• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Barracks: Fire Emblem Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playing a desert map filled with enemies with ong range spamming . . .and I enjoyed it. Either this is an alternate universe or SoV is magical.

Valbar's and Leon's B support is pretty fantastic. Love this game's cast.

Loving pretty much everything about this game :X

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Well, with how busy these few weeks have been for me, I'm still in Act 1. Yeah, hardly any time to play at all.

Anyway, more news on FE Warriors and, of course, plenty of salt due to certain character restrictions Koei has set up.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I saw the restrictions coming, honestly. Especially when they tripled up on swords from Fates in the teaser. :p

That being said, it's likely the same thing as Hyrule Warriors. Three games to start with, others as DLC.

Just finished Act 3 for the most part.

Alm's chapters were all pretty easy. Mathilda is so much better than clive and still has more time to grow from levels. weird. All of the villagers and forsyth have been doing really well. Waiting for Kilff to promote . . .sooner or later

Got the pegasus trio and im definitely going to give them way more EXP than they may deserve because yay pegausi

Mae promoting to priestess was hype.
Celica promoting was. . .underwhelming. She looks about the same to me and got a whopping 1 HP

Honestly, I feel like accidentally picking casual was a good thing. I can skip some of the tedious parts like enemy spawns on the world map.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
I have one question:
Why is Takumi on the picture on the first page, alongside people who are actually liked?

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Mae promoting to priestess was hype.
Celica promoting was. . .underwhelming. She looks about the same to me and got a whopping 1 HP
I don't know whether to love or hate the promotion system in this game sometimes. On one hand you can have someone like Gray promote to Mercenary and get +5 to pretty much everything, or really dumb stuff like Est getting +12 HP or so when she promotes to Falcon Knight. But on the other hand, because Alm and Celica's promotion times are decided mostly by the game, they're more than likely going to have exceeded their promoted classes' bases by the time they promote, and end up getting just +1 HP as a result.

I think the modern system is fairer overall... But maybe we can keep stuff like the +12 HP? :p

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I have one question:
Why is Takumi on the picture on the first page, alongside people who are actually liked?
Because Takumi has become one of the breakout stars of Fates and is an extremely popular character in his own game and the series.

The dude got 3rd on the official character popularity poll, 1st on the Nintendo Dream popularity poll, 1st on the Famitsu popularity poll, and 9th among the males in the Choose Your Legends Poll (he was also the most popular male character from Fates in that same poll).

Last edited:

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Because Takumi has become one of the breakout stars of Fates and is an extremely popular character in his own game and the series.

The dude got 3rd on the official character popularity poll, 1st on the Nintendo Dream popularity poll, 1st on the Famitsu popularity poll, and 9th among the males in the Choose Your Legends Poll (he was also the most popular male character from Fates in that same poll).
Got it. Still find it weird, but okay.

Also, Conquest question. I get that Xander is a massive tank, even moreso than Effie, but he's not supposed to be extremely sturdy, right?
I ask because when fighting the tribe of kitsune people in Conquest, he took out 9 kitsunes on his own before dying. I counted, and it still amazes me.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Got it. Still find it weird, but okay.
Once you play Birthright and/or Revelation and read Takumi's supports in those games, as well as checking out the Birthright Drama CD that stars Takumi, you'll better understand Takumi's characterization and how it impacts his actions in Conquest.

Also, Conquest question. I get that Xander is a massive tank, even moreso than Effie, but he's not supposed to be extremely sturdy, right?
I ask because when fighting the tribe of kitsune people in Conquest, he took out 9 kitsunes on his own before dying. I counted, and it still amazes me.
Nope, your eyes aren't deceiving you. Xander is an amazing tank, and he can pretty much carry you from the moment you recruit him until the end of the game. He was one of my best units in my Conquest playthrough and was one of my most reliable tanks alongside Effie, Keaton, Velouria, Benny, and Ignatius. There were instances similar to what you described when I threw Xander into the frontlines and took everything like a champ.

Just make sure you keep Xander away from mages because he has low Resistance.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Once you play Birthright and/or Revelation and read Takumi's supports in those games, as well as checking out the Birthright Drama CD that stars Takumi, you'll better understand Takumi's characterization and how it impacts his actions in Conquest.

