• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

TropicalBreeze

Smash Apprentice
I'm seeing a lot of people say they don't want Banjo because he is a Duck Hunt clone. It's really annoying because that's in no way true.
It is well established that the smash community can twist any popular character into an echo of another. Ridleyzard comes to mind, as does this classic.
14e.png

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Has anybody seen this? I know Sabi said they aren't going to leak the Direct anymore but do you think they saw something and want to make sure we don't get our hopes up?
I don't think this means much of anything considering that Sabi never really suggested or hinted at a character. Seems like more she doesn't want to be yelled at by Smash fans and it sounds more like repeating the last statuses of other leakers.

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
Sheesh, just yesterday I was scrolling through my community feed on my Xbox One and read a Banjo related post and saw a comment of someone saying Banjo is "just Duck Hunt with shorts." (And someone else said he should be a Steve costume...) Anyone who thinks Banjo would be a clone of Duck Hunt needs to go play some Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie.
Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie would chew up and spit out 90% of Steve stans, honestly.

D

Deleted member

Remember guys. IF, IF it happens, tag me. So i can activate the anime avatar and start pre-ordering Peach Ball.

God why do i do this to myself?

Say, guys, what would Banjo-Kazooie's stage entrance be, as in how would they get onto the stage at the beginning of each fight?
- A picture frame with floating pieces appears within sparks of magic(the ones you encounter throughout the games, note door open,etc) pieces quickly fall into place in the frame for a portrait of Banjo & Kazooie, which then forms into the bear and bird who strike a pose.

- Banjo & Kazooie swoop (maybe a in flight beak bomb, can't remember the name of the move) onto the stage, shuddering the floor below them with a bunch of red feathers spilling from the impact, with a breee and a gu-huh included. The duo strike a pose before assuming their fighting stance.

I remember people saying K. Rool would just be a Bowser Echo if he got in and than they turned around and say how unique he is when he got in. Lol! They're going to react the same to Banjo & Kazooie.
"Whirling Galleon"

Last edited:

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
The funny thing is that if Banjo's in, Duck Hunt would likely have been used as a base character like Ike and ZSS were for Cloud/Bayo. There's even possible evidence that that's the case (Duck Hunt All-Star glitch, but it could just be a coincidence).

So yeah, anyone unironically saying they'd be an echo is ignorant, but there would definitely be some connection between the two.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Alright I got done with my video. Lets hope it remains true in the next 14 hours. Go easy on me this is the first time I have done basically everything in this video. I would upload it to twitter but for some reason it won't let me.

ze9

Smash Ace
If anything, it's Banjo & Kazooie that inspired Duck Hunt.
The duck sure wasn't constantly resting on the dog's back to be able to do combined attacks, before they got in Smash.

BigZGaming2015

Smash Journeyman
Who's ready for the Nintendo servers to be down all day tomorrow?
My internet keeps going in and out so I'm hoping its just one day and not a week :upsidedown:

Alright I got done with my video. Lets hope it remains true in the next 14 hours. Go easy on me this is the first time I have done basically everything in this video. I would upload it to twitter but for some reason it won't let me.

Ayyye great work bud! I really like it, especially the ending lmao

Last edited:

T2by4

Smash Lord
Has anybody seen this? I know Sabi said they aren't going to leak the Direct anymore but do you think they saw something and want to make sure we don't get our hopes up?
Sabi has to absolutely be held accountable. They can't just say in a tweet that banjo is in and have subtle hints about a picture of a bear and a witch and backtrack and say "I didn't do it." If they are wrong, then they are lying. No ifs and or butts. They did this back when they were hyping up Geno, if they are wrong then they are no longer credible.

Last edited:

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
I love that we're all sitting here, biting our nails and sweating up a storm. It's a real community moment.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace

I see the meme queen is at it again. Great work!
Hoping it ages like fine wine

xwingz900

Smash Apprentice

This is gold, 10/10

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Sabi never claimed Banjo was in, and what she said doesn’t imply anything except “don’t hunt me down because of your made up misinformation” which she actually pretty much says. Ctoan clarified that Sabi only said yes to telling them if she finds out if Banjo is in or not, and the only thing Sabi has are image hints she probably doesn’t want to be 100% on.

