• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

RETROROTER

Smash Journeyman
I don’t hate Sabi, but I’m glad Nintendo caught on cause I don’t want to be spoiled by the Direct

D

Deleted member

Member when Cloud promoted FFVII Wii U?

Member when Bayonetta promoted Bayo 3 before it was even announced?

Member when Mega Man promoted a new Mega Man game?

I membe-wait no I don’t.
Mega Man was also like super dead when he was announced for Smash.

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
Yikes, I understand that you people don't want to get burned by a deconfirmation, but I'm shocked that so many people's faith in Banjo is this fragile.

"Microsoft didn't reveal a Banjo-Threeie to coincide with a Switch game's DLC! Guess they're deconfirmed, even though Microsoft has no incentive to advertise a Nintendo game's DLC character"

"Someone that publicly announced they would leak Nintendo info got a cease & desist! Welp, I guess Banjo is leakbait, even though Sabi never confirmed Banjo one way or the other. No, it definitely wasn't Sabi publicly announcing and scheduling their leaks on Twitter and Discord"

You people gotta remember that the entire reason this thread blew up and people have been hopeful was Shinobi's "Smashing good time" comment. Unless Shinobi himself backpedals, that's not something that you can discredit. Besides him, you have other leakers chiming in in Banjo's favor. Even Vergeben himself, who was vehemently against the Grinch leak, has even said Banjo was 99% in, from his main and most trusted source.

And if I may have a side-note on Vergeben. Despite his controversial status, Vergeben has yet to be wrong about Ultimate. Nonetheless, for the past year I've seen people consistently moving the goalposts or sharing misinformation on this guy. "He said Ridley and ICs, but where's Simon?" *Simon is confirmed* "Simon was a shoe-in, but why would they add Isabelle?" *Isabelle is confirmed* "This guy says Incineroar? But muh Grinch" *Incineroar is confirmed*. You see the trend here? I do believe Erdrick and Minecraft content in some form is inevitable, but this same guy said Banjo was 99% in. No one's going to care about that 1% if he's deconfirmed, they'll think he's flat-out wrong. If you want to leave yourself some room for error, you say he's 50/50. Not 99%.

If the negativity persists I think I'm going to have to take a break from this thread until either the Direct or some other news comes out. I mean, we're going to find out either way in ~36 hours. Let's spend the time left in limbo with cautious optimism, not gloomy, depressing defeatism.

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300

I membe-wait no I don’t.
Who could forget the time that King K. Rool was added in to promote the upcoming dating sim that he starred in?

Chrollo.

fka president wario
It's possible, but impossible to know. And the Bamco thing could definitely make sense, and they might not know who the DLC are now since HAL could just be doing all the DLC now.
We’ll find out Tuesday, really. It makes sense that if his Smash sources are from Bamco, they’d know about Erdrick since I assume he was being worked on before release since another Square rep was pretty much a huge open secret at that point. If Bamco isn’t working on the DLC, then it’s possible whoever it source is may be close with someone at Hal. Like you said it’s really impossible to know, so we’ll find out Tuesday.

I just refuse to believe his Smash sources and general Nintendo sources are the same because his track record with Nintendo in general is utter trash, which is why I’m not putting much stock into a new Metroid 2.5D and Warioware game, although both would make sense.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
At the end of the day Shinobi basically confirmed Banjo to be in Smash and that dude has an amazing record with leaking stuff.

I feel pretty good that Banjo is in.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Yikes, I understand that you people don't want to get burned by a deconfirmation, but I'm shocked that so many people's faith in Banjo is this fragile.

"Microsoft didn't reveal a Banjo-Threeie to coincide with a Switch game's DLC! Guess they're deconfirmed, even though Microsoft has no incentive to advertise a Nintendo game's DLC character"

"Someone that publicly announced they would leak Nintendo info got a cease & desist! Welp, I guess Banjo is leakbait, even though Sabi never confirmed Banjo one way or the other. No, it definitely wasn't Sabi publicly announcing and scheduling their leaks on Twitter and Discord"

You people gotta remember that the entire reason this thread blew up and people have been hopeful was Shinobi's "Smashing good time" comment. Unless Shinobi himself backpedals, that's not something that you can discredit. Besides him, you have other leakers chiming in in Banjo's favor. Even Vergeben himself, who was vehemently against the Grinch leak, has even said Banjo was 99% in, from his main and most trusted source.

And if I may have a side-note on Vergeben. Despite his controversial status, Vergeben has yet to be wrong about Ultimate. Nonetheless, for the past year I've seen people consistently moving the goalposts or sharing misinformation on this guy. "He said Ridley and ICs, but where's Simon?" *Simon is confirmed* "Simon was a shoe-in, but why would they add Isabelle?" *Isabelle is confirmed* "This guy says Incineroar? But muh Grinch" *Incineroar is confirmed*. You see the trend here? I do believe Erdrick and Minecraft content in some form is inevitable, but this same guy said Banjo was 99% in. No one's going to care about that 1% if he's deconfirmed, they'll think he's flat-out wrong. If you want to leave yourself some room for error, you say he's 50/50. Not 99%.

If the negativity persists I think I'm going to have to take a break from this thread until either the Direct or some other news comes out. I mean, we're going to find out either way in ~36 hours. Let's spend the time left in limbo with cautious optimism, not gloomy, depressing defeatism.
Vergeben has gotten stuff right, but until today the majority of his stuff post-release of SSBU has been abysmally wrong (see the last Direct). He's also backpedaled on stuff like the Minecraft content in SSBU. It's possible for him to be right about some things and wrong about others. But really he was essentially piggybacking on the BK stuff considering all the other people who had basically hinted at or blatantly said Banjo was coming before he made any comment on it.

