• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
It could be for Minecraft dungeons... or...
Nintendo already uploaded a Minecraft Dungeons trailer on YouTube. There is no more Minecraft content left to lead into a character reveal. Why would Nintendo showcase Dungeons in the direct when Xbox and their own YouTube has?
We still have Sabi's confidence in Rare Replay. The big mantra with all this Banjo drama is that they are "coming back". An announcement of Rare Replay would fit in with the "coming back" theme implied by Exquisite gaming, Indie Gamer Chick, and even Phil Spencer's desire to being Banjo back to Nintendo's platform. Even Shinobi's post can sort of imply this as well, since he said "Its been a while since we saw Banjo in anything." I'm looking a little deeper at Shinobi's post since his God of war Norse setting tease says "My Boy" in reference to Atraus , Kratos' son. Dudes known to be cryptic.

Ctoan

Smash Apprentice
I'ma need some verification on that chief. Who is Ctoan and why should we believe them?
With all due respect, friend. I've learned not to trust word-of-mouth. Do you have any proper evidence for this claim?
Again I'm sorry. I poorly worded that post. I meant yes as in yes she WOULD tell me once she knew who it was so I wouldn't be spoiled by anything else. I know nothing more than y'all, sorry to get anyone's hopes up. :(

Last edited:

Banjig

Smash Rookie
I just made an account on here to join the hype train - I got Banjo Kazooie nuts and bolts for Christmas 2008 when I was just a small boy. Without that, I never would have explored the original games, more specifically the first, which remains my all time favourite game today. Nearly eleven years later and there's finally a chance we might see our favourite bear and bird return! Either that, or we see all of these leakers lose their credibility and we all become more cynical in the future; let's hope it's the former!

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I just made an account on here to join the hype train - I got Banjo Kazooie nuts and bolts for Christmas 2008 when I was just a small boy. Without that, I never would have explored the original games, more specifically the first, which remains my all time favourite game today. Nearly eleven years later and there's finally a chance we might see our favourite bear and bird return! Either that, or we see all of these leakers lose their credibility and we all become more cynical in the future; let's hope it's the former!
Welcome aboard! Enjoy your stay!

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Well, it appears that a plot twist has happened. Why would Microsoft tell people to pay attention to the forthcoming Nintendo Direct?
I’m really hoping it’s Banjo-Kazooie.

I’d be surprised but not upset if it’s Steve from Minecraft.

I’d be shocked in a negative way if it’s Master Chief from Halo.

ze9

Smash Ace
A guy (group of team) that upload the most high quality video game rips in existence.

Here's what they uploaded a couple of hours ago:
Ah, he's the one with the trolly mash-ups.

Speaking of music, did you know the original song from which the theme of Gruntilda's Lair takes inspiration?

I love this. So dreamy and child-like, yet somehow creepy. Just like a fairy tale.
It is really in tune with Gruntilda's Lair's atmosphere.

Last edited:

Goodstyle_4

Smash Journeyman
Remember, the main leaker for Steve, said he was 99% sure it'd be Banjo and that the MCraft content might just be a stage or something. The guy who heavily hinted at him at ResetEra has a great track record. Vergerben called Incineroar and Ken and other things. Banjo is coming folks, I am dead certain.

Banjig

Smash Rookie
Remember, the main leaker for Steve, said he was 99% sure it'd be Banjo and that the MCraft content might just be a stage or something. The guy who heavily hinted at him at ResetEra has a great track record. Vergerben called Incineroar and Ken and other things. Banjo is coming folks, I am dead certain.
Honestly the main reason why this leak seems so believable to me is that several leakers have put their reputations on the line to say that Banjo is coming to Smash. Like, why risk it, right?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
In that case, I hope Banjo-Kazooie will have their classic N64 designs but updated like the Donkey Kong Country characters. I just cannot stand the Nuts & Bolts designs. To me, it’s like comparing Arcade design Pac-Man and Ghostly Adventures design Pac-Man.

Ctoan

Smash Apprentice
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...sts_nintendo_direct_as_a_place_you_need_to_be

Well, it appears that a plot twist has happened. Why would Microsoft tell people to pay attention to the forthcoming Nintendo Direct?

View attachment 226959

Ah well, it's probably not important, since they listed Ubisoft and Square-Enix too.

I mean, I'm just saying that people think that Western characters are a shoo-in ever since the 5Chan "leak" happened. Which is odd, because while Smash does consistently change habits, I don't think they go full hog on it on some of them from the onset (e.g.: we got second characters for third parties, but they're echoes). So I find it extremely doubtful that we'd get two Western characters in the same game that adds that as a new feature, if the 5Chan leak was true at all.

That being said, I am prepared to be proven wrong, since the universe frequently does that.

