• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Barracks: Fire Emblem Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because the Nintenzone social thread isn't Fire Emblem-y enough!

So many games to post about. So many to play. So much RNG to complain about. So many waifus and husbandos

So who is hyped for the future of FE with its 3 games coming up?

I know I sure as hell am hyped for all 3 of them!
:061:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Fire Emblem is a franchise for weebs and ship freaks. We're all weaboo garbage, all of us... Everyone must admit that they have a Husbando and/or Waifu.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fire Emblem is a franchise for weebs and ship freaks. We're all weaboo garbage, all of us... Everyone must admit that they have a Husbando and/or Waifu.
I cannot deny this

Well now that i'm not double posting I can make a post that ins't general.

So far i've played Awakening, 7, 6 (favorite), and Birthright (least favorite)
In the midst of Conquest and Shadow Dragon, but Shadow Dragon is on pause.

Loving conquest though. Some fun characters like Arthur, and the maps have all been fun, if frustrating from all of the resets. Chapter 10 was a few hundred resets by itself, and yet it is probably my favorite map in the series.

Also screw Corrin, the master of disaster when it comes to RNG

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Games I have played and completed:
7, SS, PoR (favourite), RD, Awakening, and all three of Fates.

Only tried: 6 and Shadow Dragon.

-------------

Fire Emblem honestly began as nothing more than a curiosity for me. Judging from Marth and Roy, I assumed that it might be some kind of anime fighter. (Yes, I sought out FE because it looked weeby)
I was hilariously wrong, but not in a bad way thankfully. I enjoyed what I played of FE7 enough to go and try the other games in the series and I was soon hooked.

I think one of the reasons I initially took to Fire Emblem was that it was RPG-like enough (levelling up units and deep fantasy story) without random battles and dungeon crawling, which I didn't really enjoy back then.

I could talk at length about what I like or dislike about each game, but I'll leave that for another post.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Niles and Oboro.

Are you happy now?

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Games I have played and completed: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, BSFE, Heroes (well, for now at least).
tl;dr The whole lot. The NES games have aged so badly, though. But I still enjoyed them, for some reason.

Favourites, in rough order:
1. Path of Radiance
2. Genealogy of the Holy War
3. New Mystery of the Emblem
Closely followed by some combination of FE7, The Sacred Stones, Radiant Dawn... Thracia 776 is pretty decent too, once you get past the bull**** like everyone having to escape before Leif or they get captured, fake difficulty, junk like Reinhardt's bridge (or you can just Berserk him), and so on. Chapter 14 is legitimately challenging, and one of the best designed maps in the series, and Leif actually learning and growing from his mistakes makes him one of the more believable characters in the series too. It has lots of bad design too, though, so it only lands around the middle of the pile overall.

Like probably most people, I have :marthmelee: to thank for getting me into the series. Played Marth in Melee a ton back in the day, decided to check out the first western FE title when it dropped back in 2004, and the rest is history.

I'm quite knowledgeable about the series, I'd say... not like I can rattle off a list of every minor boss in the series or anything like that, but I probably have a better understanding of the games' plots and gameplay and such than most people around here. I totally don't contribute any of that knowledge to a certain FE-related website, which I absolutely don't own or run on any level at all. Though if anyone is stuck on a chapter or whatever, I can probably try and help. Freebie - just throw Ryoma at everything in Birthright/Revelation. It works!

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Games I played: 7, Fates(all three paths), Sacred Stones (in that order).
I guess I would be considered somewhat new to the series (I didn't get into it until late 2015) but I do really enjoy what I've played of the series.
Of the 3 that I've played, I'd say my favorite game is FE7.

I don't remember Kana's Paralogue having so many reinforcements. . .maybe it's a conquest thing.

This also marks the first time a unit that wasn't the lord hit Level 20 first. Niles is kind of crazy in this game. Pair up with Camilla and they become crazy. . . Now he is a bow knight because it's one of my favorite classes and gave crazy stat boosts to everything.

Now for the map where all those level ups I played this paralogue for are useless!

lol at only having 3 units for a map

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
I never had any FE "waifu" since I never found the term to be appealing to me.

Anyway, I started with FE7 back in 2003, played FE6 shortly after and I've played most of the others in some way or another.

As for the upcoming games, I'm looking forward to the Gaiden remake and Fire Emblem Warriors the most.

"Oh cool, I finally got Xander. Let;s try him out"

>not a single unit in range of him can do damage to him including a promote or two
>gets a crit on his very first attack

I like this guy!

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If I was still a mod I'd 100% change the thread title to make some kind of waifu joke because of how super original that would be but instead I'll just sit here and ignore all the FE games coming out before the mainline Switch one next year because one FE game every five years is good enough for N3ON.

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord

>not a single unit in range of him can do damage to him including a promote or two

I like this guy!
He's surprisingly tanky for a paladin.

D

Deleted member

I like this guy!
Siegfried alone makes him always viable.
I never had any FE "waifu" since I never found the term to be appealing to me.
But do you have any ships then? :p

Niles x Subaki is the best ship BTW.

Also, I forgot to continue my playthrough of FE4, I should get back to that.

D

Deleted member

It's like he's Titania 2.0.

Although on that note, Fire Emblem is the only franchise in RPG history where its surprising for a Paladin to be tanky.
More so like Seth 3.0, since Titania is Seth 2.0.

Though Seth is technically Oifey 2.0, Seth is a lot better, I'd say.

Also,
Screenshot (131).png
LMFAO

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Siegfried alone makes him always viable.

But do you have any ships then? :p

Niles x Subaki is the best ship BTW.

Also, I forgot to continue my playthrough of FE4, I should get back to that.
Hardly any. Just Corrin x Sakura mainly due to Revelations.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
I was wondering when someone would make a thread.

