• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Bobthealligator

Smash Ace
Bear in mind that, if Banjo is not in (I think he is) then he never was in. He was not promised and Nintendo didn't promise he would be. Get annoyed with Shinobi, get annoyed with Vergeben, but don't get annoyed with Nintendo. I'm not a Banjo fan, but I do respect your fan base, you are one of the few who supports your character without attacking other character's fanbases. I hope you get what you want tomorrow.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Bear in mind that, if Banjo is not in (I think he is) then he never was in. He was not promised and Nintendo didn't promise he would be. Get annoyed with Shinobi, get annoyed with Vergeben, but don't get annoyed with Nintendo. I'm not a Banjo fan, but I do respect your fan base, you are one of the few who supports your character without attacking other character's fanbases. I hope you get what you want tomorrow.
I've been telling this thread time and again that there's a chance that neither the Banjo nor the Steve fans will get what they want. No one from Microsoft is guaranteed to get in, since playable Western third parties, until further notice, are still very much a new thing they won't feel like taking a risk on yet. One's gotta understand that unlike Harada and crew at Bamco, Nintendo prefers remaining in their comfort zone, and that's fine.

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
I'm seeing a lot of people calling it quits at this point on Twitter just because there was no Banjo game at Microsoft's E3 or any presence of Banjo for that matter. How in the world did this start anyway? Like who told these people that a Banjo game was a part of the hinting/leak and if it doesn't happen "welp, that means they're 100% not getting into Smash"? It sure wasn't Shinobi, I know that for a fact.

I just don't understand, it's crazy and kinda annoying.

HeroZeus12

Smash Rookie
So I've been a lurker on this forum for a while and wanted to create an account to get in on the conversation.

Whatever happens tomorrow, just remember that we will have three more chances of the duo getting in if it isn't announced at E3. I'll be happy with whoever gets in, but will be ecstatic if Banjo finally makes his return!

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
I've been telling this thread time and again that there's a chance that neither the Banjo nor the Steve fans will get what they want. No one from Microsoft is guaranteed to get in, since playable Western third parties, until further notice, are still very much a new thing they won't feel like taking a risk on yet. One's gotta understand that unlike Harada and crew at Bamco, Nintendo prefers remaining in their comfort zone, and that's fine.
You can apply that to any character really. Not just Microsoft characters.

Anyway if Banjo Kazooie don't appear at Nintendo's E3 then they may still appear in the fighter's pass. It's never over for me until all the slots are filled. If Banjo Kazooie truly aren't in Super Smash bros Ultimate then Rare, Microsoft and Nintendo can come out and say it.

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Hey, I hope you like nightmarish comic dubbings!

I know I'm a little late on it, But this is too perfect and hilarious, Pretty much sums up the rivalry in almost a scripted main event boxing fight.

Steve: The cocky heavyweight behemoth with all the success, fame and glory and that you should bow down to and is viewed as the favorite.

VS

Banjo-Kazooie: The washed-up underdog past his prime, That no one believe's stands a chance and who is trying make one final comeback to his former glory.

(Side note: Voice heavily reminds me of "Him" from the PowerPuff Girls)

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...sts_nintendo_direct_as_a_place_you_need_to_be

Well, it appears that a plot twist has happened. Why would Microsoft tell people to pay attention to the forthcoming Nintendo Direct?

thinking3.jpgFC595075-3458-4EC7-A123-38A5166B3D10Original.jpg

Ah well, it's probably not important, since they listed Ubisoft and Square-Enix too.

You can apply that to any character really. Not just Microsoft characters.

Anyway if Banjo Kazooie don't appear at Nintendo's E3 then they may still appear in the fighter's pass. It's never over for me until all the slots are filled.
I mean, I'm just saying that people think that Western characters are a shoo-in ever since the 5Chan "leak" happened. Which is odd, because while Smash does consistently change habits, I don't think they go full hog on it on some of them from the onset (e.g.: we got second characters for third parties, but they're echoes). So I find it extremely doubtful that we'd get two Western characters in the same game that adds that as a new feature, if the 5Chan leak was true at all.

That being said, I am prepared to be proven wrong, since the universe frequently does that.

I know I'm a little late on it, But this is too perfect and hilarious, Pretty much sums up the rivalry in almost a scripted main event boxing fight.

