• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
I still think that Banjo-Kazooie would generate the most hype at an event like E3.

Revealing Erdrick, an anime swordfighter who is really only popular in Japan, would be as anti-hype as you could get for an E3 reveal. It would be a very tone deaf reveal for that audience.

The insiders are backing BK, but as I said, I'm cautiously optimistic.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Everybody going on about the Grinch leak but honestly the Banjo situation is much more comparable with the Ridley leak last year. Hell, even the “It’s either E3 or bust” tensions are the same lol.

I remember this exact same feeling. Hearing Insiders claim Ridley and I was like "HELL NO, NO WAY". Vergeben making asinine claims like "No cuts from smash 4, Ridley is joining, Snake and Ice Climbers are coming back" and I was calling BS. Then I actually teared up at the direct last year. It was too much.

This is kind of having the same effect, except this time I'm putting more faith into people who know the business. Shinobi is clearly hinting at Banjo, never corrected anybody for the assumption and leaked Ultimate the same way last year. This is literally going to have the same effect Tuesday.

D

Deleted member

I remember this exact same feeling. Hearing Insiders claim Ridley and I was like "HELL NO, NO WAY". Vergeben making asinine claims like "No cuts from smash 4, Ridley is joining, Snake and Ice Climbers are coming back" and I was calling BS. Then I actually teared up at the direct last year. It was too much.

This is kind of having the same effect, except this time I'm putting more faith into people who know the business. Shinobi is clearly hinting at Banjo, never corrected anybody for the assumption and leaked Ultimate the same way last year. This is literally going to have the same effect Tuesday.
Don't Forget Simon. He mentioned him during the time he was mentioning Ridley and Ice Climbers. (i used to defend Vergeben when it came to Simon) he ended up beign confirmed in August.

Regarding Shinobi, it surprises me that he is now part of this leaking of Smash charaters. The only other time he ever leaked something Smash related was Ultimate's announcement at March, but i don't remember ever seeing him tease Ridley or any other, yet it's very possible he knew.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace

Agreed. This feels more like a Ridley situation than a Grinch situation.

Grinch taught me that we should always pay more attention to what the insiders are saying. They're insiders for a reason.

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
No seriously I think the fake Smash ball was a hint for Xbox since it resembles an X when it explodes.

Mark my words.
I said it yesterday on Twitter but after the "random" Godzilla plug in the Pokemon press meeting which turned out to be hinting at the Dynamax nonsense, I'll buy into this. At least a little bit.

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Don't Forget Simon. He mentioned him during the time he was mentioning Ridley and Ice Climbers. (i used to defend Vergeben when it came to Simon) he ended up beign confirmed in August.

Regarding Shinobi, it surprises me that he is now part of this leaking of Smash charaters. The only other time he ever leaked something Smash related was Ultimate's announcement at March, but i don't remember ever seeing him tease Ridley or any other, yet it's very possible he knew.
To me, Shinobi's information always seems very random. He gets some of the biggest scoops (Destiny 2, God of War's setting, etc) but they usually have no correlation to each other. He seems to be going in on this though. He would have 100% clarified it was a prediction he was making.

I'll keep saying this: He knows the power his words have on ResetEra. He knows the website's policy about fake leaks. Most importantly, if he wasn't 100% sure it was happening, he would have said that to save him from PR fire if he was wrong. Lastly, I can't remember Shinobi getting something wrong, especially because this is how he leaks.

Aka, I'd be very shocked if its not Banjo tuesday, not because I expect the character now, but because this would be Shinobi's first time actually being wrong and as admin at ResetEra, would entirely destroy his credibility or his vocal status there (people won't take him as seriously). But if it pans out, trust me, if people weren't paying attention to him before, they will after Tuesday.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
To me, Shinobi's information always seems very random. He gets some of the biggest scoops (Destiny 2, God of War's setting, etc) but they usually have no correlation to each other. He seems to be going in on this though. He would have 100% clarified it was a prediction he was making.

I'll keep saying this: He knows the power his words have on ResetEra. He knows the website's policy about fake leaks. Most importantly, if he wasn't 100% sure it was happening, he would have said that to save him from PR fire if he was wrong. Lastly, I can't remember Shinobi getting something wrong, especially because this is how he leaks.

Aka, I'd be very shocked if its not Banjo tuesday, not because I expect the character now, but because this would be Shinobi's first time actually being wrong and as admin at ResetEra, would entirely destroy his credibility or his vocal status there (people won't take him as seriously). But if it pans out, trust me, if people weren't paying attention to him before, they will after Tuesday.
I agree I also think if he wasn't sure about Banjo he wouldnt have dropped a hint at all... he would have just kept quiet... but he did drop a hint and I believe he did it because he got 100% proof of Banjo at E3 in Smash..

Taco Cruise

Smash Journeyman
The smash ball being fake leads me to believe that 1 character being announced was a lie and it'l actually be two, I don't know if the fake small ball exploding turning into an X is anything more than coincidental. Sakurai clearly pointed it out and it has significance in some way, but to what extent I can't fully grasp.

Regardless, if I was an oddsmaker or a bookie I'd be placing Banjo with the best odds, followed by Erdrick, based on the information we have available to us. I actually think Cuphead, a Dark Souls rep, Crash, Doom Marine, and Porky all have decent odds too, but more likely for fighters 4 and 5.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
The smash ball being fake leads me to believe that 1 character being announced was a lie and it'l actually be two, I don't know if the fake small ball exploding turning into an X is anything more than coincidental. Sakurai clearly pointed it out and it has significance in some way, but to what extent I can't fully grasp.

Regardless, if I was an oddsmaker or a bookie I'd be placing Banjo with the best odds, followed by Erdrick, based on the information we have available to us. I actually think Cuphead, a Dark Souls rep, Crash, Doom Marine, and Porky all have decent odds too, but more likely for fighters 4 and 5.

Unfortunately, Reggie mentioned that all 5 characters are from unrepresented series in Smash, so I'm not sure if Porky would actually make it. Unless it was just characters not represented?

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
This whole fake smash ball thing just seems like the "chairs" levels of reaching.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Yup.... I honestly think it was just a simple ltitle joke because the glowing Smash ball behind him was really a fake prop.. it was just a little joke...

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
This whole fake smash ball thing just seems like the "chairs" levels of reaching.
Maybe it will end up being but seeing as Banjo & Kazooie are being heavily rumored right now and well...
ONE_SPHERE1-600x400.jpg

Fake-Smash-Ball-Smash-Ultimate.jpg
..I think it's not AS crazy. We'll find out soon enough. The chair theory had even less going for it.

I'll eat my words for buying into it though if it's wrong.

Last edited:

Taco Cruise

Smash Journeyman
Thing with the chairs is Sakurai never called attention to them. With the fake small ball, Sakurai went out of his way to talk about it. I think it means something, but not sure what.

UnknownJ25

Smash Journeyman
So hypothetical idea. A trailer starts with the fake smash ball that gets broken and the giant x effect happens. Only when it fades we see our duo where the X used to be

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
I think Shinobi would have backpedeled or clarified by now if he didn't think that Banjo was in. He knows his words carry so much weight and that his reputation as an insider/leaker will take a huge hit if he's wrong on this. Now that so many other insiders and leakers are on the Banjo bandwagon, it does feel like something with Banjo is happening.

It's also entirely possible that both Banjo and Erdrick are characters #2 and #3, we just don't know the order in which they're revealed. So don't lose hope if we see Erdrick instead of Banjo at Nintendo's event.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
I think Shinobi would have backpedeled or clarified by now if he didn't think that Banjo was in. He knows his words carry so much weight and that his reputation as an insider/leaker will take a huge hit if he's wrong on this. Now that so many other insiders and leakers are on the Banjo bandwagon, it does feel like something with Banjo is happening.

It's also entirely possible that both Banjo and Erdrick are characters #2 and #3, we just don't know the order in which they're revealed. So don't lose hope if we see Erdrick instead of Banjo at Nintendo's event.

