• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Been trying to go to sleep for the past 4 hours since I have a family road trip in literally 1 hour but I guess sleep said “ not today *****” Ughhhhhhh.

The only thing that can heal me is confirmation of Banjo in Smash.

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
I love GameXplain, but there's something very eyebrow-raising about the way they all go, "Ahahaha! Jon, your predictions always come true! People are going to think you have insider connections or something! Ahahaha!"

Methinks milady doth protest too much, to quote the Bard.
Yeah, that's what I thought too.

D

Deleted member

Are you ready for the longest weekend of your lives Banjo Kazooie fans?

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334

Are you ready for the longest weekend of your lives Banjo Kazooie fans?
Oh yes! I have convinced myself that Banjo Kazooie are going to be in Super Smash Bros Ultimate as fighter #72. But still, I'm keeping my hype in check.

Also anyone remember this?

It's payback time! ;^)
(Disclaimer: I am not attacking the author who made this. I was just joking about Joker stealing Banjo Kazooie's invitation. Just want to clear that up)

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Hopefully people remain civil regardless of how the next few days turn out. I doubt we'll get any character reveals at this Smash tournament (I think that's today, anyway), but I didn't think we'd get a character announcement at the Game Awards either, so clearly I'm not great at predicting that sort of thing.

Microsoft's press conference is tomorrow, right? Here's hoping we get something from Rare, or at least one of their IPs. (at the very least, we haven't heard anything about the new Battletoads game since its announcement last year, even though it's supposed to come out this year)

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Hopefully people remain civil regardless of how the next few days turn out. I doubt we'll get any character reveals at this Smash tournament (I think that's today, anyway), but I didn't think we'd get a character announcement at the Game Awards either, so clearly I'm not great at predicting that sort of thing.

Microsoft's press conference is tomorrow, right? Here's hoping we get something from Rare, or at least one of their IPs. (at the very least, we haven't heard anything about the new Battletoads game since its announcement last year, even though it's supposed to come out this year)
I think the difference between the Game Awards and the Smash tournament is the Game Awards is a mixture of fandoms watching all at once, so it presents a good opportunity to market a character not heavily associated with Nintendo on there. The people who will be watching the Smash tournament are the hardcore fans, perhaps many who've already signed up for the season pass. They want to market to people who haven't gotten the pass, which is the only reason why I'm entertaining the notion we could get two character reveals (knowing 3/5 characters is enough to make more skeptical people get it). I think the Nintendo Direct is the best bet for a reveal.

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434

Nintendo is king of left fields you know.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord

I think if anything comes out from the Smash tourney, it will be a reminder about the Direct Tuesday, which pretty much will confirm a reveal.

Lundcraft

Smash Apprentice
If they reveal something today, wouldnt Banjo make more sense, if Microsoft is tomorow? Because that would be the perfect lead up to if they have a new game for everyone.

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
So Sakurai posted and it seems he's saying he won't be at E3 but he'll be waking up early to watch the tournament.
e3s1.png

However the Japanese Smash Bros twitter account tweeted for everyone to check out the tournament.
e3s2.png
Put 2nd image in spoilers due to size.

Seems to me we should at most expect an announcement for an announcement. Either that or nothing and the Japanese twitter account wants people to check out the tournament just for entertainment value, one or the other.

dinkeytom

Smash Apprentice
I think Grant Kirkhope will not be involved in anything Microsoft produced because he openly slandered them on what they did to Rare. That's just my theory. When he appeared in Rare Replay, they gave a disclaimer on the interviews stating that the opinions and views are not representative of Microsoft/Rare. Other former Rare alumni have said stuff that contradicted Kirkhope. In my opinion it has caused damage to Microsoft's image, but I don't think Microsoft is all to blame for the way Rare is right now.

maf91186

Smash Journeyman
I have convinced myself that Banjo Kazooie are going to be in Super Smash Bros Ultimate as fighter #72. But still, I'm keeping my hype in check.
The fact that they missed the chance to be number 64 bothers me more than it should lol

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
Oh yes! I have convinced myself that Banjo Kazooie are going to be in Super Smash Bros Ultimate as fighter #72. But still, I'm keeping my hype in check.

Also anyone remember this?

It's payback time! ;^)
Inkuusan/Inkerton is a good man, please be easy on him!