Steve: The cocky heavyweight behemoth with all the success, fame and glory and that you should bow down too and is viewed as the favorite.

VS

Banjo-Kazooie: The washed-up underdog past his prime, That no one who believe's stands a chance and who is trying make one final comeback to his former glory.

(Side note: Voice heavily reminds me of "Him" from the PowerPuff Girls)
Is there an ending in which they knock each other out from a cross counter?

Last edited:

DMTN

Smash Journeyman
I never expected a Banjo game to appear at E3 in the first place, so no harm done. At the very most, I expect Banjo in Smash and a quick Switch port of the first game. And I would still be extremely happy about that.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
I mean, I'm just saying that people think that Western characters are a shoo-in ever since the 5Chan "leak" happened. Which is odd, because while Smash does consistently change habits, I don't think they go full hog on it on some of them from the onset (e.g.: we got second characters for third parties, but they're echoes). So I find it extremely doubtful that we'd get two Western characters in the same game that adds that as a new feature, if the 5Chan leak was true at all.
I see, well I can't disagree with you there.

With Banjo Kazooie, I can imagine they must have made an impact on the Smash Ballot for them to get this much outcry for the character. The ballot results for Banjo Kazooie must have gotten Nintendo's attention, granted nobody knows and will know the ballot results but again, The duo must have done amazingly well.

Even still, Banjo Kazooie also have the added benefit of having done well in Japan as well as overseas and with Shinobi and Indiegamerchick behind Banjo Kazooie, I'll be very surprised to see them not appear at all, but still I'm desensitised to being disappointed so I'm not going to make a scene if they don't appear.

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
We just have to take things in stride and wait until tomorrow. Its not the end of the world if they aren't in. Maybe the end of a continent, but not the whole world.

Whoever is revealed tomorrow, there shouldn't be attacks against that fanbase. No fanbase should be hated simply because they lucked out and got something.

That said, its fine to find the pick to be disappointing and you can disagree with it getting in. No one has to perfectly accept and embrace every Smash addition. You don't go screaming or verbally attack because someone you wanted didn't get in and someone you didn't did, but you are allowed to admit you find them lackluster, boring or just plain don't like them. Of course, going into a celebrating fanbase thread that you don't frequent to say that can be seen as provoking them.

Despising a character is one thing; disagreeing with one is a different thing. I like how Corrin plays and the character can be fun. I still think their addition at the time was a bad move.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Here's the quote from BKupa;
I really want to hear the eventual interviews about Banjo because his full story has the potential to be really good too. As in, Nintendo approaching Microsoft and touting his ballot performance being the spark needed not just for his return in Smash but his games being ported to Switch too, though that last bit I’m not sure of. (In all likelihood) one more sleep until we find out. Guh-huh!

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'm fine with whoever's coming next, as long as it's someone I actually give some sort of hoot about. Which is about 98% of the characters that have been brought up at some point on this board, so...:drshrug:

It's just the wait that's killing me, but fortunately work days make it all go faster.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
It's in the morning and loads of users are on, including loads of ones I have never seen, Is there some event going on or something?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
It's in the morning and loads of users are on, including loads of ones I have never seen, Is there some event going on or something?
Did you miss the cease and desist Sabi received yesterday for leaking Nintendo E3 stuff?

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Nothing really at the moment, Just another day of speculation on the Banjo-Kazooie thread during E3 season.

Last edited:

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
Sooooo.... Anyone watching the SiIvaGunner direct tomorrow? It's right before Nintendo's presentation so...

Yeah, I know, unrelated but I'm kinda curious if someone else here is into SiIvaGunner.

ze9

Smash Ace
RIP Sabi
Sooooo.... Anyone watching the SiIvaGunner direct tomorrow? It's right before Nintendo's presentation so...

Yeah, I know, unrelated but I'm kinda curious if someone else here is into SiIvaGunner.
Who's this Silvagunner guy?

Kokiden

Smash Ace
I only just followed this thread today, and am not up to date on all this info, but I heard that Nintendo bought the rights for Banjo Kazooie? Is this true?

I have no expectations whatsoever as to who will get into smash and am indifferent for the most part, however as someone who grew up playing Banjo Kazooie and Banjo Tooie, if Banjo's inclusion means those games will be ported to the switch... I am not going to say no to that lol. Loved those games.

