• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I love how Sakurai clearly knows the ones fan want. Making this a sequel to K. Rool's trailer was utterly genius.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
I’ve dreamt of King K. Rool joining Smash since the Melee days. I cried, I could not believe it... he was my number one wish...

My best friend who witnessed this, and I’ve had the pleasure playing Smash with since then also had a number one fighter of his dream; they were Banjo & Kazooie.

He supported me, and I supported him. Can’t wait to call him after he’s done with work.

We did it.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Congrats guys, you've earned it. The entire trailer and moment felt like a celebration, a really magical moment.

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
Finally! A DLC character I care about!

I'm so happy for y'all! And I'm happy for B-K, as well, finally getting their dues as the beloved stepchildren of the Nintendo pantheon!

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
I'm not gonna lie, I shed some nerd tears when I saw Banjo make it in.

Congrats guys. Actually congrats all of us because I'm a Banjo fan too -- I played those damn games growing up.

Today is a glorious day.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Howdy, this support thread is now the social thread. Feel free to get Jiggy with it in here. :D

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I’ve been looking forward to this for over 10 months. Like I said, I think the full story here is going to be very interesting. Crowd stood up instantly and was too loud to even hear my attempted chant. For people who supposedly have no way of knowing the characters, they sure do send people over the hype waterfall.

Congrats to everyone who stuck with the bear and bird all these years. This is your moment.

Last edited:

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Hey bud, don't be a sore winner. Some folks are still hopeful about Steve; our character getting in gives us no right to brag or talk down about other possible DLC characters.
The Grotesque Steve memes, not Steve himself and his wholesome fans.

But yeah, your right. I just so happy that we don’t have to put up with any detractors anymore.

Technically that would be Diddy Kong. =)

But either way CONGRATS DUDES!! Welcome to the good life! Now just hope Banjo's at least Mid-High tier. :p
That’s why I said 3rd party.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
To all the Smash fans like me who booted up Smash 64 and said, "Where's Banjo"... we're here. 20 years later. We won't ask anymore.

He's home.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Congratulations, one and all. After Erdrick's reveal at the beginning, I thought Banjo's chances were in the hole. But Sakurai pulled a fast one on us, and now they're here.

Y'all have been asking for this for a long time, so enjoy finally getting what you've wanted for so long. You deserve it.

ProjectDream

Smash Apprentice
Over 10 years of waiting, hoping, ever since Smash 64 I wanted this and the wait is finally over.

Feels like a huge weight is off my shoulders.

I'm just glad its over, that entire experience was nothing short of euphoric.

LunchPolice

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LunchPolice
3DS FC
5456-0847-1584
Thank you Nintendo
Thank you Microsoft
Thank you Rare
Thank you Sakurai

Smash is truly Ultimate now!!!

DownBCounter

Smash Rookie
I literally have all of my wanted characters in Smash now. 100% of them. I'm completely out of ideas for who I would want added from here on out other than "I just hope they have a unique move set". This is great. Ultimate indeed. Just wish they were releasing sooner than Fall.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Felt like I saw a shooting star! What a miracle, they're paying attention to the ballot! Big big big congrats everyone <3

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Congrats guys. Hope your wait from here until his release doesn't feel as long as my wait for Joker did

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Spiral Mountain looks gorgeous, Banjo and Kazooie look great, and I am so relieved! I didn't even think it was possible, and I have no idea how any future Smash game will top this roster.
Toad/Captain Toad, Toadette (Echo), Team Rocket (Meowth with Ekans and Koffing), Dixie Kong, and Mortal Kombat characters (Scorpion and Sub-Zero) in a future Smash game will do it for me.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
Also cherish this moment: Today is the last day Banjo isn't in Smash. Remember today as the last day you've had to stick up for "your dead characters". Remember today as the last day you've had to sit and wonder, "What if he they came back..." Remember this day as the last day that modern society isn't really familiar with who Banjo-Kazooie are. This is the end of an era.
THE NEXT CHAPTER STARTS NOW!!!

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Late, but HOLY **** THAT REVEAL TRAILER WAS SO GOOD.

I was literally shaking so bad from laughter and tears, oh my god after so many years I didn't think he'd actually make in but he did.

He's finally home :cry:

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Two of my never-evers made it so I don’t care who else makes it.

The Banjo reveal was brilliant. I love the callback to Gruntilda’s death and all the Rare characters together. I don’t even need anything else.

Smultimate is probably the best video game ever made. Just.... god damn.

T2by4

Smash Lord
They even kept his goofy smooth nose rather than his blocky one on xbox. He looks so good! Sakurai truly listened... We did it. The war against steve is over... Bros. We won.

Top Bottom