• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Taco Cruise

Smash Journeyman
Summer is very late for Erdrick/DQ Heros to release, they are way behind on DLC Characters releasing. Vergeben is still super accurate, but I'm scared

Goodstyle_4

Smash Journeyman
The guy that called the DQ hero before anyone is super confident about Banjo. Look on the bright side guys.

BZocky

Smash Ace
The direct isn’t even over yet as you’re already ragging on Erdrick... I think he looks really cool and he’s definitely gonna be a new main of mine. Just a reminder Verge reconfirmed Erdrick in the same post as he said banjo was 99% likely

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Another anime swordsman. Cool. /s
I remember when I first played Smash 64, and aside from the fun aspect of playing as Nintendo critters, I found it cool how the roster was so unorthodox. When games like Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat had mostly humanoid fighters (with some weird stuff like Motaro in MK), Smash had two weird balls with limbs (Kirby and Jigglypuff), a strange tiny rodent, a goofy cartoon dinosaur, etc. I mean, we had Samus and Link, but they were the exception.

Nowadays most new fighters are boring humanoids, and for the most part with uninteresting (to me) anime aesthetics. Like I said in my other post, Dragon Quest is an old and popular series, so it kind of fits in Smash (more than Bayonetta and Joker, IMO) but I miss what once made Smash unique among fighting games. Sure, we can still play as weird stuff like Kirby, Pac-Man, a dog and a duck, etc - But I wish they would add more crazy fun fighters as DLC.

Banjo & Kazooie, or Geno, or Rayman - Those would have been fun additions.

I hope people have fun with The Hero, though. I am not trying to rain on other people's parades. I suppose I am just not the target audience for Smash anymore.

Last edited:

Quidohmi

Smash Apprentice
As bummed as I am if Banjo's a no show; let's not be sore losers, all.
Nintendo is doing a poor job at advertising the Fighter Pass to me. We got an anime boy with a sword and... an anime boy with a sword.

Criticizing poor decisions isn't being a sore loser. Nintendo needs to diversify the pass.

HotelSoapy!

Smash Apprentice
I'm already sad. I don't wanna be all negative I'm just gonna hold out until the end of this direct.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Why do we have to pretend to be excited for a character and happy for a fanbase if we're actually not? Why do we have to pretend to be happy on the internet for the sake of other random people on the internet?

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I will say I'm impressed that they found a way to cram 4 more generic sword users in the DLC for this 1 reveal alone.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
I mean, Banjo isn’t deconfirmed in anyway and I’m happy for the Erdrick supporters that sided with us.

But my beef is why they would reveal a Japan popular character at a Western event and it makes me wonder where Banjo is gonna be shown next.

I just feel E3 was the perfect chance...but I won’t give up hope.

ze9

Smash Ace
This was the most accurate leak in the end:

Here's the full Smash Bros DLC list:

>Tracer from Overwatch, OW + Diablo music, stage could potentially be either "Gibraltar" or "King's Row", or maybe I'm missing something

>Crash Bandicoot, Spyro content licensed as well but does not include music making it likely that the playable character is Crash

>Gran/Djeeta, the MCs of the Granblue series, able to summon other characters

>The hero from Dragon Quest 3... And also DQ9 and DQ1. The character is named "The Hero", just "Hero" in EU. Every costume is a different iteration of a Dragon Quest protagonist.

So, only shill picks and no Banjo, as we should have expected from the beginning.

Toodaluu

Smash Rookie
NNID
toodaluu
Switch FC
SW 5255 4928 2692
Did they give a release date for Luminary? I believe Banjo could still be presented at the end.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
I fail to see how Crash is a shill pick.

Anyway, it’s possible Shinobi never hinted at Banjo being revealed at E3 specifically, just in general.

ze9

Smash Ace
The Hero will be released in summer, I imagine july/august. So Banjo would have to come even after that. He won't be revealed today, guys.

Guys, one good thing to take from Erdrick’s reveal: he got an awesome cinematic trailer! Which means we can probably expect one for Banjo!

D

Deleted member

Okay. I take back my hanging myself. No More Heroes 3 is announced!

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom