• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

FatNerd

Smash Apprentice
Ok I red the last 10 pages of this thread and I red some people saying "If Banjo is not announced tuesday then, he will never be in smash" Don't give up guys after all these years of waiting and disappointement we won't give up... Remember ther is 3 remaining slot and Cloud was revealed at a random direct. DON'T GIVE UP !!

Sorry if my english is bad, I try my best...
I REFUSE TO GIVE UP HOPE!!!!!

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Ok I red the last 10 pages of this thread and I red some people saying "If Banjo is not announced tuesday then, he will never be in smash" Don't give up guys after all these years of waiting and disappointement we won't give up... Remember ther is 3 remaining slot and Cloud was revealed at a random direct. DON'T GIVE UP !!

I agree. Unless Shinobi and the other leakers come out with "Uh oh, we made a mistake" Banjo Kazooie will come soon if not eventually in the Fighter's pass.

Last edited:

Smash Bro 25

Smash Rookie
I've been a Banjo fan since the N64 days. I always wanted him to be a part of my favourite game series. I'm so exhausted of waiting all these years. This Tuesday it's now or never. I believe the chances are 50-50, maybe lower. Anyway, I hope with you guys for the best.

maf91186

Smash Journeyman
So, earlier in the year I picked up a crazy cheap 360 and got myself both B-K and B-T. I set out to 100 percent both of them without any outside help from friends or the Internet for the first time since I did it on the 64 so many years ago lol.

My goal was to have them done by E3 in anticipation/celebration of a possible Smash reveal. It took me much longer than I'd like to admit, but I finally did it! Lol

Both games still make me smile like the day I first got them. They're not without their faults but they're still so very good. It was great going back and appreciating what I consider to be the brilliant beginnings of the collect-a-thon genre and reminding myself, I was there to see it firsthand :)
20190609_050129.jpg

Last edited:

FatNerd

Smash Apprentice

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Ok I red the last 10 pages of this thread and I red some people saying "If Banjo is not announced tuesday then, he will never be in smash" Don't give up guys after all these years of waiting and disappointement we won't give up hope... Remember there is 3 remaining slot and Cloud was revealed in a random direct. DON'T GIVE UP !!

I've always maintained that Banjo is E3 or bust. Cloud has massive popularity in Japan so it made sense to not show him at E3 which is more western oriented.

The big reveals are always E3, and the buzz/rumours going for Banjo are all E3 related. It really is now or never.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Anyway I should say this, I'm on the "Waiting for Sabi to spill the beans" boat but if anything comes up, I'm keeping my mouth shut.

VashTehStampede

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
8506-1485-4895
Hey guys, Vash here. I’m a huge Lloyd Irving supporter for ultimate. Been wanting him in since brawl days and I know just how badly some of us want our dream picks to make it in. Just wanted to swing by and say I’ve got my fingers crossed for you guys. I totally want banjo in since I grew up on those games like many others here. These next few days need to hurry on up. I’m actually going to be at e3 so it’ll be quite the experience being able to see it unfold and hopefully get the bear and bird in. I’ve got my hopes set for Lloyd to follow into the roster soon after!

StormC

Smash Hero
We're getting close... I'm excited but nervous. Not just for Smash but the potential future of Banjo.

It can all change starting tomorrow. I first played Banjo-Kazooie when I was 7. I'm 28 years old now, and I'd still do anything to see bear and bird again.

This is the calm before the storm. The path to Tuesday will be long, but hopefully we will reap the benefits of our patience soon. We survived the Grinch Leak, we can make it past these few days.

Hang in there, guys.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Last edited:

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Name me ONE insider who was supporting the Grinch Hoax. One at the same level as Shinobi when it comes to credibilit. Almost all insiders agreed it was fake from the get go, it's just that the fans of those characters in the banner refused to believe otherwise.

The ONLY user who i can think of that wasn't against the Grinch Hoax was papagenos papagenos , and that's only because of Banjo (if im wrong Papa tell me othewise please)

You are correct, I was trying to figure out a way that both my Source's Microsoft Source that was telling us Banjo was "in for sure" and the insiders saying "Incineroar" and the piles of evidence the Grinch Leak was gaining could all make sense together.

I theorized it may have been that Banjo was negotiated for last E3 and Sakurai may have last minute moved Incineroar to DLC to make room for Banjo in base game and may have spent from last E3 until launch trying to get Banjo done in time or something. Trying to figure out some way that my Banjo Source, Incineroar, and the Grinch Leak could all be true information. Now of course the Grinch Leak was simply a fake with a lot of extraneous coincidences that lined up in its favor that made it seem unable to be faked (you couldn't fake several of the coincidences that happened for it, for example: the unknown at the time sprout item being shown off that week and the isaac part of the image having a vine was completely coincidental and outside the fakers hands), it got very lucky with several things making it seem real.

I won't jump the gun and say Banjo is in until im totally sure BUT it does seem Banjo is very likely right now... so yeah I might be the one person who had insider information who believed "the Grinch Hoax", However if Banjo is actually coming I hope that helps people understand why I did believe it. A big part of why I did was because of Banjo being on it.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
If Banjo is in here, that's another character the Grincher guessed by accident. Just saying. :ultken:

Speaking of the Grinch leak, did anyone ever find out who the perp was?
Ken was already leaked for 2 months by Vergeben by the time the Grunch fake came out. Also a real image of Ken came out not too long after that.

