout the series.

theeboredone

Smash Legend

Tacket

The Innovator
Don't know much about Teague...limited footage I've seen of him. I would probably put him in the average PG area...similar to Ramon Sessions or Jarret Jack.
Minus my obvious bias. I think that Teague is an above average PG based on his relatively good blocking and rebounds, stellar stealing ability, stroke, drive, and his agility and aggressiveness on fast breaks.

LOL, but that's a rare occurrence. Give me two more examples and I'll concede.

HAcoreRD

Nike.

Smash Hero
It's pretty well known that MJ had a mouth. It's just not as documented/emphasized as today because of the recent media surge.
Alot of retired players also bring up on occasion how he'd get the superstar treatment.

Jane

Smash Hero
is it normal for this many technicals overall to be called in the first two days of the playoffs? jesus christ.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Haha wooow.

I'm sorry though, this is more on Memphis than Clippers. No way you give up a 27 point lead if you play a semblance of D.

Man this will come back to haunt them if this goes 6 games.

tko112

Smash Lord
what the deuce, I mean...how the deuce did that just happen

I'll say it right now, that comeback was a lot more epic than the one Lakers had against the Thunder

theeboredone

Smash Legend
It's in general overall D. I give so much credit to the Clips for not giving up, but when you only score 13 against the Clippers D...you were being lazy.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Holy crap I nearly fell asleep in bed with 6 minutes left in the fourth but as the Clippers inched closer and closer...

GOD I love the NBA playoffs! Best event on TV man!

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Honestly, while I do want a battle of LA WCF...I'm just disgusted at Memphis more than happy for the Clips. They just...totally gave up and let the Clippers back in.

Butler is probably out with a broken hand, and Nick Young ain't gonna go crazy...honestly, this shouldn't even be a problem for Memphis given how they played for 3 Q's.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Despite the epic choke job I still think Memphis is the better all around team...

This loss is going to effect them for the remainder of the series though. Huge win for the Clippers.

Masmasher@

Smash Lord
Cleveland, Ohio! my homeplace but for now living i
i know teams eventually come back down to earth after playing out of their mind
but damn memphis they fell hard and fast

they lost this game more so then the clips won
you win this game and your up one
i didnt like how they played at the end of the 3rd cause even if they won you give the clippers tape to study
i hate the word choke so ill just say this was one of them joints

Jane

Smash Hero
caron butler out? fuuuu...

still though, so much faith restored with this win. while i agree that the memphis ****ed up much more than the clippers did things right, you still gotta give huge credit to the clips for staying the course. this game looked like it was over since halfway into the 1st quarter and looked like it was over with 5 minutes left in the 4th. and yet it wasnt. only way for the grizz to have messed up so horrendously was for the clippers to make all the right moves offensively.

what a nice ending to the first round of the first round. :) nike you better believe a second spirit bomb is gonna get cooked up, but for now, we rest.

Top Bottom