• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

[Maple]

Smash Journeyman
I'm so happy right now! It's real! Banjo and kazooie are not guests, they are Nintendo characters and are back wherethey belongs!

Dan

Smash Lord
omg, this thread can't even load lol.

All I want to say is it was so cute how DK, Diddy and Rool were celebrating when it was him... warmed my heart.
btw, can someone please make a GIF of this.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I'm still reading all the joyous reactions but I want to drop in a hearty, heartfelt congratulations. Banjo-Kazooie...I dreamed as a child of hearing the Smash announcer say that, and now I finally can. And they look just wonderful! Through the years my want for them dropped, but seeing that trailer made me remember those long car rides where I'd fantasize about their moveset potential and character select screen animation (which for the record was the Rat-a-tat Rap).

What an amazing direct. Banjo, DQ finally being repped, and my personal highlight No More Heroes 3. Congratulations!!

Thewafflemaker2000

Smash Apprentice
Looking at the smash bros mural, I always knew behind the ice clmbers would be a perfect spot for banjo, say anyone know why at the end of the reveal banjo steals ivysuars pancakes? i dont get it.

Last edited:

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
I'm so happy right now! It's real! Banjo and kazooie are not guests, they are Nintendo characters and are back wherethey belongs!
Ehh...Are you sure about that? Banjo-Kazooie are owned by Rare, which used to be owned by Nintendo, but now Microsoft owns Rare. But hopefully, like I said before, this builds up Nintendo and Microsoft’s relationship, with them being in Smash, and all.

Last edited:

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
Phew, finally caught up with the thread. Still reeling from the hype and adjusting to it being real. Render's great, stock icon's great. Only things I want to see that I can't yet are their remaining moves, alternate skins, and what the rest of the songs will be.

Bit of a shame people reacted so strongly to Dragon Quest (I get it, emotions were high, but people could have at least held it in until post-Direct). I think a thank-you note like K. Rool Kutthroats did would go a long way to make up for that; whoever's organizing that, please count me in.

Love that Grant Kirkhope knew all along and actually composed the Spiral Mountain theme. Wouldn't have expected that to be their theme for this game, but it's a fantastic choice. The song also has a few short little nods to other world themes from the series, which is awesome.

And get ready for a huge influx of Banjo mains online come fall.

Looking at the smash bros mural, I always knew behind the ice clmbers would be a perfect spot for banjo, say anyone know why at the end of the reveal banjo steals ivysuars pancakes? i dont get it.
I believe it's a reference to Ssslumber from the first world of Banjo-Tooie, where Banjo has to sneak up to a giant snake in order to steal its Jiggy.

Last edited:

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
I for one am way too hyper over the German Amazon Banjo game listing. I keep refreshing for news on that.

D

Deleted member

That reveal was awesome, and I want to try a Banjo game, so put me in the thank you letter.

D

Deleted member

Put me down in the letter too, Sakurai made a long-time dream come true

Lacrimosa

Smash Lord
Looking at the smash bros mural, I always knew behind the ice clmbers would be a perfect spot for banjo, say anyone know why at the end of the reveal banjo steals ivysuars pancakes? i dont get it
Could be a reference to the Jigsaw (no idea how they're called in English) you can get in the first world of Banjo-Tooie: One jigsay piece is guarded by a snake that sleeps but wakes up if you are too fast with approaching. Banjo moves really slowly here, too.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
For anyone curious, Japan is absolutely freaking out about Banjo. Raito has even tweeted that “Duck Hunt is dead” and has been retweeting a bunch of Banjo stuff since the reveal.

Also I’d like to be in the thank you letter too.

GenoFlash

Smash Journeyman
We're making a letter? We should make a letter.

If there is one please put me down too.

Last edited:

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
I'll say it again since the thread has calmed down a lot compared to how it was hours ago, afraid my old message would be lost in-between the rapid influx of celebration posts back then.

Whoever is gonna be the head of the thank you card to Sakurai and the other fine people who made/allowed this to happen, please put me in it. Thanks.

Last edited:

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
But yes I am very glad for you Banjo fans. I hope you will be able to enjoy him when he releases. Somehow I didn't play his game back in the good 'ol N64 days, but I want to rectify that by playing his game sometime and getting to know him better.

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
I haven't posted in here much, but I want to say congratulations guys.

Ridley, King K. Rool, and now Banjo & Kazooie.

Dreams can come true.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
If we are making a letter I must have my name on it.

**** I've just never been so happy. It actually happened!

NuzTheMonkey

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure I broke my cup holder from excitement. Finally! If it isn't too much of a hassle, could you please put on the thank you letter? God knows Sakurai and team deserves thanks for this one. They pleased the Japanese and Western audiences.

Talazar

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Talazar_Dashie
3DS FC
1461-6194-5821
I know I said it earlier in the thread but just in case the people doing the thank you letter didn't see it please put me in.

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone have the 4Chan Leak that corrected the 3.1.0 update, The Heroes & Banjo-Kazooie at E3 Reveal with Resident Evil and Lloyd Irving?

Top Bottom