• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Ctoan

Smash Apprentice
REMINDER TO EVERYONE!

It is VERY likely Sabi is going to leak the contents of the Direct over the next couple of days. If or when it does put all spoilers in, well, spoilers. There are some of us here that want to be surprised by the contents of the Direct. Be courteous, be thoughtful. Don't fo spoiling it all willy nilly. Have a Smashing good time.
Do you want us to mark it as spoilers or do you want us to just not mention it at all?
I'm actually friends with Sabi on Discord (for some reason, I guess she does that for everyone). I DMed her and asked her to just give me a yes or no about Banjo being in so I don't get spoiled on anything else and she told me yes lol. Friendly person.

Last edited:

GrungeMan

Smash Apprentice
I'm fine with spoilers. It's been too long wanting Banjo and Kazooie and I honestly just need to know at this point.

I'll continue to semi-lurk here as these are very exciting times in the Banjo thread!

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Well, I think I"m going to be taking my leave of this thread until the Nintendo Direct; I want to find out for myself who the second DLC Fighter is (and possibly third as well). But before I go, I want to say something: if we only get one new fighter out of the Direct, and it's NOT Banjo-Kazooie, please do not lose hope or get discouraged that they're not in. The way I see it, it's not over until the fifth and final character is revealed; if that happens and they're STILL not in, then yeah, that'll be disappointing as hell. But until that scenario plays out, I encourage you guys to remain hopeful, otherwise you lose yourself to cynicism.

Anyways, that's all I wanted to say. See you guys on Tuesday!

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
At this point, I probably wouldn’t mind spoilers.

I’ve waited too long to see if our sole Grinch survivor finally made it in and as well as a conclusion to this never-ending Steve vs Banjo war.

I just hope nobody harasses or pesters Sabi for more info.

UnknownJ25

Smash Journeyman
I’m split on spoilers personally. On the one hand the surprise is half the fun for me but on the other hand I just want confirmation

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
At this point, I probably wouldn’t mind spoilers.

I’ve waited too long to see if our sole Grinch survivor finally made it in and as well as a conclusion to this never-ending Steve vs Banjo war.

I just hope nobody harasses or pesters Sabi for more info.
they probably will because this banjo leak stuff has driven people insane....

Sponge

Smash Journeyman
Pumped out some more Banjo art today.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
If Banjo is in, I cannot wait to see his HD render that isn't the ****ty Nuts & Bolts model.

Ctoan

Smash Apprentice
If Banjo is in, I cannot wait to see his HD render that isn't the ****ty Nuts & Bolts model.
Speaking of that, I recall some people claiming there's a newer rendition of Banjo that looks more like his classic design but different. If that's true, can I see it?

Bomber57

Smash Cadet
Noticed some more leak stuff that could increase Banjo's odds. An anonymous text leak was posted on 4chan, and then minutes later Sabi started tweeting out some of the same information. Either this anonymous person has the same source as Sabi or is in Sabi's discord, it's hard to say.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I'm willing to debate who is in the Smash Trinity Being whether it's Banjo or Geno but I am just going to just leave the debate and just be happy for you guys regardless if he gets in.
Everyone is in the Triforce.

LogFrog

Smash Apprentice
The fact that we may finally get Banjo in Smash is amazing, but I’m still holding out for a new Banjo game.

I don't know about you guys...but I'm playing "sweet victory" if our time comes.
Fitting theme for how many of us feel right now:

And should Banjo-Kazooie make it in and be revealed:

Happy to be "spoiled" if bear and bird return. Will be keeping an eye on things for sure.

Regardless of if a grand reveal and a rare revival comes to fruition or not, make sure to enjoy E3, good luck all!

Last edited:

RingJ5

Smash Ace
Noticed some more leak stuff that could increase Banjo's odds. An anonymous text leak was posted on 4chan, and then minutes later Sabi started tweeting out some of the same information. Either this anonymous person has the same source as Sabi or is in Sabi's discord, it's hard to say.

Atlus literally just confirmed that Royal is not planned for Switch, and a port of the base game at this point would be... weird, all things considered. That immediately makes me doubt that leak, but I could also see another spinoff happening.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Atlus literally just confirmed that Royal is not planned for Switch, and a port of the base game at this point would be... weird, all things considered. That immediately makes me doubt that leak, but I could also see another spinoff happening.
I feel if it was just the base game the leak would have said so, so I think the implication is another spinoff.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I feel if it was just the base game the leak would have said so, so I think the implication is another spinoff.
If its really another spinoff it will only solidify my thinking that Sony owns some sort of rights over the Persona 5 games so they can't be ported to other consoles.