Is there an ending in which they knock each other out from a cross counter?
I originally wrote this off as it just being a general schedule for E3. But then I noticed that they claim it is part of Xbox E3 and everything else there are third parties for Xbox, and PC gaming related (and MS obviously does PC stuff considering they make games on/own the OS). Now granted, this could just mean we're just getting some ports of smaller games like that Minecraft spinoff, but still actually pretty notable.
Hey man, welcome to the roller coaster ride!

Last edited:

BigZGaming2015

Smash Journeyman
I agree, I'd like an updated version of the classic N64 design but I wouldn't mind if they threw in one or two costume slots for the Nuts and Bolts design, like how Ridley has 2 costume slots for Meta Ridley
In that case, I hope Banjo-Kazooie will have their classic N64 designs but updated like the Donkey Kong Country characters. I just cannot stand the Nuts & Bolts designs. To me, it’s like comparing Arcade design Pac-Man and Ghostly Adventures design Pac-Man.

ze9

Smash Ace
Sakurai has never ever ****ed up a character design (well, okay, Corrin, but the source material was what it was), I'm confident bear & bird will be in their classic N64 design, tastefully updated for HD consoles.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
OG Banjo-Kazooie is of course the best, but if my options are Nuts and Bolts Banjo-Kazooie or nothing at all, Nuts and Bolts all the way. I would be shocked though if they took Nuts and Bolts Banjo design though. All of the recent merchandise and all of the fond memories are from the older designs, if they make it in it's purely for nostalgia purposes and that's the feeling they'd want to capture.

ze9

Smash Ace
Sakurai was ready to drop Pac-man, in the case Namco wanted to force him to use the GA design instead of the classic one.
Banjo will be perfect, or he won't be in at all.

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
Sakurai and his team made Ken of all characters, KEN, not look ugly which is something Capcom struggles with ever since around 10 years ago so I'm 100% confident Banjo & Kazooie will look perfect or very close to perfection.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
You know... a similar situation to this happened to K. Rool.... when LoZ18 leaked that DM where Verge told him a source said no new DK character's in Smash(which Verge didnt believe btw) the K. Rool boards were wrought with defeat... we felt like our time wasn't going to come... add to this every leaker saying Simon and it just seemed like Rool wasn't going to get his time.. and then he showed up at the end of the direct in dramatic fashion.

We hit the lowest low and then the highest high... I'm feeling it for Banjo too. If Banjo somehow doesn't make it.. then this is the biggest misfire in Ultimates speculation period. You have 3 different BIG sources saying his name or hinting towards him...Verge, Shinobi, and Sabi's NoA source... to me that's incredible odds in his favor. I'm confident he's getting in. I never wavered on K. Rool either I was confident he was getting in and that's without leaker support... I've been confident in Banjo since DLC started and I'm still confident now

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
Leakers have several sources, I imagine not all of them are accurate.

Verge was right about the roster, the only guy he didn’t get was Joker. And no one got Joker.
Nobody got King K. Rool either.
So to change topics a bit and to liven up the mood, what do ya'll plan on doing while waiting for the direct?

I'm gonna be binge watching the entire collection of classic VeggieTales, as I do every year.
I won't be able to watch the Direct until 2:30 ET because of my class tomorrow, I'll just try to be as calm as possible until then.
If someone could PM me the full Direct video when Nintendo uploads it I'd be very thankful.

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
This day is going to be one of the longest days of my lifetime. I can just say that after waiting years and years for Banjo and Kazooie to return, I really hope this is it. Can I finally live the dream I have always dreamed about since melee? I need tomorrow to come soon so we all can finally know.
350-3503515_retweet-to-help-raise-awareness-for-banjo-kazooie.jpg

I GOTTA BELIEVE!!!!

ze9

Smash Ace
No really, past Smash games could be a little hit or miss sometimes, but Ultimate's art direction is really something else. Basically every single character looks the best they ever did.
I can't wait to see Banjo get such a royal treatment (well... if he's in).

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Nintendo already uploaded a Minecraft Dungeons trailer on YouTube. There is no more Minecraft content left to lead into a character reveal. Why would Nintendo showcase Dungeons in the direct when Xbox and their own YouTube has?
We still have Sabi's confidence in Rare Replay. The big mantra with all this Banjo drama is that they are "coming back". An announcement of Rare Replay would fit in with the "coming back" theme implied by Exquisite gaming, Indie Gamer Chick, and even Phil Spencer's desire to being Banjo back to Nintendo's platform. Even Shinobi's post can sort of imply this as well, since he said "Its been a while since we saw Banjo in anything." I'm looking a little deeper at Shinobi's post since his God of war Norse setting tease says "My Boy" in reference to Atraus , Kratos' son. Dudes known to be cryptic.
Hey... you didn't let me finish yet... :^(

As I was saying... or Banjo Kazooie in Super Smash Bros Ultimate. See? I didn't lose hope! I have full confidence in Shinobi!