Nope, your eyes aren't deceiving you. Xander is an amazing tank, and he can pretty much carry you from the moment you recruit him until the end of the game. He was one of my best units in my Conquest playthrough and was one of my most reliable tanks alongside Effie, Keaton, Velouria, Benny, and Ignatius. There were instances similar to what you described when I threw Xander into the frontlines and took everything like a champ.

Just make sure you keep Xander away from mages because he has low Resistance.
I keep him away from mages, and usually, iirc, doing what happens anyways. Which is, Odin, Shura, Selena, Beruka, Silas, and others get used as meat shields while doing bits of damage leading to heavy hitters ohkoing them.
In hindsight, it really isn't good for exp.........

Also, I should probably use Leo a good deal, correct? I've been incredibly neglectful of him.......

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I keep him away from mages, and usually, iirc, doing what happens anyways. Which is, Odin, Shura, Selena, Beruka, Silas, and others get used as meat shields while doing bits of damage leading to heavy hitters ohkoing them.
In hindsight, it really isn't good for exp.........

Also, I should probably use Leo a good deal, correct? I've been incredibly neglectful of him.......
If you don't plan on using Ophelia, Leo is your go-to mage. I personally found him lackluster as a unit, though I heard he is much better as a Sorcerer.

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
I saw the restrictions coming, honestly. Especially when they tripled up on swords from Fates in the teaser. :p

That being said, it's likely the same thing as Hyrule Warriors. Three games to start with, others as DLC.
That's how I see it. We have 8 sword users currently with Marth, Chrom, Corrin, Xander and Ryoma covering SD, Awakening, Fates: Revelations, Conquest and Birthright. Even Lucina seems redundant at the moment due to her niche being covered by both Marth and Chrom.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I finished Fire Emblem Echoes the other day.

Pros
  • Great story and narrator
  • Some characters are great
  • Superb voice acting
  • Dungeon exploration is a nice touch and really fun
  • Great soundtrack
  • Anime cut scenes are amazing
  • Absence of the Weapon Triangle never bothered me
Cons
  • Support conversation are pretty dull
  • Battle maps are not well designed
  • Magic users giving up some of their HP just to use their magic, which I find dumb in my opinion
  • Faye. Nuff said
A great game overall and a rather unique entry in the series. I haven't played the post-game part yet but I need a break from the game after all the crazy **** I had to experience.

I might download Shadow Dragon from the Wii U eShop soon.

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Tino Tino : Well, it's because Valentian mages don't use physical tomes/staves so they end up using their life force instead. The Valentian way of using magic went out of fashion once they adopted the Archanean way of using magic and staves. The tome/staff acts as a medium of sorts which takes the "burden" of the spell that would normally take some of the user's life force in return.

Faye was fine but she ended up becoming a victim of IS's...fondness for cucking err...unrequited love stories.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Tino Tino : Well, it's because Valentian mages don't use physical tomes/staves so they end up using their life force instead. The Valentian way of using magic went out of fashion once they adopted the Archanean way of using magic and staves. The tome/staff acts as a medium of sorts which takes the "burden" of the spell that would normally take some of the user's life force in return.

Faye was fine but she ended up becoming a victim of IS's...fondness for cucking err...unrequited love stories.
That may be so but I still don't like it.

Faye was alright at first until her obsession with Alm kicked in. Her character went downhill from there.

_Sheik

Smash Lord
So I just finished the last Berkut fight in SoV and it turns out that...

I was severely underleveled and lost four units at once. Python, Delthea, Mycen and Silque... Now I'm left within that maze with only 6 characters left, Alm, Zeke, Tatiana, Clair (w/ Dracoshield), Luthier and Mathilda... I hope I'll make it to the end safely.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Quick question: How does doubling work in this game? I've had moments where Boey is faster than the enemy yet the enemy is able to double, and I've had moments where Valbar is able to hit twice despite having low speed.

Also how good are Silque, Clair, Forsyth, and Python? I know that Clive isn't very useful, but I'm unsure about the rest of the characters on Alm's route aside from the villagers + Lukas. Thanks in advance.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Quick question: How does doubling work in this game? I've had moments where Boey is faster than the enemy yet the enemy is able to double, and I've had moments where Valbar is able to hit twice despite having low speed.