This too, I just went back and read his comment again, he doesn't actually mention E3. He just says "Been a while since we saw Banjo in anything. Hope we are in for a smashing good time". So if it was Erdrick, I wouldn't exactly be worried.

BUT, for him to say something so close to E3, leads me to believe its an E3 reveal

ze9

Smash Ace
The fake smash ball was just Sakurai's way of saying "yeah I know you were expecting an announcement now, but too bad! You'll have to wait until tuesday!"

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Maybe it will end up being but seeing as Banjo & Kazooie are being heavily rumored right now and well...
..I think it's not AS crazy. We'll find out soon enough. The chair theory had even less going for it.

I'll eat my words for buying into it though if it's wrong.
I believe Banjo is likely too but I really do not think they would hint at him like that. Why would they? It would ruin the surprise.

I don't think this means any more than that generic witch in stage builder meant. They don't really want us to figure out who's coming before they show them.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
Here's a question for you all: Do you think shinobi hinting at Banjo means a reveal at E3 is guaranteed, or can it mean that Banjo is one of the Fighter Pass characters, but won't be announced at E3?

D

Deleted member

We are getting closer, Banjo fans.

Here's a question for you all: Do you think shinobi hinting at Banjo means a reveal at E3 is guaranteed, or can it mean that Banjo is one of the Fighter Pass characters, but won't be announced at E3?
Because of the context and timing of his post, if Banjo is gonna be seen at any point in the FP, it should be E3. However, it's not the first time that a character is leaked but the timing is off. Vergeben leaked Simon months and advanced and most people saw him as an E3 reveal, but he showed up 2 months later.

And the Sal Romano post that leaked 6 characters, only 3 showed up at E3 2013 (:ultmegaman::ultwiifittrainer::ultvillager:), the rest were confirmed next year (:ultpacman::ultmiifighters::ultlittlemac:) and the context of that post made it seem as if it all were for E3.

Last edited by a moderator:

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
I'm of the belief that shinobi602 is saying Banjo & Kazooie are a E3 reveal for multiple reasons so if it doesn't happen, I'm gonna start taking what the guy says with a few more grains of salt than usual.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
I’m gonna go out on a limb and say that Shinobi has seen physical evidence of Banjo being in the game. I’m thinking this because the Resetera Admins all saw actual gameplay of Incineroar in Ultimate, and then the night before the last Smash direct they saw gameplay leaks of Piranha Plant.

Now, as for if Banjo is revealed at E3, I’m leaning towards yeah because I really doubt Shinobi would tease Banjo so close to E3 if he wasn’t sure thats when he would be revealed. But there is a slight chance he is revealed later as from everything I remember from the Ridley situation pre-E3, Ridley was supposed to be revealed alongside the original reveal of Ultimate, but it was changed last minute. Still, I don’t think Shinobi would put all his credibility and such on the line like this if he wasn’t 100% sure.

As for it being very much implied that we’re only getting one DLC reveal at E3 and the Erdrick factor, from everything we know Erdrick WAS the first DLC Fighter being worked on, even before release but they decided to focus all their assets on Joker instead. So it can very well be the same situation where they wanted to focus on Banjo over Erdrick.

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
The fake smash ball was just Sakurai's way of saying "yeah I know you were expecting an announcement now, but too bad! You'll have to wait until tuesday!"
The attention to the fake Smash Ball was intentional and Sakurai giving a hint that what he said was a lie concerning the one DLC fighter.

The truth is there won't be ANY reveals for E3.

-The Price is Right losing horn-

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
This too, I just went back and read his comment again, he doesn't actually mention E3. He just says "Been a while since we saw Banjo in anything. Hope we are in for a smashing good time". So if it was Erdrick, I wouldn't exactly be worried.

BUT, for him to say something so close to E3, leads me to believe its an E3 reveal
Tansut didn't mention E3 either after going all in on Erdrick, but I think that Shinobi using the exact same phrase that he used to leak Ultimate before it was announced to tease Banjo a week before E3 is very suspicious.