TemporalShrew

Smash Journeyman
Sabi never claimed Banjo was in, and what she said doesn’t imply anything except “don’t hunt me down because of your made up misinformation” which she actually pretty much says. Ctoan clarified that Sabi only said yes to telling them if she finds out if Banjo is in or not, and the only thing Sabi has are image hints she probably doesn’t want to be 100% on.
There was a problem fetching the tweet

This is a... disconcerting tweet, though, given the circumstances.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I love that we're all sitting here, biting our nails and sweating up a storm. It's a real community moment.
This is the best chance we’ve ever had.

Not saying it could never happen at a later date, but if they’re not revealed tomorrow it’ll be another twenty years before the stars align like this again.

We’re all just waiting, and while I believe he’s in others aren’t so easily convinced. It’s a tense time.

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
just remember all the evidence banjo has and look at the evidence other characters have had...do that to keep faith

Why would banjo merchandise come out a year after the duo's 20th anniversary?

MissingGlitch

Smash Master

In Minecraft you break stones. Not turn them over. Checkmate.

Also with the situation she is in right now. I'm sure Nintendo is heavily watching. Even hints can get her in hot water. So I really doubt this is a hint.

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion

Well its directly contradictory considering she literally said she doesn't know who the rep is in her other tweet.

Edit: She said she didn't know (up until that point i guess). Hmmmm. Now I'm not sure:/

Last edited:

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
The worst part of all this is that when it's over, whether Banjo is in or not, we'll all have to stop worrying about him and start worrying about real human problems again.

TemporalShrew

Smash Journeyman
Well its directly contradictory considering she literally said she doesn't know who the rep is in her other tweet.
I got the feeling she was referring to her past statements there, though - as in, "I never guaranteed anything!", not "I still have no idea."

EDIT: Theoretically, she could also be talking to fans of other characters who don't want Banjo, come to think of it.

Last edited:

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
God, I'm so upset. Sabi knows. She knows and she was going to tell us, but that squealer had to squeal, Nintendo had to be a bunch of little b-words, and now here we are, sitting in the dark, with no choice but to wait several hours to see for ourselves.

Life isn't fair.

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
why is everyone all doom and gloom? need i remind you all that banjo has more evidence towards him than anyone else currently

we haven't heard credible leakers hop on board the erdrick train or steve or doom guy

those characters didn't start getting merch randomly and a company that makes controller holder didn't target an E3 post mentioning them to promote their controller holder and then tease something tied to it

xwingz900

Smash Apprentice
I'm so excited, I'm probably not going to be able to sleep tonight!

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
God, I'm so upset. Sabi knows. She knows and she was going to tell us, but that squealer had to squeal, Nintendo had to be a bunch of little b-words, and now here we are, sitting in the dark, with no choice but to wait several hours to see for ourselves.

Life isn't fair.
I can't tell if this post is parody or you're legitimately whining about having to wait the amount of time you should be waiting regardless for someone to not come in and ruin something Nintendo, Sakurai and Namco have worked hard on.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

She still never claimed she knew who the character was, and with what she said she still seems unsure. Since she mentioned what she thought about Xenother, she could just be guarding her back incase it isn’t Steve and people blame her still.

She also claimed nothing happened to her source, so it’s very likely Nintendo doesn’t know what info she got, debunking the whole “leakbait” theory; they just sent her a C&D because of her Microsoft leaks and announcement that she’ll leak Nintendo’s E3.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Was Shinobi talking about E3 when he made his Banjo comment, or was he speaking in general?
He'd be a fool to make a general statement so close to E3 with how everything blew up.

SmashingXan2

Smash Journeyman

That's bs. We know for a fact, its confirmed we are seeing the next DLC character at E3, yet he is unsure of it. If every stone was unturned, he would know, but he doesnt.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
It sounds like she's trying to cover her back regardless of who gets in to me. She doesn't want to get yelled at by fans of whatever characters doesn't get announced.

I'm putting my trust in Shinobi.

TemporalShrew

Smash Journeyman
She still never claimed she knew who the character was, and with what she said she still seems unsure. Since she mentioned what she thought about Xenother, she could just be guarding her back incase it isn’t Steve and people blame her still.

She also claimed nothing happened to her source, so it’s very likely Nintendo doesn’t know what info she got, debunking the whole “leakbait” theory; they just sent her a C&D because of her Microsoft leaks and announcement that she’ll leak Nintendo’s E3.
Oh, you know what, I hadn't considered that - she's bringing up Steve and Banjo by proxy in bringing up Xenother and Verg, so the meaning becomes incredibly vague in that sense. She's basically just telling fans on either side to please not harass her if their pick isn't in. Makes sense.

Top Bottom