You have to remember that the Grinch fake did a few things to be convincing:

- Put a previously cut character in (Chorus Kids)
- Put a retro character in (Mach Rider)
- Put a confirmed leaked character in (Ken)
- Put a highly speculated and popular echo (Shadow)
- Put the remaining 3 "never-evers" to reel in the fanbase (Isaac, Geno, Banjo)

There was a plan there. What im unsure about is why they didnt do Incineroar. It would have made it even more convincing since the art was all original.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Ken was already leaked for 2 months by Vergeben by the time the Grunch fake came out. Also a real image of Ken came out not too long after that.
Oh, so just bandwagoning. There's been a lot of that in any sort of leak when anyone big mentions a possible character...

The irony of the Grincher accidentally getting something right would still be funny though.

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Oh, so just bandwagoning. There's been a lot of that in any sort of leak when anyone big mentions a possible character...

The irony of the Grincher accidentally getting something right would still be funny though.
Read my updated comment. The grincher getting Banjo or Geno right at thos point is no credence to the Grincher. Its credence to Sakurai wanting to make the fanbase happy.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Read my updated comment. The grincher getting Banjo or Geno right at thos point is no credence to the Grincher. Its credence to Sakurai wanting to make the fanbase happy.
I'm not saying the Grincher would be right, simply that something in his fake leak would wind up being done for real. Bonus points if it surprises him.

Ergo, something that actually becomes funny in hindsight, rather than just another dark point in the fan community's history alongside forum drama and sore losers throwing crabs.

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
I'm not saying the Grincher would be right, simply that something in his fake leak would wind up being done for real. Bonus points if it surprises him.

Ergo, something that actually becomes funny in hindsight, rather than just another dark point in the fan community's history alongside forum drama and sore losers throwing crabs.
True true haha. I really hoping a massive gate is closed tuesday just like it has been with Ridley and K. Rool. I still hope for Geno somehow, even if Dragon quest is taking priority now it seems

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
True true haha. I really hoping a massive gate is closed tuesday just like it has been with Ridley and K. Rool. I still hope for Geno somehow, even if Dragon quest is taking priority now it seems
No SE character's a guarantee to me, but hey, we'll see what happens.

In the meantime, here's to hoping Battletoads stuff is shown.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Well this is starting to look relevant. Makes even more sense that the Grinch leak was fake and It's now coming back from the dead for redemption.

Last edited:

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
I'm cautiously optimistic and I will be checking Sabi's info as I don't think I can wait until Tuesday to see if Banjo is in or not.

Right now it feels like a Ridley situation where the insiders are hinting at him/hearing rumors, but nobody believed them until the evidence was right in front of them. Credible people like Shinobi are backing Banjo and are putting their reputations on the line here.

So I'm hoping for the best, but preparing for the worst.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Grinch Leak being fake=Grinch stealing the presents
SSBU being the best-selling Smash=the Whos celebrating Christmas anyway
Banjo DLC=Grinch returning the presents and carving the roast beast

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
So there may be only one reveal at E3

So if it’s banjo Vergeben is offically done (unless he never said anything about Erdrick being revealed at E3)

Oh and by the way...

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Everybody going on about the Grinch leak but honestly the Banjo situation is much more comparable with the Ridley leak last year. Hell, even the “It’s either E3 or bust” tensions are the same lol.

dinkeytom

Smash Apprentice
If a new Banjo game gets revealed today, I'm calling that Sumo Digital will be the developer.

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
I theorized it may have been that Banjo was negotiated for last E3 and Sakurai may have last minute moved Incineroar to DLC to make room for Banjo in base game and may have spent from last E3 until launch trying to get Banjo done in time or something.
There was a CGI trailer with both Incineroar and Ken. That was not done last minute, but was planned way ahead and cost a ton of money.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=cpuBNp27jVw

Nothing about that video says last minute.

Last edited:

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Considering all the talk we already have of Banjo,im actually more excited of what Sabi has to say about new games. Besides Luigi 3 and maybe Astral Chain, there isnt much coming to switch this year im interested in picking up. Praying for a new game with "Banjo" in the title for xbox, switch or both!

D

Deleted member

Do you want us to mark it as spoilers or do you want us to just not mention it at all?
I'm actually friends with Sabi on Discord (for some reason, I guess she does that for everyone). I DMed her and asked her to just give me a yes or no about Banjo being in so I don't get spoiled on anything else and she told me yes lol. Friendly person.
When did she tell you that?

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I agree with the mods, people should at least have the courtesy to put spoilers in spoilers.

But yeah, the wisest thing to do is dip out until it happens.

UnknownJ25

Smash Journeyman
I honestly am more afraid of Banjo isn’t announced at E3 because of how annoying the naysayers are gonna be

D

Deleted member

Everybody going on about the Grinch leak but honestly the Banjo situation is much more comparable with the Ridley leak last year. Hell, even the “It’s either E3 or bust” tensions are the same lol.
Indeed, i mean we even have Jon from crying out loud. History tends to repeat itself, and this is not a Grinch Situation. Like, at all, and yet people keep comparing it. The Grinch Hoax was a Rayman Smashified 2.0 if anything.

Come to think of it, Erdrick gives me vibes of Simon Belmont too. So i could see a situation with him beign announced later (Simon was THE 3rd party for the base game, and yet he was saved for the August Direct)

Top Bottom