Also how good are Silque, Clair, Forsyth, and Python? I know that Clive isn't very useful, but I'm unsure about the rest of the characters on Alm's route aside from the villagers + Lukas. Thanks in advance.
If the unit's speed is higher than the enemy's, they double. It doesn't have to be five more or anything like that, just higher. There's also weapon weight to factor in, which reduces its user's speed. In the case of mages, the weight of a magic spell doesn't show up directly on the stat screen; instead, you have to view the spell's info, and do the maths yourself. That's probably where you're going wrong with Boey's doubling. He's pretty slow anyway, so don't expect him to double much.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Silque is a pretty good healer. She starts with really low Defense though, so make sure you give her a shield as soon as possible. When she promotes to Saint, she will also learn the Invoke skill. In Silque's case, she can summon Invoke Dread Fighters, and compared to the other Invoke units from the other healers, Silque's Invoke is the strongest of the bunch. She can also learn the Warp skill, which can teleport one of your units away toward a certain location.

Clair starts with low bases, but she makes up for that with some great growths. In fact, she becomes a really good unit later on. With a very high speed stat, decent Attack, Defense, and Resistance, and her anti-Terror damage boost, she makes a really good Terror killer. This makes her a great unit to bring for the dungeons.

Forsyth is often considered to be the worser knight compared to Lukas due to how underleveled he is when you first recruit him, but if you take the time to use Forsyth, he can prove to be a better unit than him. In fact, Forsyth generally has a higher Speed and Resistance stat compared to Lukas. This means Forsyth has a better chance to double and can take hits from Arcanists + Witches better. As a Baron, he's speed stat is still lower compared to other units, but he can tank physical hits quite well. In my Echoes playthrough, Forsyth was one of my best units because of how he could take on most physical units and can deal with those pesky Witches from time to time.

Many fans complain that Python is one of the worst units in Echoes because "he doesn't hit very often." This comes from his low Skill growth, and combined with all the forested terrain you will commonly run into in the game, he can definitely have some trouble landing hits. That said, I would highly recommend you give Python an Iron Bow, as that is the bow with the highest accuracy in the game. Python has a pretty good Strength stat, which means he can do some major damage if he lands a hit. His speed stat is decent as well. Another note to keep in mind is that he is more of a glass cannon compared to the other Archers. Personally, despite his rough beginnings, Python proved to be a pretty good unit. Perhaps it was because I was RNG blessed, but he didn't miss too often. He used a forged Iron Bow throughout his time as an Archer and Sniper just for the better accuracy to balance the low Skill stat, and when I promoted him to Bow Knight, he started to land hits more often with the other bows.

AmericanDJ

NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
<Be me
<Put Atlas in range of a Sniper
<Sniper has 2% crit
<Crits
tfw

I mean I still used Mila's turnwheel to undo it but it still sucks that it happened.
Edit: Same thing happened to Kamui, but with Grieth and a 5% chance instead.
Why does my luck suck so much?

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
<Be me
<Put Atlas in range of a Sniper
<Sniper has 2% crit
<Crits
tfw

I mean I still used Mila's turnwheel to undo it but it still sucks that it happened.
Edit: Same thing happened to Kamui, but with Grieth and a 5% chance instead.
Why does my luck suck so much?
That's why I treat anything over a 1% as a 100% when done by the enemy. :p

AmericanDJ

NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
*Celica promotes to Priestess*
"That stat change was kind of underwhelming, but it's still cool to see her promote. I wonder when Alm promotes."
*Goes to Fire Emblem Wiki*
"After Celica talks to Hark at the Sage's Hamlet in Chapter 4, any Mila Shrine"
*Sees where the Sage Hamlet is*
*It's near the end of Celica's half of Act 4*
Oh.
Well I guess I will go and either do Celica's half first (at least up to Sage's Hamlet) or alternate between them every battle.
Easier said then done because Celica's half has Swamp maps.

AmericanDJ

NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
How should I tackle Jedah's map in Act 4? I know that he cancels most attacks with one of his skills, has a lot of Defense and Resistance because of the Dracoshield, he has the Death spell (meaning he can do a lot of damage), and is a Cantor. To add insult to injury, it is also a swamp map. Given all the things that make this map tough, I'm not sure how I should tackle it. Thanks in advance.