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
Also, in what way would Banjo being leakbait make any sense whatsoever, and even then, to get Sabi to fall in that trap? Sabi never made a statement on who would be DLC in Smash. They didn’t know. Sabi only claims things that they know for certain. DLC was not one of those things. Vergeben and Shinobi would be gone by now if that were even slightly true.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
The implication there is that Erdrick was the legit SE rep and not in fact leakbait. We don't know who is actually leakbait at this point.
How does that negate my point? Regardless if Erdrick is leakbait or not, they still used multiple popular characters as leakbait.

Chrollo.

fka president wario

I membe-wait no I don’t.
I will actually never understand how anyone still thinks Third Party Character in Smash = Advertisement. People convinced themselves that Persona 5 was coming to the Switch because of Joker just for it to come out that Joker is in because Sakurai is a huge Persona fanboy. The only third party character in Smash that I think was the closest to advertisement was Cloud for the FF7 Remake before it was delayed, and even then I think it was much more of Sakurai’s request than Square wanting to advertise.

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
"Hey guys I'm gonna just leak all of this **** before the show starts."

I mean are you guys really surprised Sabi got C&D-ed? That was kind of a really freaking stupid thing to do and I'm amazed Nintendo was the only one to put a stop to it lol.

UnknownJ25

Smash Journeyman
Gotta love speculation a roller coaster as always...lol.

I don't think Banjo was leak bait at all, I just think Sabi was a bit too public with leaking and Nintendo was paying attention...
In hindsight advertising it like that wasn't the smartest play

StrawHatX

Smash Lord

I mean are you guys really surprised Sabi got C&D-ed? That was kind of a really freaking stupid thing to do and I'm amazed Nintendo was the only one to put a stop to it lol.
Exactly. She was going to leak all the details of their presentation. To my knowledge she didn’t even actually mention anything about Smash DLC.

People really think Banjo was leakbait from that? Seriously? Come on guys..

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
my friends, this is yet another test on our decades long quest to witness the bear and bird make their triumphant return. a test of faith, if you will

let us not quarrel and bicker among ourselves when our shared goal is on the verge of manifesting

stay strong. this is a minor bump in the road compared to what weve been thru in times past. for we are confidently aboard a hype train thats reached such an unstoppable speed that not even the law itself can stop it

Extrain

Smash Journeyman

I think it’s just mainly surprising they actually noticed since this hasn’t happened before. Twitter is a waaaay more accessible platform so I see why she got snatched. We’ve had leaks on reddit, smashboards, and gamefaqs and nothing really happened to those people.

Vergeben Is such a notable leaker with clear evidence of confidential information and nothing has happened to him (knock on wood). That guy actually already leaked bits of direct stuff already.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Ya ever notice how flip floppy this thread has been for the past few weeks?

Banjo merch, everything’s awesome! Grant says no, everything sucks. Shinobi and verge are leaking, the promised day has come! Microsoft didn’t have a new game and Sabi got C&D’d, abandon all hope!

A high, followed by a low, then another high, and so on...

Right now we’re at a very low low. But I bet...

I bet next up is the highest of highs

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
Vergeben has gotten stuff right, but until today the majority of his stuff post-release of SSBU has been abysmally wrong (see the last Direct). He's also backpedaled on stuff like the Minecraft content in SSBU. It's possible for him to be right about some things and wrong about others. But really he was essentially piggybacking on the BK stuff considering all the other people who had basically hinted at or blatantly said Banjo was coming before he made any comment on it.
As far as I'm aware, the only thing he actually got wrong was that a Square-Enix character would be the first reveal. But it is also no secret that Joker was moved up ahead of schedule, which explains that. If there's anything else that Vergeben has been 100% wrong about, please do fill me in. Everything else that I'm aware of has been misinformation or stuff that can't be proven one way or the other yet (Erdrick, Minecraft content).

And correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Sabi has said that she shares a source with Verg, and believes he wasn't piggybacking off of Shinobi.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

Banjo merch, everything’s awesome! Grant says no, everything sucks. Shinobi and verge are leaking, the promised day has come! Microsoft didn’t have a new game and Sabi got C&D’d, abandon all hope!

Yeah, this thread has basically been a roller coaster ride. Don't forget about the 4Chan leak with Doomguy, too.

xwingz900

Smash Apprentice

Considering the amount of time left I'd agree

Extrain

Smash Journeyman

I can’t imagine what might go down tomorrow. Shook.

squirtgar

Smash Apprentice
Well she does not have to leak it herself. Let's say for instance PapaGenos or Verg, etc. They put a cease and desist on her but not other ppl.
If she finds someone she trusts and knows isn't a ninja her stuff can still get out.
Just Sayin'

Chrollo.

fka president wario

Not even the Ridley thread was this low last year lol, and we had the creator say Ridley will never happen twice.

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
Sabi's problem is that she got super cocky and it bit her on the ass. Fair and true. But I didn't see anyone worrying about that stuff when we were hanging on her every word. This really bitter anti-Sabi sentiment that's sprung up since she got C&D'd almost makes it seem like some of you want to punish her for failing to deliver at the last minute. I hate to keep banging this drum but I am seeing a lot of nastiness that could easily turn even nastier and I don't like it at all.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
36 more hours friends, and we will know everything. Take the time to appreciate this moment because after tuesday, we will celebrate massively and forget this moment or grieve together and still forget this moment.

This is such a small stretch of time, we will all know soon enough.

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
oof, Sabi got C&D'd by Ninty? I leave the thread for a few hours and Come back to Sabi walking the plank off Nintendo's E3 Ship.

At least it wasn't anything serious, sucks, but not completely surprising.

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
If there's one thing I learned from the Grinch Leak being fake, it's that apparently everyone and their brother is a Nintendo insider. I'm sure a few dozen more people will come out and finish what Sabi started.

Top Bottom