But yeah, we should not give up hope if we see Erdrick instead of Banjo.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
The fact that he said it so close to E3, makes me believe its for E3. Plus he said he hopes we see Banjo soon. Tansut has been saying Erdrick for months with no clear release date.

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Unfortunately, Reggie mentioned that all 5 characters are from unrepresented series in Smash, so I'm not sure if Porky would actually make it. Unless it was just characters not represented?
Reggie only said characters would be new to the series. It's PR talk and it just means it could be anybody not already in Smash. That's all his words mean.

I'm still not convinced by Tansut or Vergeben's word. Tansut on record, only has one valid leak with Cloud and that was mere hours before his reveal and while Vergeben got a lot right with the base roster, he has yet to get anything right about the DLC. Square is also notorious for leak baiting people and they're going to tell me that Erdrick is a lock after 5 months of speculation?

The only thing saving them right now is not telling us when Erdrick will be revealed so even after he is not shown at E3, Erdrick is still on the deck. Vergeben mentioning Banjo Kazooie feels more like a fail safe to gain some credibility back so people will still listen to him if he fails to predict Erdrick.

I'm not saying Vergeben and Tansut are irredeemable at this point but there doesn't seem to be anyone else backing them on their claim of Erdrick when their credibility is either slowly shaking or a last minute hit. The only one who seems to back Vergeben at this point is Sabi but that's only because they mention Banjo Kazooie.

Last edited:

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
I'll watch the Microsoft conference later, if bear and bird are back this should be the first step and the most obvious choice: ports of BK-Tooie, new game, more merch, whatever... If nothing happens only Smash is left. At least Gears 5 is in.

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
I'll watch the Microsoft conference later, if bear and bird are back this should be the first step and the most obvious choice: ports of BK-Tooie, new game, more merch, whatever... If nothing happens only Smash is left. At least Gears 5 is in.

Funny thing enough is Shinobi also said Rare isn't working Banjo (specifically mentioned their new title will not be revealed anytime soon) but I can see a remaster or a new game being sourced by another studio, similar to how Crash and Spyro were remade by entirely different companies and not Insomniac and Naughty Dog.

kylexv

Smash Master
Banjo makes more sense as an E3 reveal than Erdrick to me for a few reasons:

• The audience watching live will be mostly an American and European audience, since the direct doesn't air in Japan until 1AM
  • Looking at past E3 reveals for Smash, Banjo makes sense, as he is a big request
    • At E3 2013, Mega Man was revealed for Smash 4, one of the most requested characters for that game.
    • A similar case happened in 2014 for Pac-Man, but for some reason the reveal was held behind closed doors and Palutena and the Miis were revealed in the direct instead (this is still a strange decision to me to this day)
    • Last year, we got Ridley, one of the most requested, if not the most requested, character in North America.
    • Banjo is primarily popular in North America and Europe, but still has some following in Japan. E3 would be a great place to reveal him.
Edit:
Why not both?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Erdrick is real at this point. Yeah i know, knowing a DLC character 6 months or more before their reveal may seem absurd...........until you realize that if Banjo is confirmed that means there are people that knew for a LONG while about Banjo (again, papagenos papagenos had a source telling him about Banjo during the Grinch Hoax days,this was even before Erdrick became common in Smash Speculation, who's to say he was the only one that knew?)

I know people say Square Enix has absurd security methods, but if people knew about character that could probably symbolize the collaboration between Microsoft and Nintendo, i don't think it's impossible for them to know about the mythical Square Rep.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Banjo makes more sense as an E3 reveal than Erdrick to me for a few reasons:

• The audience watching live will be mostly an American and European audience, since the direct doesn't air in Japan until 1AM
  • Looking at past E3 reveals for Smash, Banjo makes sense, as he is a big request
    • At E3 2013, Mega Man was revealed for Smash 4, one of the most requested characters for that game.
    • A similar case happened in 2014 for Pac-Man, but for some reason the reveal was held behind closed doors and Palutena and the Miis were revealed in the direct instead (this is still a strange decision to me to this day)
    • Last year, we got Ridley, one of the most requested, if not the most requested, character in North America.
    • Banjo is primarily popular in North America and Europe, but still has some following in Japan. E3 would be a great place to reveal him.
Don't forget that Ryu and Roy were revealed at E3 of 2015.

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
Funny thing enough is Shinobi also said Rare isn't working Banjo (specifically mentioned their new title will not be revealed anytime soon) but I can see a remaster or a new game being sourced by another studio, similar to how Crash and Spyro were remade by entirely different companies and not Insomniac and Naughty Dog.
There's some Banjo in the air, not only about Smash, the figure and some rumors, if they wanna show something about it today is the day and the conference the most logical event for whatever they want, not only another big game, anything related to the franchise. If nothing happens with the duo today we'll die by hype.

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
A similar case happened in 2014 for Pac-Man, but for some reason the reveal was held behind closed doors and Palutena and the Miis were revealed in the direct instead (this is still a strange decision to me to this day
I don't know who said this but they made a really good point about this.
The reason they showed off Mii Fighters and Palutena off in the direct was to advertise the customisation content in Smash 4. Pac-Man was revealed behind closed doors probably because they didn't have enough time to show him off in the direct.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
I'm still not convinced by Tansut or Vergeben's word. Tansut on record, only has one valid leak with Cloud and that was mere hours before his reveal and while Vergeben got a lot right with the base roster, he has yet to get anything right about the DLC. Square is also notorious for leak baiting people and they're going to tell me that Erdrick is a lock after 5 months of speculation?

The only thing saving them right now is not telling us when Erdrick will be revealed so even after he is not shown at E3, Erdrick is still on the deck. Vergeben mentioning Banjo Kazooie feels more like a fail safe to gain some credibility back so people will still listen to him if he fails to predict Erdrick.

I'm not saying Vergeben and Tansut are irredeemable at this point but there doesn't seem to be anyone else backing them on their claim of Erdrick when their credibility is either slowly shaking or a last minute hit. The only one who seems to back Vergeben at this point is Sabi but that's only because they mention Banjo Kazooie.
This is very good to keep in mind.

Tansut only has the Cloud leak to his name, and even then other people probably would have heard of Cloud before he spilled the beans. Square is notorious for hating leaks. The whole "seven Square characters" thing seems like a perfect way to leakbait people. Why put a real name on that list?

I'm not saying that Erdrick or a DQ character couldn't happen - in fact I won't be surprised if it does - but we should be prepared for the possibility of them being leakbait.

Shinobi, meanwhile, has an excellent track record and has been correctly leaking things for years. He hasn't backtracked or made any additional statements. He's not the type who would troll or mess with people. He retweeted Sakurai's announcement of the character reveal on Tuesday. Shinobi knows what he's doing and is putting his and ResetEra's reputation on the line.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
There's some Banjo in the air, not only about Smash, the figure and some rumors, if they wanna show something about it today is the day and the conference the most logical event for show whatever they want, not only another big game, anything related to the franchise. If nothing happens with the duo today we'll die for hype.
TBH, its a win-win scenario to me. If nothing happens with Banjo today, it likely means another presentation will have him be the focus (Smash/Nintendo). If he has presence, its a likely a remake like Spyro or Crash, or a true 3rd game in the franchise (in addition to his smash inclusion)

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Honestly guys, I don't think we are getting remakes of the first two games or Banjo-Threeie, I'm thinking we are either going to get Rare Replay ported to the Switch or the N64 Mini with the Rareware games included in it.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Honestly guys, I don't think we are getting remakes of the first two games or Banjo-Threeie, I'm thinking we are either going to get Rare Replay ported to the Switch or the N64 Mini with the Rareware games included in it.
tbh, I'm fine with that, so as long as Banjo comes to smash. He can be immortalized that way. Smash always saves characters

Top Bottom