I got interested in Fire Emblem after I heard in a Nintendo Power waaay back when that they were bringing it overseas. But since I hardly ever had money to buy games, I never got to play a FE game until Path of Radiance. That was a rental, though, and I only ever made it to...Chapter 20, I think? Since then, I have managed to pick up Radiant Dawn, Awakening, and Fates, and now I'm as addicted to Heroes as a F2P player can get.

Oh, and Ike and Robin were my most wanted for Brawl and Smash 4, respectively. Guess they were some of the rare times my Luck stat came through for me, huh?

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I played bit of Awakening (got as far as recruiting Donnel and snowy castle in Regna Ferox)

Coming from Fates, I admittedly had a hard time figuring out how pair-up works in Awakening. I didn't expect it to be luck dependant. The game is still enjoyable, although Fates's improvements do make Awakening's presentation appear rather dated.

The story and characters are okay so far. Sumia, Chrom, Lissa, Stahl, Frederick are all good. Miriel is the only one who I don't like that much. I have to say though, the characterisation is as subtle as an anvil. :laugh: Almost every character unloads their defining trait immediately on their first appearance.

Last edited:

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Yes. Going from Fates to Awakening will feel more like a downgrade when it comes to the battle system.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Awakening arguably has better writing though.

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Fates' story disaster was a result of IS wanting to split the game into 3 routes.

D

Deleted member

Not to mention FE isn't exactly in the upper escutcheons of video game storytelling anyway.
I mean, sure. But the stories are a lot better when they don't try to be that. Awekening and Fates having stories that tried to be so complex is ironically what makes them so lackluster.

finalark

SNORLAX
I mean, sure. But the stories are a lot better when they don't try to be that. Awekening and Fates having stories that tried to be so complex is ironically what makes them so lackluster.
FE stories are at their best when the main overarching narrative is relatively straightforward and most of the focus is on letting the characters be the characters instead of trying to astound you with plot twists.

Although I also feel like you could replace "FE" with "RPG" in that statement and it would still hold true.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
FE stories are at their best when the main overarching narrative is relatively straightforward and most of the focus is on letting the characters be the characters instead of trying to astound you with plot twists.

Although I also feel like you could replace "FE" with "RPG" in that statement and it would still hold true.
Taking notes for the RPG we're making.

Good thing we're doing that.

D

Deleted member

Yes, while it's good to have surprises in a plot, you don't want to write the twists before the plot.

Fates especially could've had a MUCH better story if it was just kept straightforward and if they kept out anything involving
Valla
it would've been much better.

I mean, there'd still be problems(Hoshido being a perfect society while Nohr is bad in almost everyday for pretty much no reason.), but at least everything in Conquest and Birthright wouldn't be completely nullified.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Yeah, I'd have really preferred it if Revelations reworked it to make it just about Hoshido and Nohr.
The indications of Valla existing are slim at best in Birthright and Conquest.

Though my biggest complaint about Fates's writing is Garon. I actually feel bad for the poor guy, whose backstory is never expanded upon despite having opportunity to do so all three of Fates routes.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIj-GE1imVg&list=PL7GX3TUpHAwyl8x0yhDEMnKdhTp4ZVe_N&index=1

Some PAX East direct footage of Echos has been put up. They're definitely trying to preserve Gaiden's gameplay as best they can based on mechanics.

I was worried about Voice Acting, but so far the VAs are sounding better than they did in previous games IMO. Based Alm's dialogue in first video in the playlist, there might also be a heavier focus on world building. You can also hear a bit of Celica's Map Theme in a few of the videos; not as upbeat as Brawl's remix, but that's some mad flute/violin skill.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/ajjj/index.html

The main website has been updated with more info, character art, & music. You can now listen to Celica's Map Theme & Liberation Road (World Map Chapter 3) in full. :love:

According to Serenes Forest, the Alm/Celica amiibo unlock an extra dungeon and allow for their unit data to be copied which can then be used to summon "phantom warriors" to the field. Other amiibos only give generic summons (??? no Smash amiibo support?).

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Lovely remixes. I hope this game does well so we can finally get Mystery of the Emblem remade for either the 3DS or the Switch and that Walhart makes an appearance in the game as a special boss or as part of a paralogue.

Last edited:

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Interesting that nintendo's April Fool's joke was on a new Fire Emblem game with retro graphics.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
https://serenesforest.net/2017/04/02/echoes-new-tidbits-official-guidebook/

In case you were worried about Echoes staying too close to the original, it looks like Base Conversations and Forging will be returning. "Medals" & "Renown" could be hints at multiplayer content. Most interestingly, it states there will be post game content in the form of a new "Chapter 6."

If we're lucky we may see IS try and tie into the events of Mystery of the Emblem or Awakening.

So people already are plating echoes, whichbis bonkers to me since release is so far away but whatever.

Careful of those spoilers, because some are major (it is the whole game of course). Personally very excited.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

I know this is fan art, but I really wish it wasn't. Now if only we can get someone to recreate FE1's art complete with pants-less Marth...

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
The closest thing to the original pant-less Marth would be the eventual alternate look for Marth in FE Warriors. Pant-less Marth in HD is a must.

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
New Banner will be about Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia:

Alm, Clair, Lukas and Faye will appear in Fire Emblem Heroes really soon. As for Celica, she'll most likely appear in a future banner alongside some of her early allies in May.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Been a huge Fire Emblem fan since Marth and Roy's arrival in Melee and I am pretty excited for the 3 future FE games too.

I am most likely to be getting Fire Emblem Echoes for certain, I'd just wish I have a new 3DS to play Warriors (though I do have plans on purchasing a Switch within the future) and I am eager to find out what the new installment of FE is about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom