• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Basic Brawl...Teaming???

smash501

Smash Rookie
Hi, all just recently i went on a basic brawl and i saw that 2 people were like teaming but they did it as if they knew each other..like they planned it. I was like wtf..

Can you do that? can you and you friend enter the same basic brawl??

Denzi

Smash Master
It's nearly impossible to actually know.
And the "team" had probably just been together for a while.

streetracr77

Smash Journeyman
That is strange, maybe they both knew each other and by a chance, they were in the same game.

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
Rofl that has happened to 2 friends of mine. They were both in one of them "wifi brawl" clans, and were both in the same chat when it happened. They were both talking about the basic brawls they were in, and soon figured out that they were in the same room togeher. It was completely random, they didn't plan it or anything. They stayed in the room together for another 3 hrs before one of them got dc'ed. Hell yeah they teamed everyone else :p.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I do this ALL the time, and it's so easy to do. It goes from a taunt party to being a 'team' party. Basically walk up to someone, taunt, and if they taunt back you practically earn their trust. Stay with them and attack everyone else. They pickup on the fact you're teaming with them. Eventually another player will clock on.

It doesn't always work, but it works on the majority of cases for me. Then again I play princess peachy XD and am always severely underestimated, so people are likely to take her lightly and just taunt back. Same with kirby and jigglypuff!

It's so much fun when it's 3 vs 1!

Also - I seem to recognise players as well! Like there's always a captin falcon that taunts like crazy and I clock on to the fact that I've played with him before. I taunt near him and he immediately click and we go into team mode. Does this happen with anyone?

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
It happen against me one time and I was barely hitting anyone at first. Next thing you knew, I'm was basically teamed up upon and lost terribly to that match. That's why I usually stop and do nothing once a person began to tanut because I become their target in a instant.

BrawLBlazer

Smash Journeyman
When I go on basic brawl, the first thing I EVER do is taunt. And if they taunt back, you're basically teamed up. Once I was in a taunt party of 4 people, and when one left, some n00b entered our room. It was so funny, we were teaming up and KO'ing him easing with swift combos and spikes. Although, once he got lucky and items were on, and got the smash ball (he was sonic) and killed us. But, I managed to pick up the Home-Run Bat, and my "team-mate" let me hit him/her so that Sonic wouldn't win!
I love teaming up. I wish that you could add people from Basic Brawl to your friend roster. DX

JackieRabbit5

Smash Journeyman
yeah its fun to team up lol...i usually do it when we're using the same char

how does the server work anyways does it connect to ppl in ur region i guess? i have gotten this one ediot who just like kills himself all the time in team brawl a number of times

~Peachy~

Creator of delicious desserts
I do this ALL the time, and it's so easy to do. It goes from a taunt party to being a 'team' party. Basically walk up to someone, taunt, and if they taunt back you practically earn their trust. Stay with them and attack everyone else. They pickup on the fact you're teaming with them. Eventually another player will clock on.

It doesn't always work, but it works on the majority of cases for me. Then again I play princess peachy XD and am always severely underestimated, so people are likely to take her lightly and just taunt back. Same with kirby and jigglypuff!

It's so much fun when it's 3 vs 1!

Also - I seem to recognise players as well! Like there's always a captin falcon that taunts like crazy and I clock on to the fact that I've played with him before. I taunt near him and he immediately click and we go into team mode. Does this happen with anyone?

♥Wow... this just stole my whole post! ^__^

towelie892

Smash Cadet
I once got into a match that was the other three teamed against me. One of them caught me in a grab while I was at about 50%. Another ran up and stood a couple [game] feet behind me. They'd just repeatedly punch me until I broke free, where the other could immediately grab me. I went back and forth between their grabs for most of the match, and they were the perfect distance apart so it was impossible to escape. And the worst part is, the third player was Sonic, and he just kept taunting "You're too slow!" while they passed me back and forth. I couldn't find my remote, and the only button actually on my TV is a power button; no volume buttons. It...was...torture... *shudders*

Denzi

Smash Master
I once got into a match that was the other three teamed against me. One of them caught me in a grab while I was at about 50%. Another ran up and stood a couple [game] feet behind me. They'd just repeatedly punch me until I broke free, where the other could immediately grab me. I went back and forth between their grabs for most of the match, and they were the perfect distance apart so it was impossible to escape. And the worst part is, the third player was Sonic, and he just kept taunting "You're too slow!" while they passed me back and forth. I couldn't find my remote, and the only button actually on my TV is a power button; no volume buttons. It...was...torture... *shudders*
lol, that's hilarious. You're too slow:p.