AmericanDJ

NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
I just realized I've been playing on Casual for the entire game.
I'm not sure how I feel about this.
On one hand, none of my units will die for good.
On the other hand, that makes every time I use Mila's Turnwheel pointless because my units will be back anyway, and I won't be able to be able to say that I beat this game on Classic.
I'd feel less mixed if I new this from the beginning instead of at the end of Celica's half of Act 4.
*Constantly uses Mila's Turnwheel anyway*

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
soooo it's okay if I defeat Slayde at Zofia Castle and let Desaix and the Dracoshield get away, right? I mean, I'll massively regret it (probably), but it is alright that it happened, right?

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
soooo it's okay if I defeat Slayde at Zofia Castle and let Desaix and the Dracoshield get away, right? I mean, I'll massively regret it (probably), but it is alright that it happened, right?
Yeah, it's totally fine. The Dracoshield is just something extra that you can benefit from but not a necessity.

Last edited:

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Good to know.

Having a good deal of fun with Celica at the sea
"Oh no pirates!"
*literally takes them all out with Boey and Mae with a little healing*
Plank camping, a pirate's one true weakness XD

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
How are the DLC map in Echoes? I've made the mistake of not getting the DLC map for Awakening and Fates since I realize the fact that some of the maps being out more character interactions, which is always nice.

Once I do get Echoes eventually, the full DLC package comes along with.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
How are the DLC map in Echoes? I've made the mistake of not getting the DLC map for Awakening and Fates since I realize the fact that some of the maps being out more character interactions, which is always nice.

Once I do get Echoes eventually, the full DLC package comes along with.
I've only downloaded the Rise of the Deliverance DLC maps thus far, and I enjoyed them. They add to the story by fleshing out Clive, Python, Forsyth, Lukas, Mathilda, Clair, and Fernand, as well as examining the events in the story that lead up to how the Deliverance members end up in their new hideout. The first and last of these series of maps also give you the chance to play as Fernand.

All four maps have unique objectives that are not Rout the Enemy or Defeat the Boss, and beating the maps also unlock three memory prisms as well as 5 support conversations (Mathilda & Clair, Lukas & Python, Lukas & Forsyth, Clive & Python, Clive & Forsyth).

I haven't downloaded the Cipher DLC yet, but I've good things about that as well. Those maps allow you to recruit the Cipher mascots.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Any suggestions for what I should promote Tobin, Gray, Kliff and Faye to? Kliff feels like he'd be a good mage, and I'd probably make Faye either a Cleric or Pegasus Knight, but I wanted some outside opinions.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Any suggestions for what I should promote Tobin, Gray, Kliff and Faye to? Kliff feels like he'd be a good mage, and I'd probably make Faye either a Cleric or Pegasus Knight, but I wanted some outside opinions.
I personally went with:
- Gray: Archer
- Tobin: Mercenary
- Kliff: Mage
- Faye: Cleric

You generally can't go wrong with archers and especially mercenaries in this game. Most people recommend to make Gray a merc, and Tobin an archer, but I feel like their supports complement each other better this way - Gray gets more hit% to shore up the otherwise dodgy hit rates of the archer, and Tobin gets more crit% on top of his already high skill stat. Tobin can also work as a mage, as he learns Excalibur early - a lightweight, high crit% spell that also goes well with his naturally high skill.

Kliff is an excellent mage, and has one of the best spell sets in the game, but can also work as a mercenary (anyone can, really).

As for Faye, most people agree she does best as a cleric - having a second cleric on Alm's party is also useful, and she learns Rescue, which, together with Silque's Warp, allows for some really silly cheese strategies. She also gets Anew, this game's equivalent of a dancer, but she doesn't learn that until really late in the game.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
I personally went with:
- Gray: Archer
- Tobin: Mercenary
- Kliff: Mage
- Faye: Cleric

You generally can't go wrong with archers and especially mercenaries in this game. Most people recommend to make Gray a merc, and Tobin an archer, but I feel like their supports complement each other better this way - Gray gets more hit% to shore up the otherwise dodgy hit rates of the archer, and Tobin gets more crit% on top of his already high skill stat. Tobin can also work as a mage, as he learns Excalibur early - a lightweight, high crit% spell that also goes well with his naturally high skill.

Kliff is an excellent mage, and has one of the best spell sets in the game, but can also work as a mercenary (anyone can, really).

