• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BASHCon XXVII Gaming Convention www.justin.tv/chozoquaa Slayer, 1der, Lous, Quaa

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
UT BASH and BASHLAN present:

SOMETHING YOU SHOULD KNOW:

BASHCon is an annual gaming convention run by students in the University of Toledo's gaming club, UT BASH. At this convention, you will find over 1000 gaming fans gathered together for a weekend packed with video games, miniatures, pen and paper role-playing, and more. BASHCon XXVII is taking place from February 17th through 19th at the University of Toledo, in the Student Union Building.

If you are looking to participate in the Brawl and Melee Singles Tournaments, the prices for entry into BASHCon XXVII (Not counting the price for tournament events) are as follows:

University of Toledo Student Admission: FREE with valid student ID
One-day General Admission: $10
Weekend General Admission: $15
Weekend Anniversary Special: $25*
-Includes: Weekend admission
-Free entry to all $1 events, $1 off other events like the Brawl/Melee/Halo: Reach/CODMW3 tourneys
-Commemorative Die
Game Demonstrations/Open play: FREE
Tournaments/Special Events: Prices Vary

More BASHCon XXVI info and Hotel Information: http://www.bashcon.com/

Online Pre-registration for BASHCon XXVI: http://bashcon.com/registration/

(This will help you avoid long lines while registering for BASHCon XXV and will give you more time for friendlies before the tournament.)

Tournament Organizers

UT BASH

BASHLAN

BASHCon XXVII Location:
University of Toledo
2801 West Bancroft
Toledo, OH 43606
Student Union Building

BASHCon XXVII Hours:

Friday, February 17th: 5:00 p.m. - 12:00 a.m.

Saturday, February 18th: 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 a.m.

Sunday, February 19th: 9:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.

Parking and Directions:

The Student Union is the first building right behind the clock tower. You can't miss it once you're on campus.
Parking on campus is legal for anyone at and after 5:00 on Friday until sometime on Sunday.

Date and Time of Events:

Brawl (Double Elimination)

Friday, February 17th

5:00 p.m. - BASHCon XXVII and Free Play begin

7:00 p.m. - Brawl tournament begins

??? p.m. - Free play after tournament

12:00 a.m. - Venue closes

Melee (Double Elimination)

Saturday, February 18th

9:00 a.m. - Venue opens

11:00 a.m. - Melee Tournament starts

4:00 p.m. - Tournament ends

Afterward until close - I'll try to keep a setup or two open for free play if anyone would like to join me/us.

NOTE: You will register for these events when you buy your pass/register for BASHCon XXVII.

Tournament Prices and Venue Fees

Venue Fees:

The entry fees into BASHCon can be confusing...so this is my advice for you guys:

If you are coming for one day/one tourney: Get the $10 one-day pass for entry into BASHCon.

If you are coming for both Brawl and Melee: Get the $15 weekend pass for entry into BASHCon.

If you are a UT Student, do not worry about venue fees. :)

After the entry fees:

Melee Singles Entry Fee: $10 ($9 goes to prize pot.)

Brawl Singles Entry Fee: $10 ($9 goes to prize pot.)

-Yeah...the venue fees aren't what you're used to, but it's a con for gamers of all varieties after all.

Registration for everything can be done here: http://bashcon.com/registration/

Payouts will be paid out in a gift card to the Top 3 placers:
1st place: 60%
2nd place: 30%
3rd place: 10%

Bringing setups to the event (Wii/Cube/Brawl/Melee/Television/Recording Equipment...or 1 of the 6) is encouraged and will give us more opportunity for friendlies after the tournament. =) However, BASHCon XXVII CANNOT waive the venue fee for bringing a setup.

Melee Singles Rules:
-Double Elimination
-Best 2 out of 3
-4 stock, 8 minutes
-In case of time out, an extra 1-stock sudden death match determines the winner
-First match is agreed upon by the competitors and may only choose a neutral stage.

Neutral Stages:
-Yoshi's Story
-Fountain of Dreams
-Battlefield
-Dream Land (N64)
-Final Destination

Counterpick:
Pokemon Stadium

The loser of the first match (and of successive matches) chooses the next stage, and then the winner chooses his character, and then the loser chooses his character. The loser may pick any stage but the banned stages (neutral stages included).

Banned Stages

-Brinstar Depths
-Flat Zone
-Great Bay
-Icicle Mountain
-Hyrule Temple
-Yoshi's Island (Pipes)
-Yoshi's Island (N64)
-Venom
-Fourside
-Mushroom Kingdom I
-Big Blue
-Mushroom Kingdom II

Brawl Singles Rules:
-Double Elimination
-Sets are best of 3 except for Losers' Finals, Winners' Finals. The Finals are best of 5 (may change)
-Bringing a controller to the tournament is strongly encouraged. Rental controllers are available (But pretty beat up. lulz)
-Any controllers not made by Nintendo will need to be inspected by the TO's.
-If the Tournament Organizers call a player's name and they are not present within 30 seconds of the call; the player is disqualified.
-Bad sportsmanship will cause a player to be disqualified

Game Rules:
-3 stock
-8 minute time limit
-Items are set to "off" and "none"
-In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be decided via Rock-Paper-Scissors.
-If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then percentage.
-Metaknight's Infinite Cape Glitch is banned.
-If a game ends by methods such as Bowser's suicide claw, Kirby/Dedede's inhale, Ganondorf's sideB/etc, sudden death will be ignored and the game will count as a win for the player who initiated the move.
-You are responsible for your own controller, television, Wii, game, recording equipment, etc. and name tags. Any errors or malfunctions that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure that you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
-Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of the match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
-Stalling is banned (Planking excessively, etc.)