RingJ5

Smash Ace
Could be the formal announcement of the P5 fighting game. Unless they want to **** with absolutely everyone and repeat what they did with 3, having two wholly separate versions with wildly different bonus content in each, which would just piss people off.

Also, just checked, and that leak was posted after Sabi’s Discord post by just a few minutes, so it could easily just be going off that.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
If its really another spinoff it will only solidify my thinking that Sony owns some sort of rights over the Persona 5 games so they can't be ported to other consoles.
I thought it was just the main series Persona games in general while the spinoffs are free game

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
Can't sleep. Too jittery. So I came back to check on y'all (and Sabi). How is everybody?

Do you want us to mark it as spoilers or do you want us to just not mention it at all?
I'm actually friends with Sabi on Discord (for some reason, I guess she does that for everyone). I DMed her and asked her to just give me a yes or no about Banjo being in so I don't get spoiled on anything else and she told me yes lol. Friendly person.
HUGE IF TRUE??? This post should be getting more attention. Did Sabi actually say yes? Is this a real thing?

When you are willing to expose your self to leaks just so you will know if Banjo is confirmed.
View attachment 226739
*pulls down glasses*

Um... where is that render from?

Its hard to believe we might actually complete the Triforce in one game.
View attachment 226745
This is all wrong! Clearly King K. Rool is Power (because he's big and beefy), Banjo is Courage (because he's a good guy and "Brave!"), and Ridley is Wisdom (because he's a crafty son of a gun).

Probably fake for reasons that have already been pointed out, but I've gotta ask, am I the only soul in the world that's hyped for Persona 5 Scramble? Royal is all well and good, Kasumi seems like a cool new pal, but as a huge fan of Hyrule Warriors, the idea of that but with Persona characters is super exciting! Especially if Persona 3 and 4 characters are also playable.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Please be true.

While I’d love Steve just as much, my mind’s sweatin’ bullets over B-K from some stress, especially with people on Youtube grasping for straws and saying “Sakurai’s fake Smash Ball means the leaks are fake!” If they’re not in (I still feel I should expect them but idk) it’s gonna be a huge disappointment.

Last edited:

Lacrimosa

Smash Lord
Depends on how much AC gets delayed. Given the Pokémon Release it makes sense to postpone AC a bit.
Anyway, we will get to know a DLC fighter at E3 which was confirmed by Daddy Sakurai.
(Still putting this in a spoiler so yeah)
So that was already a given but it still takes some of the surprise :/.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Please either put all leaks you find in spoilers or we can update the title to explicitly note that spoilers will be unmarked. It doesn't matter which. I'd vastly prefer the form, but it's not really my thread. Both are effective methods, at least. JamesDNaux JamesDNaux Since you're the thread owner, you can decide this. :)

However, any information you find via here should be marked as spoilers on any other thread regardless.

ProjectDream

Smash Apprentice
I completely disagree with this approach, its only a matter of days, if not hours before this information is widely publicly available, and I see this thread as a resource to spread information about the facts of BK in Smash, I find the use of 'spoilers' unnecessary.

People should sooner have restraint and not come to threads that have been actively attempting to be 'spoiling' this since day 1 with information. An insider or leak is no different to our own assessments for why we think they're in.

Take a break for a day or two and come back, thats it.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'd appreciate it if we mark spoilers. I don't want to go in hiding
I agree, but I actually have experience with spoiler-noted threads VS just putting them in spoilers. I don't see a reason to inherently enforce one over the other at the time I posted that.

Probably best to spoiler mark it right now, yeah.

Ryan Eyrie

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 6710 7707 0996
Ok I red the last 10 pages of this thread and I red some people saying "If Banjo is not announced tuesday then, he will never be in smash" Don't give up guys after all these years of waiting and disappointement we won't give up hope... Remember there is 3 remaining slot and Cloud was revealed in a random direct. DON'T GIVE UP !!

Sorry if my english is bad, I try my best...

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Sony produced the Persona anime series so there's probably some truth to that for the mainline titles.

Top Bottom