Last edited:

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
When do you guys think the Smash character announcement? Will it be the opener, will they put it somewhere in the middle or will it be the last "surprise" thing?

Me, I'm hoping for the opener (if the character is something big like Banjo) or somewhere in the middle. I don't want DLC to be the end of a big E3 presentation, like ever.

Mr. Stagg

You know... a similar situation to this happened to K. Rool.... when LoZ18 leaked that DM where Verge told him a source said no new DK character's in Smash(which Verge didnt believe btw) the K. Rool boards were wrought with defeat... we felt like our time wasn't going to come... add to this every leaker saying Simon and it just seemed like Rool wasn't going to get his time.. and then he showed up at the end of the direct in dramatic fashion.

We hit the lowest low and then the highest high... I'm feeling it for Banjo too. If Banjo somehow doesn't make it.. then this is the biggest misfire in Ultimates speculation period. You have 3 different BIG sources saying his name or hinting towards him...Verge, Shinobi, and Sabi's NoA source... to me that's incredible odds in his favor. I'm confident he's getting in. I never wavered on K. Rool either I was confident he was getting in and that's without leaker support... I've been confident in Banjo since DLC started and I'm still confident now
Y'know, call me crazy but doesn't a lot seem to line up with both K.Rool and Banjo-Kazooie? The speculation timeline, the company of origin, hell, even the memers and trolls who defied both are the same. Just like K.Rool, the same push back from the same people with the same arguments happened to Banjo. I guess the only difference here is that we got a lot more pointing in our favor this time around.

BigZGaming2015

Smash Journeyman
When do you guys think the Smash character announcement? Will it be the opener, will they put it somewhere in the middle or will it be the last "surprise" thing?

Me, I'm hoping for the opener (if the character is something big like Banjo) or somewhere in the middle. I don't want DLC to be the end of a big E3 presentation, like ever.
If we're getting two reveals, definitely one at the beginning and one at the end. If we're only getting one I can see them holding it until the end as the big finisher

ze9

Smash Ace
Y'know, call me crazy but doesn't a lot seem to line up with both K.Rool and Banjo-Kazooie? The speculation timeline, the company of origin, hell, even the memers and trolls who defied both are the same. Just like K.Rool, the same push back from the same people with the same arguments happened to Banjo. I guess the only difference here is that we got a lot more pointing in our favor this time around.
Yeah, I wonder who they'll gang up on after Banjo gets in. Probably Isaac or Geno, they feel like the last two very big, very "old" fanbases that still haven't got their character (assuming Banjo really is getting in, of course).

Or maybe they just have a hate boner for Rare and the next target is Dixie. I kind of hope so, that way we'll talk more about her.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion

It's either the beginning or the end, I don't think they'll ever just drop a new character in the middle of a general Nintendo direct.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
One things for certain, Nintendo's E3 is going to have one amazing thing happen! I can't wait!

ze9

Smash Ace
The Smash reveal will be at the end, they're always sadistic like this.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
In this 40 minute direct, the Smash reveal will be around the 32 minute mark, following some Zelda news. It will take 6 minutes, then the Direct will end with quick clips of future releases.

My source?

Barry's
Symposium.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
If anything, this feels like the Ridley situation where he was leaked by insiders and nobody believed them until he was shown at E3.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Watch them show Erdrick at the beginning of E3, leaving us crestfallen, and then teasing us with Banjo & Kazooie at the very, very end of it all.

If Banjo is, indeed, in, I am calling it right now.

Mr. Stagg

If we're getting two reveals, definitely one at the beginning and one at the end. If we're only getting one I can see them holding it until the end as the big finisher
Nintendo do love to push for those ending finishers. One thing we all seem to have forgotten is that all 3 fighters were worked on since the games release. I feel that Joker finished development a week or two before April 17th, the release date. This possibly gave Sakurai 2 whole months to focus on #2 and #3. I really got a feeling that we are getting one released immedietly and the other will be teased or at least have enough work done to showcase the model. Considering the heavy western focus here at E3, it has to be Banjo, no question.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Think I'll be dipping until Tuesday, there isn't a whole lot for me here at the moment.

I wish all of you the best of luck getting Banjo and Kazooie in Smash. I know their games are beloved and I hope their appearance is a proper homage to them. I'll see you all on the other side.

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
The Smash reveal will be at the end, they're always sadistic like this.
”Sadistic”
Lmao I hate that this is accurate. I wasn’t even a fan and was completely stunned that they waited so long to show off Isaac and Shadows assist trophy’s.

Last edited:
Top Bottom