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
On ResetEra, they're so negative about Banjo & Kazooie for Smash. Things like "will never happen". On here, we are much more positive. Nice!

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334

I know of one GilvaSunner... :^)

I heard that Nintendo bought the rights for Banjo Kazooie? Is this true?
No it's just my silly theory but the Exquisite Gaming Banjo Kazooie cable guy had Nintendo at the front of his name so it looked like he was back to being on Nintendo. I'll look it up in just a second.

Edit: Here is the link: https://www.cld.be/ShowItem.aspx?id_art=104639

Last edited:

GillyGrime

Smash Journeyman
The smash fanbase is notorious for being confident and elated one minute, to defeated and pessimistic the next.

I recall the K Rool thread being gloomy as ever shortly before the August direct as there were “rumours” of “no new DK rep” and look at how that played out. Arguably the low expectations some people had made the comeback that extra bit sweeter. Just imagine the sense of relief and childlike excitement many of you will feel if Banjo crashes into Smash.

Also if they aren’t revealed tomorrow, there’s always the VGAs. Lets not forget Cloud, previously considered a pipe dream, was revealed for Smash 4 in an unassuming random Nintendo direct.

It’s not over till the fat witch rhymes

D

Deleted member

Look y’all I highly doubt banjo is leakbait if he was Rand al Thor igc etc would be shut down

I’m not giving up until tomorrow

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
It's every E3 thing on the schedule. Microsoft is likely just being courteous. We've had tweets like this in the past.
It's not like we got any Xbox related Zelda news afterwards.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Sabi getting the cease and dsist wasn't because of some silly "leakbait" theory. It's because she had correctly leaked tons of correct info and she probably would have leaked the Direct. Her downfall was that she was getting too ballsy in announcing she would be leaking ****, and of course Nintendo was going to take action against that. This is nothing to do with characters being leakbait or not.

Plus, Shinobi still hasn't backpedled or clarified his original tease. If he had any doubts, I think he would have said something by now. He has like an 100% track record, including leaking Ultimate before it was announced. Why would be be suddenly wrong this time? I think the reason why he gets away with his leaks is because he's so cryptic.

I also think that Verge is extremely confident in his source, but he doesn't know which order Banjo and Erdrick will be revealed. That "1%" is hardly enough room for him to backpedel as if he's wrong, people will call him out on it. That 1% isn't going to save his ass.

Also, with the exception of Corrin, when has a character ever been used as shameless advertising? That's the only time I've seen that happen.

There's no reason to give up hope just yet.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Nintendo isn't known to send out leakbait. Banjo would have had to have been bad information from multiple different sources. Ironically out of the 2 characters more likely to be leakbait it's Erdrick as Square ARE known for doing that.

None of the leaks that got our hopes up in the first place said anything about new games or remakes, and we know without question that Microsoft would have never revealed Smash info themselves.

I say hold out hope until tomorrow, or see if any leaks pop up today. If they're not announced in Nintendo's direct, ONLY then am I confident they aren't in Smash.

Gekkouga

Smash Cadet
I'm still hopeful for my favorite duo.

I don't know how i'm going to react when/if they're in the game. My fave character of all time is Greninja, but that was still a fresh character when it was revealed so it didn't impact me as greatly as Banjo & Kazooie would. The precious memories I have of Diddy Kong Racing, B-K and B-T are something I treasure soo so much. I'd literally cry if they're in even when i've never been too invested in videogames to begin with.

It'd be a 1000/10 inclusion to me if they add a medley of wintery Diddy Kong Racing themes. Everfrost Peak/Walrus Cove/Frosty Village. AHHHH. Perfection

Last edited:

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
Nothing really at the moment, Just another day of speculation on the Banjo-Kazooie during E3 season.
Speculation is fun. Good luck to you BK fans. I personally have zero problem with any character being brought in. Banjo seems fun.

Though if they were to release a port to switch it the OG I’d def have to pick that up

Last edited:

BigZGaming2015

Smash Journeyman
I took a break last night from speculation and come back to find ten unread pages and that the Nintendo Ninjas got Sabi what the honest ****

We got one more day lads, I think we can pull through and hope for the best

Top Bottom