• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Basketball Thread

Linguini

Smash Master
durant is a monster.....

although terry was on fire on top of kidd being on point making plays. don't think the mavs are going to make this easy for okc, this series is going to be hard fought. great game overall, probably the best one the whole day because both teams were playing well.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Mavs are just hoping this doesn't happen to them every single time. I feel sort of bad that KD has drained two shots in their face now.

I don't know how to diagnose this game. KD and Dirk sucked until the end. Westbrook was great until the end. Harden played his awesome self. Terry was stupid hot tonight. Ibaka was a monster as well.

I feel like the Mavs are gonna need one more play to help them on a consistent basis.

Masmasher@

Smash Lord
Cleveland, Ohio! my homeplace but for now living i
durant has been having trouble in the beginning of alot of game as of late hes had to shoot himself in to his flow but i have faith he can get started early and he has finished well throughout the season no matter what

hate the magic lol they are such trolls cause if they are hot from outside they can beat anyone big baby helped too but you cant explain how they won
you just have to chalk it up to being one of those joints

feel bad for rose a honest brother getting temporarily screwed over and while he will be close to 100 percent when he finally makes it back thanks to medical marvels he will have to be more careful and become a more complete point guard its not just about athleticism anymore
ruptured my Achilles tendon at my conference meet about a month in a half ago so i know how he feels

now we gonna see how this series pans on cause like i said earlier its 2 blue collar team without a superstar although i think that chicago is still a all around better team then the 76rs

flops piss me off the fans wanting more offense let this bull**** enter the league
it should be like the 90s where you can foul harder

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
First time poster, first time NBA season/playoff watcher.

One thing that strikes me, injured players. In the sport that I've followed my whole life, football (soccer), when there is the suspicion that a player is injured, he is attended to by medical staff immediately on the pitch. I'm talking 2-4 medical staff with equipment. If he is unable to continue, he is stretchered off.

I can not understand for the life of me why players in the NBA are usually left to hobble off to the dressing room. Surely this just leaves an opportunity to aggravate the injury. It just doesn't make sense.

I've loved watching the NBA, I'm engrossed like I never thought possible. But this really sticks out like a sore thumb to me. Feel for Shumpert and Rose.

Also, Knicks, c'mon, expected more.

Malice Chains

Smash Journeyman
When I was watching that I knew there was going to be a gif of it. Soon as I wake up I find one lol

hamspanker

Smash Rookie
yesterday i ripped apart the court at the local ymca i was goin nuts with the ball dunking and dribbling and stuff all you could hear was bounce bounce swish and the crowd ate it up the other team was crying by the end of it
post your basketball stories

theeboredone

Smash Legend
First time poster, first time NBA season/playoff watcher.

One thing that strikes me, injured players. In the sport that I've followed my whole life, football (soccer), when there is the suspicion that a player is injured, he is attended to by medical staff immediately on the pitch. I'm talking 2-4 medical staff with equipment. If he is unable to continue, he is stretchered off.

I can not understand for the life of me why players in the NBA are usually left to hobble off to the dressing room. Surely this just leaves an opportunity to aggravate the injury. It just doesn't make sense.

I've loved watching the NBA, I'm engrossed like I never thought possible. But this really sticks out like a sore thumb to me. Feel for Shumpert and Rose.

Also, Knicks, c'mon, expected more.
I've always thought about this too. Usually, the team that has the injured player has to go up and foul the person with the ball to stop play. I think it is stupid, but also the fact that there is so much flopping done in the sport (among other sports), it would be taking advantage of the situation. It's already been put into open air that some NFL players purposely go down so their defense or offense can rest, they will "hobble" off, and then come back a few plays later.

If you have been watching the NBA for all these years, one thing you'll know...and in sports general is that there is definitely a lack of compassion or honor. Were I in the situation where the opposition had an injured player, I would either let them foul me, and if they were being naive about it, I'd just call a timeout. Even if it ends up being a minor injury or flop, I'd rather take my chances given the nuance of injuries that can be devastating.

I think the worst one I ever saw was when Carmelo Anthony, when he was with Denver got a stinger and they kept playing for a for two series while he was on the ground. I just sat there stunned...the announcers pissed me off too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09LzgzFeVng

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
LMAO omg that video had me rolling when they started playing around his body as he was laying there. Wow if I was the Nuggets coach I would have been outraged.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
I've always thought about this too. Usually, the team that has the injured player has to go up and foul the person with the ball to stop play. I think it is stupid, but also the fact that there is so much flopping done in the sport (among other sports), it would be taking advantage of the situation. It's already been put into open air that some NFL players purposely go down so their defense or offense can rest, they will "hobble" off, and then come back a few plays later.

If you have been watching the NBA for all these years, one thing you'll know...and in sports general is that there is definitely a lack of compassion or honor. Were I in the situation where the opposition had an injured player, I would either let them foul me, and if they were being naive about it, I'd just call a timeout. Even if it ends up being a minor injury or flop, I'd rather take my chances given the nuance of injuries that can be devastating.

I think the worst one I ever saw was when Carmelo Anthony, when he was with Denver got a stinger and they kept playing for a for two series while he was on the ground. I just sat there stunned...the announcers pissed me off too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09LzgzFeVng
Wtf, that is insane! They were literally playing on top of him.

What I don't understand is why don't they just throw the ball out of play. That's what happens in football, the team kicks the ball out when there's an opponent player on the floor and after they've been treated and the game starts, they return the ball to the the team that gave up possession so he could be treated.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
"Just to set the record straight- if you ain't with me you against me, and if that's the case I don't give a F about you!"

Haha, there's something wrong with this guy.

Nike.

Smash Hero
GG for the Spurs. Jazz are a legit point guard away from being a contender.

Lakers were favored 4 1/2 points for this game. Gonna be really interesting.

NTA

Smash Lord
**** I missed the spurs game. I forgot they played today -_-

I only remembered to watch the playoffs because I saw CP3 youtube video and thought about LA

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
i knew manu was gonna mess up that dunk. When he took off from as far as he did I was like "......I dont think his hops are that good"

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Anyone catch Bynum making that "daayyyum" face when Gasol fouled McGee? That guy needs to grow up.

LMAO: that headline on MWP, "Peace Out"

Top Bottom