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I think Grant Kirkhope will not be involved in anything Microsoft produced because he openly slandered them on what they did to Rare. That's just my theory. When he appeared in Rare Replay, they gave a disclaimer on the interviews stating that the opinions and views are not representative of Microsoft/Rare. Other former Rare alumni have said stuff that contradicted Kirkhope. In my opinion it has caused damage to Microsoft's image, but I don't think Microsoft is all to blame for the way Rare is right now.
Chris Seavor has done the exact same and yet they've brought him back to voice Conker several times

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
I do hope a follow up comic is made where Joker's trying to steal a jiggy, only to get pelted with eggs.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I was more turned off by a couple of them (I think it was Jon and Andre... mostly Andre) being ******** on Twitter during the whole Grinch thing.
Honestly, GameExplain was one of the reasons the Grinch Hoax received so much attention.

They would cover so many leaks in videos before, most turning out to be false. So here we have the Grinch stuff that initially even people doubting it were skeptical in it being fake. But what caught people's attention was that GX, who jump at opportunities to review any major Smash news that makes noise in the fanbase, didn't say anything about the Grinch. In fact, I think it was over a week before they addressed anything with it (look how fast their Banjo Resetta video came out this week).

Then, when their analysis video finally came out, it was less than 2 minutes (from a group who do 45 minutes analysis on 20 second game trailers) and it was flimsy with a quick dismissive handwave that it was fake. Funny enough, their proof was the Banjo render in the Grinch image. Then it turned out that their proof was wrong, even having Team Fake calling them out on it. And there was no follow-up video despite them doing that before with other topics.

Then people remember that one of the GX members has insider connections. So, with how out-of-character they were acting, dismissing it with proof that was shakey at first and found to be wrong, being rude to others and adamantly avoiding the topic completely, many thought their insiders gave them orders to bury the Grinch because it WAS true and they wanted to minimize the leak's appearance. Only that made more people pay attention to it because of how uncharacteristically GX were being.

Granted, they probably knew from day 1 it was fake, but they helped fuel the fire. All they had to do was act like their usual self: analyze it early, do a 45 minute video, pretend it may be the real deal even if they knew it wasn't and leave it ambiguous and just wait and see if further details came out. But to be so delayed on looking at it and then so blunt to ignore it with bad evidence just made people think it was real.

dinkeytom

Smash Apprentice
Chris Seavor has done the exact same and yet they've brought him back to voice Conker several times
The only thing I remember Chris saying was "I hope Nintendo r*** you this E3" back in 2010. I don't remember if he mentioned Microsoft by name, but other than that I don't recall him saying anything a long the lines of "Microsoft ruined Rare. I have nightmares every day thinking about it."

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Inkuusan/Inkerton is a good man, please be easy on him!
Oh goodness no I was just referring to Joker himself. I wasn't trying to attack the author who made it. I'm going to fix this right away. Sorry for the scare.

Last edited:

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
It seems like most of the insiders are jumping on the Banjo bandwagon, starting with Shinobi's tease. Since he hasn't said anything to either clarify or backtrack on that, I think he meant what he said and that this isn't a troll. I think something is happening with the bear and bird at E3, Smash included.

The only person who has heard about Erdrick is Tansut (I suspect Verge is piggybacking) and his only claim to fame is leaking Cloud (hours before he was announced when other people would have known about him). It's entirely possible that he was fed misinformation by someone at Square who is notorious for hating leaks. While I won't be shocked if Erdrick is in, I will also not be surprised if he turned out to be leakbait.

As for the tournament, it's possible that there's a character shadowdrop there, plus another reveal at the Nintendo Direct. I firmly believe we're getting a double reveal at E3.

Last edited:

Taco Cruise

Smash Journeyman
I'd give the smash tourney today a 5% chance for a reveal. Don't hold your breath, but if you love the game why not watch anyways with a chance for a reveal?

Microsoft's conference also won't probably have a smash reveal, even if it's Banjo. As much as I'd love to see Sakurai or a Nintendo rep appear with Phil Spencer in a video or something at MS conference I just doubt it will happen. Maybe 20% chance.

100% chance the Nintendo direct shows Smash's 4.0 update and at minimum one character. I'm expecting 2 character reveals, and praying for Banjo.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
It seems like most of the insiders are jumping on the Banjo bandwagon, starting with Shinobi's tease. Since he hasn't said anything to either clarify or backtrack on that, I think he meant what he said and that this isn't a troll. I think something is happening with the bear and bird at E3, Smash included.