Stages and characters:
-First stage is agreed upon by the two competitors through stage striking or otherwise and they must choose a neutral stage (see below)
-Second and Third stages are chosen by the player that lost the round before. They choose from neutral and counterpick stages.
-The winner of the first match then chooses their character, followed by the loser.

Stage List:

Neutral

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise

Counterpick:
Pokemon Stadium 1
Castle Siege
Halberd
Rainbow Cruise
Frigate Orpheon
Delfino Plaza

Banned
Distant Planet
Green Greens
Luigi's Mansion
Port Town Aero Dive
Yoshi's Island (Pipes)
Norfair
75m
Big Blue
Bridge of Eldin
Corneria
Flat Zone 2
Green Hill Zone
Hanenbow
Hyrule Temple
Mario Bros.
Mario Circuit
Mushroomy Kingdom I
Mushroomy Kingdom II
New Pork City
Onett
Rumble Falls
Shadow Moses
Skyworld
Spear Pillar
The Summit
Wario Ware
Brinstar
Pokemon Stadium 2

If you have any questions:
-call UT BASH @ (419) 530-4654

-I will update this thread if needed.​

Last edited:

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Sorry for posting this so late. Just a tournament/event for those of you in the area. :)

Also, going all Wolf in Brawl. Get your D3s and MKs ready. :yeahboi:

Roller

Smash Legend
In Brawl, Brinstar is neither banned, nor a cp? lol

I would probably go to this, except it looks like MI is going to Cold Con on this weekend. =/

Raider 88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Raider704
3DS FC
5086-1674-5462
Ahhh, if Melee started later in the day, I could probably come :|

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
I will be here.
Good ****! This'll make things interesting.

I'm hoping the turnout will be better this year since Brawl is on Friday night instead of Saturday morning.

-I'll look at the Brinstar error. I'm helping with rules/seeding the brackets this year, so I decided to ban Brinstar and PS2.

-Also, Meta Knight is Legal at this tournament.

Vaccine

Smash Journeyman
Payouts will be paid out in a gift card to the Top 3 placers:
1st place: 60%
2nd place: 30%
3rd place: 10%

y giftcards instead of cash?

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Good ****! This'll make things interesting.

I'm hoping the turnout will be better this year since Brawl is on Friday night instead of Saturday morning.

-I'll look at the Brinstar error. I'm helping with rules/seeding the brackets this year, so I decided to ban Brinstar and PS2.

-Also, Meta Knight is Legal at this tournament.
If you wany my expertise, I can probably help here.

Otherwise, I'm gonna educate the locals again....lol

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
If you wany my expertise, I can probably help here.

Otherwise, I'm gonna educate the locals again....lol
The guy who's co-hosting it with me knows what he's doing as far as rules and procedure goes. Everyone always comes to me for rules and stuff.

It won't be anything like that anime con trying to fit in 7 tournaments in 6 hours. :troll:

HariKyuubi

Smash Journeyman
Whoa... This is short notice, but I could try to make it. Starting at 5:00 is something I consider to be a plus.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Whoa... This is short notice, but I could try to make it. Starting at 5:00 is something I consider to be a plus.
Nice! If you're playing Brawl, just make sure you get here around 5:00 since the registration line is super-long on opening night.

It's good to see some out-of-Toledo interest this year. :)

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Dayton will try and come, but i must ask why no doubles?
We'd love to see you make it out. :)

Probably because most of the entrants will be entering for fun and they assume the con-goers want to check out some of the other stuff that's going on besides the tourneys. There's a wide variety of events going on besides Smash, and we've always done just 1 Melee and 1 Brawl tournament ever since BASHCon XXV

Also, Giga: :(

AquaFox

Smash Rookie
Nice! If you're playing Brawl, just make sure you get here around 5:00 since the registration line is super-long on opening night.

It's good to see some out-of-Toledo interest this year. :)
Registration opens at 4pm so the earlier the better.

CptDiabetes

Smash Cadet
My only guess is time restraints, its a tight-scheduled event. And definitely hoping that the people from dayton are coming.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
People coming for Brawl: BRING SETUPS. This is highly important. Some things kind of got screwed over at the last minute. :/

Also, at the reg desk, they may say there is not a Brawl tournament because the event got deleted from the event list for some reason. Just come up to the game room and we'll get you registered for the tourney.

Top Bottom