Steel_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
i had something similar happen but i was with anyone this really good i mean really goodfalcon showed up and me and him totally owned like 6 different ppl cause the ppl we beat kept leavin afterwards
so i got d/ced and ive never rawled a falcon in with anyone since :sob:

TheZizz

Smash Journeyman
I see lots of cool people who taunt back. But teaming is a selfish act. It's just another way of attempting to ruin Smash Bros. for everyone else.

Teamers = Kick their ***** and/or leave midmatch

Minwu

Smash Journeyman
I don't actively seek out to team, but I try to get in a taunt party all the time =D. The only "teaming" that probably went on in your with anyone game, smash501, was someone trying to "protect" the game.

NeroDB

Smash Cadet
After an hour playing FFA with the same person in brawl i decided to try and team with him, I basically walked up to him and started crouching as Snake and not attacking. He eventually crouched back. xD A little later he always ran up close to me so i could stick a C4 on him then he ran and stuck the c4 on the two other people. He was playing Sonic btw.

Good times good times

kuenzel

Smash Ace
once me and my buddy put our wiis next to eachother and used the same connection- it took 4 tries till we both found a game (this was a while ago, when the game was still new), we killed everyone else and taunted for the next 10 minutes-- not surprisingly, they both left after that game.

Zoids-Raven

Smash Apprentice
That happened to me with this zelda and link user. (I won btw 7,,7)
It's all in the matter of if they become "friends" in the last battle.

MuttonBasher

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, there`s nothing wrong with dc-ing---99% of the time you lose that group when you start another brawl, and those who teamed up on you won`t be hooked up again lol

JackieRabbit5

Smash Journeyman
i was with this Peach player once and we had fun for quite a while:p

funniest was probably when i was Metaknight and went up to her and said "Fight me"... she punched and i would kill myself...she got like +8 at the end lol

x9whitey9x

Smash Journeyman
I swear I was in a match with you. I joined a 3 person game, and Started the "Hands off my bread" with falco. There was a Kirby and a Zelda also taunting, and then a Sonic attacking all of us. Eventually the kirby switched to Peach.
Eh.. On topic, I love teaming online.

ToonLuigi

Smash Cadet
Teaming is pretty fun, I do it occasionally. Soon the others catch on and it becomes a taunt party...But then I have to leave because I get tired of doing it so many times. I also betray sometimes..."Accidentally" use Ike's FSmash on my partner.

Kjata

Smash Rookie
I constantly find myself teaming up with people.

At the start of the match if everyone is fighting it out I will jump in fight too, however if I see one taunt or someone just spamming down, I usually go join them.

Had a nice taunt party going one day, but it eventually went down to me and some other guy, so we teamed up as Ness and Game and Watch. I was feeding him PK Flash and he was easily racking up KOs, it was quite the sight, Stayed online and fought with him for a good 4 hours. Though of course never got to add him as a friend or ever see him again ;_;

Teaming is just another way of protecting a taunt party or having fun. I see no problem in it. Its fun to make friends, hard to lose them.

If you ever see a Red Caped Ike down spamming it may be me.

Sage07

Smash Apprentice
I went to team match and was partnered with my friend downstairs O.o, luck of the draw i guess

i have gotten this one ediot who just like kills himself all the time in team brawl a number of times
The same happen to me, but he'd taunt first and run to the other side of the stage then jump off.

Zhouten

Smash Apprentice
Yea that's happened to me before. Sometimes its not bad, if you just stop fighting and taunt then a taunt party will usually start, but other times they just won't stop attacking you. =(

Qaomen

Smash Cadet
I only teamed up once with a blue kirby while I was Capt. Falcon, and all we did was falcon punch against the other 2... And 'we' actually won most of the time. xD
I've never seen anyone else team up on random though. =\

Top Bottom