As for Faye, most people agree she does best as a cleric - having a second cleric on Alm's party is also useful, and she learns Rescue, which, together with Silque's Warp, allows for some really silly cheese strategies. She also gets Anew, this game's equivalent of a dancer, but she doesn't learn that until really late in the game.
Yeah, seems like cleric for faye is the popular opinion, just looking around for a couple minutes.
i think I'm going to make Tobin and Gray Mercenaries (just kinda seems to fit the two really well, Gray has the strength for one, Tobin works for the money....). Kliff I think will be a good Mage.
Also, I think whatever answer there is to this last question should help me decide with Faye: The Angel/Seraphim magic that Celica learned and killed the necrodragon with, does anyone else in Alm's party learn it?

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Yeah, seems like cleric for faye is the popular opinion, just looking around for a couple minutes.
i think I'm going to make Tobin and Gray Mercenaries (just kinda seems to fit the two really well, Gray has the strength for one, Tobin works for the money....). Kliff I think will be a good Mage.
Also, I think whatever answer there is to this last question should help me decide with Faye: The Angel/Seraphim magic that Celica learned and killed the necrodragon with, does anyone else in Alm's party learn it?
Pretty much every Cleric learns Seraphim when they promote to Saint. Faye can also learn it as a level 8 Mage, but it's not worth missing out on the other benefits of making her a Cleric just to get Seraphim a little earlier, I think.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Hmmmmm alright.
As much as I do like the idea of cheese strats for hit and runs.......I think I'll give Faye Pegasus Knight Something about that role just feels.....right, with Faye. Idk why, and I saw somewhere that she'll get outclassed by clair, but hey, it's nice to have a backup flier around.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Tips for the post-game area? I always get a whooping there.
Have your Dread Fighters reclass to Villager and Level them up all over again.
Use the 3 Spotpass Pitchforks to reclass 3 non-Dread Fighters and Level them up all over again.
Have at least one Bow Knight that has a Max Killer Bow that knows Hunter's Volley.
Max out whatever equipment you want to use.
Spread out whatever Springs and Stat Boost items you left to use among your remaining team that you aren't reclassing.
Give your Healer(s) a Dracoshield. Don't bother wasting a large amount Stat Boost items on them.
Try to avoid fights on Basements 8 & 9. Or at minimum don't fight against more than two groups of enemies at a time.

Getting to Grima is a lot harder than actually beating him IMO. Hunter's Volley makes that fight mostly trivial.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
I think I found that fight zebei was talking about, the desert stronghold.
It was actually quite fun. Possibly because I used invoke for the first time, and used that to distract Wolff........
I should probably use Invoke against Sonya's witches.......

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Have your Dread Fighters reclass to Villager and Level them up all over again.
Use the 3 Spotpass Pitchforks to reclass 3 non-Dread Fighters and Level them up all over again.
Have at least one Bow Knight that has a Max Killer Bow that knows Hunter's Volley.
Max out whatever equipment you want to use.
Spread out whatever Springs and Stat Boost items you left to use among your remaining team that you aren't reclassing.
Give your Healer(s) a Dracoshield. Don't bother wasting a large amount Stat Boost items on them.
Try to avoid fights on Basements 8 & 9. Or at minimum don't fight against more than two groups of enemies at a time.

Getting to is a lot harder than actually beating him IMO. Hunter's Volley makes that fight mostly trivial.
Might want to throw that last line under spoilers.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
soooooo......
When I'm defending a castle with an entrance that forces units to allow one at a time, I put Clive in the middle of it, a healer behind him, and projectile fighters nearby, and just wash them up one at a time.
Then the reverse happens. But instead of doing what I did, they proceedto just coem out in a line again ,so I simply rinse and repeat but fro mthe opposite side.
AI is weird.......
Beat Grieth's Citadel on the first go, only casualty was Atlas. I realized I could lure the soldiers out of the citadel, and proceeded to slaughter them with the help of Invoked warriors.
Also, did the above castle fight again.
Clive got 5 Criticals during one enemy phase, and then another on the next Player phase.

Why is Paladin Clive so broken.
EDIT: HOLY **** Leon's range as a Bow Knight is huge. good god.

Last edited:

AmericanDJ

NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
How should I tackle the final map in Echoes. I'm having a bit of trouble making it past a certain point due to the final boss having an ability that he uses that makes it tough. Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom