• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Basketball Thread

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
wow, im literally watching it right now 30 min in. Complete opposite tho, i started watching with low expectations and thats what im getting so far. I have to work tonight so ill probably finish watching it on my lunchbreak so I can take a nap now.
Where are you watching it?

Also hawks beasting, scoring like crazy and the quarters only halfway done

:phone:

Tacket

The Innovator
RONDO EJECTED!
MAY GET SUSPENDED.
GAME OVER!
T AND FOUL!
YOU GUYS SAID I WAS CRAZY!
BASS FOULED OUT!
AAAAAAAAAH!
JOSH MAKES 3/4 FOUL SHOTS ON T AND FOUL PLAY!
AAAAAAAAAH!

HAcoreRD

Nike.

Smash Hero
Man, if that was jumpball, only 2 seconds left on the shotclock. Completely different game after that.
0/11 at 3pointers. Really needed Ray Allen.

Gonna be a great series.

ahchoomattchu

Smash Ace
We won't know about Rondo until tomorrow maybe.

The Hawks need to continually be running/on their transition game to beat the Celtics. When it slowed down in the second half, their lackluster halfcourt game enabled the Celtics to catch up.

Ugly shooting night by the Celtics, but this series is looking to be real good.

Nike.

Smash Hero
  • 4 point game, 2 seconds left on shotclock, possible jumpball, really good situation for Celtics
  • defensive foul on the Celtics
  • Rondo mouths off for a technical
  • Continues to jaw at the ref, takes a step foward and kinda trips against the refs heel, forcing a little bump
  • Ref throws him out
  • Hawks get 4 straight free throws to ice the game
  • Steve Kerr pointing out that the league could look at the replay and possibly suspend for ref contact

I do sympathize with the Celtics, there was about 3 tough calls on them in the final few minutes. But they put themselves in that hole.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Well if he tripped, not sure if that warrants a suspension. I'll just have to see the video later when it's uploaded.

Just saw the video...I think it wouldn't have mattered if he tripped on him or not, but no suspension.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Man, I have no idea what Rondo was saying, but the refs have to let it go. Final moments of the game, and you're gonna give a player a T? In a playoff game?

Nike.

Smash Hero
Oh well. Time for another good game.

Got $20 on the Clippers winning this series (wtf was I thinking? lol). Praying for many flops!!!

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Such a bad foul call, it should have been jump ball. Still hoping boston might come back to win this even with the potential Rondo suspension (hopefully its only 1 game).

Tacket

The Innovator
Such a bad foul call, it should have been jump ball. Still hoping boston might come back to win this even with the potential Rondo suspension (hopefully its only 1 game).
If Rondo's gone then it is 2-0 Atlanta. BRADLEY cannot handle Teague. We need to keep up the defense and stay consistent and we can hold it down for the sweep.

HAcoreRD

Top Bottom