The only person who has heard about Erdrick is Tansut (I suspect Verge is piggybacking) and his only claim to fame is leaking Cloud (hours before he was announced when other people would have known about him). It's entirely possible that he was fed misinformation by someone at Square who is notorious for hating leaks. While I won't be shocked if Erdrick is in, I will also not be surprised if he turned out to be leakbait.

As for the tournament, it's possible that there's a character shadowdrop there, plus another reveal at the Nintendo Direct. I firmly believe we're getting a double reveal at E3.
Also, does Tansut have a leaker history? Is he even an established leaker that cares about his leaker image? Many times people bring up if a leaker is wrong, it tarnishes their name and ruins their ability to be taken seriously anymore. One defense to Shinobi is that they wouldn't lie about Banjo as the backlash would be too big.

So, is Tansut known for leaking like GX, Sabi, Gematsu, Vergeben, etc, or was that a one time deal with Cloud until possibly Erdrick? Could he be wrong about Erdrick and just say 'Oh, they gave me wrong intel, oh well' and move on as he's not a invested leaker?

ProjectDream

Smash Apprentice
Do you have some source or is it just your speculation?

EDIT: No, I don't have the photo yet.
No source, but an educated guess.

I'm almost certain it'll pan out that way, as well as revealing multiple characters. We're 6 months into the year and the character pass has 1 character revealed so far. It ain't gonna sell itself on 1 name alone, Nintendo needs to start letting players know what they're buying.

I'm sure alot of people put down money regardless but that would be a small minority. Alot of people are just waiting, and the last reveal was in December last year.

I'd be pretty shocked if it was only one reveal at E3, it would be uncharacteristic in my opinion.

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
Also, does Tansut have a leaker history? Is he even an established leaker that cares about his leaker image? Many times people bring up if a leaker is wrong, it tarnishes their name and ruins their ability to be taken seriously anymore. One defense to Shinobi is that they wouldn't lie about Banjo as the backlash would be too big.

So, is Tansut known for leaking like GX, Sabi, Gematsu, Vergeben, etc, or was that a one time deal with Cloud until possibly Erdrick? Could he be wrong about Erdrick and just say 'Oh, they gave me wrong intel, oh well' and move on as he's not a invested leaker?
The only instances I've been able to find on the guy when it comes to leaks is about Cloud and also how he was confident the Grinch leak was fake due to a conversation he had. Someone correct me if I'm wrong and missed something but he doesn't seem to be known for leaks as much as others are.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace

It seems like leaking Cloud is his only claim to fame while Shinobi has been leaking things for years and had an excellent track record, such as teasing Ultimate before people even know it was a thing.

It's entirely possible that someone at Square fed him misinformation about Erdrick.

ze9

Smash Ace
I think Tansut is pretty solid.
He was the only one on the internet to not only know Cloud was in Smash, but also his release date.
And now he's got Erdrick. But he isn't really a leaker, I think ha just has some friend in Square Enix or something like that.
I see no reason to downplay the dude.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Nintendo can be unexpected, but to a point. They wouldn't overshadow their own other games' events on the same day just for the sake of "ha ha, a new character in Smash!", especially since it's the first time Super Mario Maker 2 is getting a big public showing.

If nothing interesting happens at the end of the day at all, don't say I didn't warn you.

It seems like leaking Cloud is his only claim to fame while Shinobi has been leaking things for years and had an excellent track record, such as teasing Ultimate before people even know it was a thing.

It's entirely possible that someone at Square fed him misinformation about Erdrick.
The biggest red flag is when Tansut asked his source to confirm if Erdrick was in, he didn't get a reply. Why would you not want to confirm a leak to a guy whose job is specifically to leak the damned vital info?

Something's rotten in Denmark, that much is certain.

Last edited:

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
Alright so, With all the Banjo hype spreading around I got into a creative mood So I thought it'd be fun to draw a collab with several active and well known people in this thread with their Avatars gasping at what could Potentially be what we've always dreamed of. If you'd like to be included I could toss you in, I'm not that great at Drawing so please bare with me if your avatar comes out looking pretty funky.

Now this was a quick sketch I did real quick with the 4 people that hit my mind right off the bat. @MissingGlitch @SneakyLink @MonkeyDLenny And @Connorb0t2 , Final piece will more likely have everyone in a small crowd together looking at the Bear and Bird in all their glory.

But uh, Yeah.
I like it. If you have room I'll bring in my old pic
GODZILLA_RAT_TPB_Cov2.jpg

Top Bottom